Ok I admit

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes
  • 1 Post By Cortney6983
  • 2 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 4 Post By *Anya*
  • 3 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By MsRK
  • 4 Post By ~AmazedByYou~
  • 2 Post By bananamagic
  • 2 Post By dylans_mommy
  • 1 Post By jen747
  • 3 Post By alyssabeth2685
  • 4 Post By nameetog
  • 3 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By bellasky
  • 1 Post By alyssabeth2685
  • 3 Post By Twirlbird

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I am scared of being a first time mom! All those unknowns, I know it won't be easy but my family friend has been telling me how hard it really is and it's scary! You are given this little life without a manual of how to handle them!
alyssabeth2685 likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 10:01 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's understandable. Nothing wrong with those feelings! But you'll be surprised how quickly you learn, and how instinctual some things can be.
nameetog and Cortney6983 like this.

February 15th, 2013, 10:02 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's by far the hardest thing you'll ever do in your entire life, but also the most rewarding. Baby smiles hugs and kisses are sometimes the only things worth living for
February 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I would give anything to be a first-time mom again. I went into it having no clue what to expect, and for me, that's always better. Now I know EXACTLY what I'm getting into, and I'm definitely more nervous than I was with my first, second, or third. I had a TON of nervousness with my fourth because I was so out of practice. The saying that ignorance is bliss holds true for me.
Atank03, nameetog and Cortney6983 like this.

New picture in progress......
February 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You will figure it out quickly. And you will have this board for support and that is a great resource!
Cortney6983 likes this.
February 15th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
Yes its amazing how the Maternal instincts kick in!! But its pretty normal to be nervous. The unknown is always the scariest! You will do great!
February 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you lady. I'm terrified of being a first time mother. TERRIFIED. But at the same time this is part of my dream to be a mother and I KNOW, I KNOW that I can raise a good child and will be doing my absolute best for this child. I know that you feel the same. Because of that.. I say... bring it on!! I'm as ready as I'm going to get...
Cortney6983 likes this.
February 15th, 2013, 11:17 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Yeeeeeep. And I was not prepared for how difficult it was. Motherhood is NOTHING like it looks on TV, FYI. But you learn to roll with the punches and figure out what works. Looking back.. I'm not sure how I *LIVED* between being up all night nursing the baby then getting up at 6am to work a 12 hour shift.. lather, rinse, repeat. I really am surprised I survived... looking back it's all a blur.

February 15th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Veteran
I was very nervous the first time too and have to say I am equally nervous this time. Not so much about caring for the baby but about the whole birth part. Probably because no matter how many kids you have you never know what to expect and because I am older there are some added risks.
jen747 and HalfDozen like this.

February 15th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AmazedByYou~ View Post
Yeeeeeep. And I was not prepared for how difficult it was. Motherhood is NOTHING like it looks on TV, FYI. But you learn to roll with the punches and figure out what works. Looking back.. I'm not sure how I *LIVED* between being up all night nursing the baby then getting up at 6am to work a 12 hour shift.. lather, rinse, repeat. I really am surprised I survived... looking back it's all a blur.
You're right I think you just do it !

February 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Excited first time mommy!
I think we all go through it, but I can tell by how active you are in asking questions you'll be an awesome mom! Trust yourself
February 15th, 2013, 01:31 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's true...you just do it, because you have to. I'm definately nervous the second time around. A lot of the first year is still a blur to me too, but at the same time, it was also the sweetest time of my life. You just go one day at a time & trust yourself.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
It will be FINE!!!!! Most things will come naturally - dont try to over think and over plan. It will make you frustrated and upset when things dont happen as smoothly as you think. And this will never change once you have children. I am scared too and I'm a 3rd time mommy, to all girls, so I know what to do and it doesn't make me less scared.
If children teach you nothing else its patience. Because not matter what sh*t happens. I can't tell you how many times I am getting all of us ready and on time to work and something crazy happens. Someone spills their entire bowl of cereal at the last minute. You cant leave it - you have to clean it up and hopefully they didn't spill it on themselves or back to the bedroom to change.
You will be ready to go headed to the car and randomly a kid steps in a big pile of poo. Where did the poo come from? - who knows! You will get spit up on so bad you have to change. You will have baby all tucked in out the door you go and you smell something... oh the baby just had an explosive poo - blow out diaper onto the clothes and seeping god knows where else! It totally happens, more than you will dream of.
February 15th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Where did the poo come from? - who knows!
BWAHAHAHA! I laugh because its true!!

It is hard but SO worth it. Honestly if it was so bad no one would ever have more than one kid. Not saying there aren't days I want to cry. Sometimes I do cry. Sometimes I just laugh. Somedays I lock myself in the bathroom. It happens ; )

February 15th, 2013, 02:11 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
BWAHAHAHA! I laugh because its true!!

It is hard but SO worth it. Honestly if it was so bad no one would ever have more than one kid. Not saying there aren't days I want to cry. Sometimes I do cry. Sometimes I just laugh. Somedays I lock myself in the bathroom. It happens ; )
And sometimes I hide in the corner and eat a piece of chocolate so I don't have to share
February 15th, 2013, 02:40 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I'm scared too. I am so ready but I'm scared of being responsible for this little child.
Cortney6983 likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 03:59 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
I have a couple friends who have no children and they are in their 50's now. Let me just say that the ability to cope and life skills that being a parent teaches cannot be replaced by anything. No matter how many fur babies you have it does not take the place of a child. I wonder sometimes how these ladies make it through the day, the littlest things are life ending to them. And they are very selfish... For any FTM's the first time a friend or someone asks you to do something or has an event and asks you to not bring kids or for "adults" only, don't be surprised at how offended and hurt you may feel. It took time for me to adjust in this area - being a young mom at 21 I pretty much backed away from all of my friends. Because they tried to convince me of how I needed my own time. Well that is true - just like other moms said, you may find yourself locking the bathroom door - because there is truly no "alone" time. But really I dont think any of us would trade if for the world. Yes you might cry and have moments but who doesn't!
Cortney6983 likes this.
February 15th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

And sometimes I hide in the corner and eat a piece of chocolate so I don't have to share
For my birthday, one of my best friends made me carrot cake... I hide in the bathroom, shoving cake in my mouth as fast as I could so a) littles did not know there was cake b) so that I didn't need to share
*Anya*, nameetog and Cortney6983 like this.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013
Elizabeth Flora Ruth: March 6th, 2015

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search