Friday...

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 08:06 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would like to crawl back in bed please. This has already not been my day. SO glad it's Friday, though, and a 3 day weekend, too!

Anyone else have a 3 day weekend because of President's Day? Anyone have plans?

February 15th, 2013, 08:24 AM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
My school system has 4 days off. We are out today and on Monday. We will begin our addition of a 3rd bedroom for our little girl and a new laundry room this weekend. I am excited about that because that means I get to pick colors for the walls and the flooring that is to go down. I do, however, dread the mess that it will bring in the beginning stages. On Monday, I will be taking my boys shoe shopping since both have outgrown their sneakers. It will not be much of a relaxing weekend, but I am thankful for the time to get things done.
MommysPocket likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Oh wow...that does sound like quite the project! I'm sure it'll be really great when it's done. It is tough to live through the mess at the time, though...BTDT.

We don't have definite plans, thank goodness. But I want to work on getting organized, and getting thing set up for baby.
JenLee likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 09:02 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd be ok with crawling back into bed..

We don't have plans for the weekend yet. Hopefully we can scrounge enough money to buy some carpet for the bedrooms!

I hope the weather is decent so we can get some outside time in.
February 15th, 2013, 09:22 AM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
Almost fell asleep driving to work. I have noticed lately by thursday I'm yawning by noon and just am totally whooped! Glad V-day is over - Hubby didn't do anything - not even a card. At least I got him a card. The girls gave him an "I love You Daddy" book. But he picked a fight and went to the bedroom, I didn't even want to see him after that. So needless to say we still haven't spoken. He didn't get up to help me with the kids either.... I'm so over this week. He will probably make it a point to work this weekend just to spite me, cause i am only off on sat & sun. Whatever.....
February 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could go back to bed too. No real plans this weekend except my husband has grand ideas of all sorts of fun things he wants to do this weekend. As always I am hoping these Christmas boxes move out of our dining room....
MommysPocket likes this.
February 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
Yea I am finding it very hard to get up in the morning to get ready for work, I just wanna stay in bed!!

Tonight me and my best friend are going to dinner and to see Safe Haven at the movies, the in-laws are keeping the kids for a few hours so that will be nice, cause dh has to work all evening. Thats the only big plans I have for the weekend.
February 15th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ThaiSpice--Sorry your day is not going well. :-(

I have a 3 day weekend but I will probably do some work from home. I am also planning on going to purchase the stroller and put together some of the other baby stuff. We are doing maternity photos on Monday so I need to find an outfit for that.
February 15th, 2013, 09:41 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
No 3-day weekend here, except that I just found out this week that day care is closed on Monday, and the 3 older girls have school, and I have to work, and hubby is on call. Not sure how we will manage that exactly.

My plan is to go tonight and get birthday presents for our friend's little boy who turned 1 yesterday. His party is tomorrow afternoon. Since hubby is on ride time, I figure I'll treat the girls to a (cheap) dinner out, and they can help me pick out gifts. Then 2 of the girls and I have to be at our fire department at 7 in the morning to work a pancake breakfast. I'm hoping Sunday will involve relaxing.

And my oldest wants to get her cartilage pierced at some point. She's been asking for a long time, but we have to go over the state line since apparently it can only be done at tattoo parlors here...

New picture in progress......
February 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas10 View Post
ThaiSpice--Sorry your day is not going well. :-(
Thanks...hopefully it will get better. I just keep thinking, "At least it's Friday," and "Three day weekend!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
As always I am hoping these Christmas boxes move out of our dining room....
Hoping this is your weekend!

February 15th, 2013, 09:59 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is just one of those days because I stayed in bed until 10:30ish today. I'm excited for tomorrow because DH is making my valentines dinner for me and he seems excited about it which makes me excited. He also has monday off for the holiday so that's always nice too. I feel better when he is home.
February 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully your day has turned around!!

Long weekend here. No school Monday but hubby does have to work. He has to take a 1/2 day though because we have tickets to Scooby Doo live that got rescheduled from the storm. My son has belt graduation tomorrow for karate. I'm hoping to get a few more baby things organized. I really want a pedicure too ; )

February 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a three-day weekend, too. DH, too. But we don't have big plans for it. It will be nice to have the extra day, though.
February 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
I really want a pedicure too ; )

My mom thinks that a pedicure is exactly what I need!!! I am not complaining! lolI will definitely be taking her up on the offer this weekend!

DF is going to start cleaning out his mothers condo so that we can start moving in. I am hoping to go with him, even though I am going to be useless, but I can see him just throwing out everything, and not thinking about what could actually be good to save. Then I am hoping for a trip to the paint store!

Monday we are going for a personal hospital tour at the hospital I am really really hoping to give birth at! It is where I was born, but at the first sign of any complication with the baby they send you to the bigger hospital twenty minutes away who has the nicu. Also, if you are in pre term labor before 36 weeks, they transfer you also, so keep your fingers crossed for me!!!
nameetog likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
I wish I could go back to bed too. No real plans this weekend except my husband has grand ideas of all sorts of fun things he wants to do this weekend. As always I am hoping these Christmas boxes move out of our dining room....
I say you send us DH email so we can send him random messages about moving the boxes. You've been waiting a while, lol!

My weekend is starting out pretty decent. Sold our moped today so the extra $$ is nice. Tomorrow the dry wall work in our basement playroom should be done which is awesome! (The basement flooded which resulted in taking out all the walls and some floor to re do the drain tile). And I told DH we are finishing the baby's room this weekend which means some fun family projects.

February 15th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Veteran
Just planning on resting as usual. I'm not on bed rest, but doc said to listen to my body and take it easy. And my poor body is done I think. Going to the grocery store puts me into painful contractions and swollen feet. Ugh. However, on a very happy note...

My husband should be flying in Sunday or Monday from Alaska!!! I'm soooooo excited! I'm staying w my parents and once dh gets here we'll move into a sweet little apartment until baby girl comes. I'm ready to have some autonomy again!! Definitely excited to see my man and so is Madeline. Just a few more days!

February 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieLMG View Post
Just planning on resting as usual. I'm not on bed rest, but doc said to listen to my body and take it easy. And my poor body is done I think. Going to the grocery store puts me into painful contractions and swollen feet. Ugh. However, on a very happy note...

My husband should be flying in Sunday or Monday from Alaska!!! I'm soooooo excited! I'm staying w my parents and once dh gets here we'll move into a sweet little apartment until baby girl comes. I'm ready to have some autonomy again!! Definitely excited to see my man and so is Madeline. Just a few more days!
Glad he'll be there soon! Glad you're taking it easy.

February 15th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Well not much for my Friday! Waiting for my better half to get home in 2 1/2 more hours! But tomorrow we will be setti g up the crib yay!

February 15th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Super Mommy
Well ladies, if you are reading this you survived Friday!!!! Welcome to the weekend!
February 15th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
Glad he'll be there soon! Glad you're taking it easy.
Thank you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search