Interesting blog article i ran across :(

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 02:23 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
I think she truly believes all the balls she has read. She probably doesn't wash her breasts daily either or use the wipes if its been a while in the day before the thought of feeding your baby. I had to use wipes all the time because of leaky boobs.. ewww dirty boobs she must have. grose.

I think the main aim for her was to shock, the way she put it across is more of a shock than listing plainly.. I think its grose and unhygenic.. but she didnt.. she put all the detail and shock factor.

I nursed for 2 years.. my family didnt like me feeding with them in the room but f it, I did it anyway.. I will nuse this time if I physically can.. I will feed the same as I did with a blanket over my shoulder if my top is not a easy one to nurse with.

Sheesh..

I am actually laughing at the grubby tits. lol lol lol

I agree with the one here who said BF and FF get the same argument against them. I just say do what you think is best for your baby. I have been educated that breast milk is best but if I can not supply it I will have to use the next best thing. I have no issues..

sigh.

Woman think they are so high and mighty sometimes when it comes to BF v FF lol
GranolaMamaOf3 and Gini_3boys like this.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

February 15th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats a pretty good conclusion.

This woman does not shower.

I am satisfied with that.
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.
February 17th, 2013, 01:59 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
That germs one is just killing me... It just laughable!
You know.... maybe we shouldn't have sex either. I mean, do you know how many germs are on our guys you-know-what? and we're inserting it into our bodies?!?!If it can't be boiled.... (sorry I couldn't help myself.)

This is the biggest chunk of non-sense I have ever heard! To be honest, I'm not surprised teenage boys wouldn't admit to being breastfed, but that doesn't mean they don't have a good relationship with their mom...

Just ridicules!

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; February 17th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
February 17th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great, now I keep thinking about a pot of boiled breasts and penises.

Oh crap, what about when babies stick their hands/feet in their mouthes? Better put some hands and feet in the pot too for good measure.
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.
February 17th, 2013, 02:09 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
LOL! I'm sorry, I really couldn't help myself!

February 20th, 2013, 03:56 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am stalking from the October DDC.

I did not want to breastfeed my first daughter, but then I loved it. Sadly, O lost my supply after going to work.

With my second I had supply issues off the bat and my milk was also not agreeing with her so I had to stop at 6 weeks.

I plan on breastfeeding this little one with all the help I can get for 9 months (my personal goal).

I don't think there is anything wrong with formula feeding - but I think all moms should at least try breast feeding IF they can.

If she prefers to formula feed I just wish she said "hey, I don't want to breastfeed and that's okay."

I had a friend who was such a La Leche League nightmare that used to make me feel awful for not putting organic clothing on my kids or for not trying harder to breastfeed - little did she know that with my first I tried so hard and finally had to supplement the last two months with formula because she wasn't getting enough food It made me feel so bad. Thankfully she never had to deal with supply issues or she would have known all the stress and worry and guilt I felt!

Now I say do what you can and what makes you and baby happy. But don't let someone else push their agenda down your throat because of their issues or concerns or whatever. To each their own when it comes to parenthood!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
February 20th, 2013, 06:57 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I think it's a lot of her own opinions and non-sense. But honestly, more-so than that, I really think that this is what society has bred. In the US breasts are made to be sexual where-as other parts of the world don't sexualize the female body as much or to the extent the US does.

That having been said, I pumped for DS1 until I dried up because he was in the NICU. Once the milk was gone, he was formula fed. Do I regret it, not at all. Had I known about donor milk, I probably would've opted for that but I didn't know about it... It was not something that was real big back in 2003. DS1 turned out just fine.

DS2 & DS3 were both EBF'd because I wanted to and yeah, I struggled at the beginning with DS2 to make it work. But I made it work for us. I would've formula fed again if I would've had to but I didn't.

Baby #4 will be EBF'd as long as possible and since I EBF'd 2&3, I'm comfortable BFing in public but I'm more than happy to cover myself with the ring sling. Anyone who has a problem with it can shove it.

I have no issue with women who want to formula feed but FFS, don't bash a mom for BFing just because you formula fed and find BFing disgusting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search