Spin-off of MeggysMommy's post! What were you doing....

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
......at this time 3 years ago????

......at this time 5 years ago????

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago???

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
February 12th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Super Mommy
I'll play:

Three years ago I was in my second year of my second B.S. degree.
Five years ago I was preparing to leave my ex-husband and move back home.
Ten years ago I was living with my best friend and about halfway through my first degree.
Shea131 likes this.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
February 12th, 2013, 10:54 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 years ago ... working FT at my 1st job out of academia; planning DS' FIRST bday party for 2/28!

5 years ago ... writing my thesis (100+ pages) in preparation to defend my PhD; NTNP for baby #1

10 years ago ... enjoying my last freedom before grad school, working as a lab tech and partying WAY too much, lol. i met DH later that year.
Shea131 likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 11:02 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
3 years ago I was a SAHM to a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and almost 2 month old.

5 years ago we lived in New Orleans & about this time we got to experience our first Mardi Gras

10 years ago I was a junior in high school
Shea131 likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
3 years ago I was pregnant with DD, we had a ton of snow that winter so around this time I was dealing with the snow and I remember the crib delivery being delayed because of it.

5 years ago I was planning my wedding and we were looking for a house to buy. We were supposed to close on one in late Feb but it didn't end up going through, which was probably a good thing in the end.

10 years ago I was mid year through my first year of college. Hadn't met DH yet.
Shea131 likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 years: Reconnecting our family. DH had just been home from deployment for a few days and had met DD for the first time.

5 years: Had been married just over 1 month and were living in CA.

10 years: Had just met DH, finished Tech school several months earlier and probably just about started dating DH.
Shea131 likes this.

Oct '11 June '12
February 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
......at this time 3 years ago???? - I was a new mommy! DS was born 12/29/09 so he would only been a little over a month old.

......at this time 5 years ago???? - DH and I were just moving back from Cleveland.

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago??? Im sure I was up to no good as I was 21 and lived in a huge house with 4 other girls!
Shea131 likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

February 12th, 2013, 11:43 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 years ago...hanging out with DS1 who was almost 6 months old and most likely waiting for DH to come back from an underway (being out to sea)

5 years ago...moving to NH to meet the first submarine DH would be on and learning how to live in the snow

10 years ago...junior in high school and wanting school to be over!
Shea131 likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

February 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
3 years ago I was 7 months pregnant and preparing for DD arrival.

5 years ago DH and I had only lived in our house together for a couple months so we were just enjoying that new chapter of our lives.

10 years ago I was in the second half of my freshman year of high school and was just starting to hang out with DH. We started officially dating in may 2003.

I love hearing everyone's stories!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
February 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
3 years... I was 36+2 preggers with my dd & celebrating my lil sis 18th birthday.

5 years... Spending the day at work waiting on my DH to get out ofte field

10 years ago...I was sophomore in high school, I had just met my first DH

February 12th, 2013, 12:05 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
......at this time 3 years ago???? Well we already know that answer

......at this time 5 years ago???? Getting last minute plans done for our wedding

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago??? Umm I was young and in 7th grade and spending a lot of time with my cousin who had triplets that summer.

February 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran
3 years ago: In New Zealand on my honeymoon, just finishing the Kepler Track
5 years ago: In California, finishing my PhD and interviewing for faculty and postdoc positions
10 years ago: In California, attempting to survive the first year of graduate school, just a few months into dating my DH.

February 12th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Veteran
3 years ago I was preggers with my 2nd kid, expecting in November, and freelance writing.

5 years ago I was preggers with my 1st kid, expecting in July, freelance writing.

10 years ago I was getting ready to celebrate my 1 year wedding anniversary, working as a magazine editor.
February 12th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Super Mommy
3 years ago I was finishing up my Bachelor of Education degree and planning my wedding.

5 years ago I was finishing up my Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology degree and planning a move to a new city, moving in with DH.

10 years ago I was finishing up high school!!
February 12th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
3years ago: Living in a share house with 5 others, "casually dating" DH (haha) and working as a centre co-ordinator in a childcare centre full time while studying my diploma of librarianship part time

5years ago: Studying early childhood education, living in a women's shelter following leaving an abusive ex-boyfriend, really wasn't a great time.

10years ago: Year 9 at high school, I was a massive pain in the backside then.
February 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
3 years ago I was recovering from severe injuries, while at the same time attempting to chase after my now DH.

5 years ago I had just moved back home after losing just about everything in life.

10 years ago I was job searching.
February 12th, 2013, 03:11 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
......at this time 3 years ago???? I had just finished my masters and had a 2 year old.

......at this time 5 years ago???? was in the hospital! DS had been born 6 weeks early (on Feb 10th).

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago??? I was in college getting my education degree.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
February 12th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
......at this time 3 years ago???? For some reason, this was the hardest year to remember. DH was transitioning out of the navy and we were either still living in Florida or had just moved to San Diego. We were both looking for new jobs.

......at this time 5 years ago???? I had a 2 month old baby! I was living in Florida with my husband who was a helicopter pilot in the navy at the time.

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago??? I was finishing up my senior year of high school and getting ready to move to San Diego for college. I lived in Oregon.
February 12th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Super Mommy
3 years ago: completing a 1-month internship teaching high school Spanish

5 years ago: helping my newly immigrated Cuban husband adjust to life in Canada (i.e. how to use an ATM machine, selecting a brand of mayonnaise amongst the 10 available on the grocery shelf, don't leave metal spoons in the bowl when you microwave your soup, canned vegetables don't go in the freezer, etc...) And yes, it was exhausting! lol

10 years ago: in my 2nd semester of university, living in residence and enjoying my first few months being of legal drinking age (over here it's 19!)
February 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Regular
3 years ago: working full time and spending time with my 4mo old
5 years ago: I had just asked DH to marry me
10 years ago: 11th grade - me and DH had been dating for 7mo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search