Water birth

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mommymichael
  • 1 Post By kjm

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I know that we have several birth center and homebirth moms. Who is planning to birth in a pool/tub? Or labor in one? What tub are you using, if you're getting your own? Just curious!

February 20th, 2013, 04:12 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Will labor and deliver in tub if I make it to 37 weeks
I just use the tub they have at the birth center unless we opt to do the birth at home, then whatever they have to rent!
February 20th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could have a water birth! It's not an option at the hospital I'll be delivering it :'(

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 20th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to try to do a home water birth in a large rental tub if I don't scare myself out of it and drop the midwife all together. I hate this nervousness when I was never worried about it before! Grr.

February 20th, 2013, 07:33 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
I wish I could have a water birth! It's not an option at the hospital I'll be delivering it :'(
me neither. Would love to try it!

February 20th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I was calling around to local hospitals for my friend who was looking for a hospital water birth or even just the option to labor in the tub...and NADA! And we live in a big city! That's kind of frustrating that hospitals don't tend to offer it!

February 20th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love to do a water birth! Maybe the next baby when DH is actually here for the birth.
February 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM
mommymichael's Avatar I am strong.
I'm doing a home birth with a pool. This is my third time. The first time I rented a hard sided tub and hated the hard sides.
The second time I used an intex blow up "fishie" pool. I LOVED it. It was perfect. I filled the water pretty high and could literally stretch out.

The third baby I was at the hospital and all they had was a small shower that wouldn't even be big enough for an RV. It was ridiculous.

This time we're in a different house, and can have another home birth. I can't use the same size intex pool as before, but I AM getting another smaller one that is 60 inches across. I've compared the sizes to some of the "official birth pools" you can find online that are like $100+. This one is less than $30 on amazon.
UrbanMomma likes this.
Wife, Mommy to Roan, Willem, Trillian & Baby #4 Due Aug 2013
February 20th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be having a water birth, using the tub at the birth center.
Husher likes this.

February 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymichael View Post
I'm doing a home birth with a pool. This is my third time. The first time I rented a hard sided tub and hated the hard sides.
The second time I used an intex blow up "fishie" pool. I LOVED it. It was perfect. I filled the water pretty high and could literally stretch out.

The third baby I was at the hospital and all they had was a small shower that wouldn't even be big enough for an RV. It was ridiculous.

This time we're in a different house, and can have another home birth. I can't use the same size intex pool as before, but I AM getting another smaller one that is 60 inches across. I've compared the sizes to some of the "official birth pools" you can find online that are like $100+. This one is less than $30 on amazon.
Yeah, I saw that one on Bring Birth Home but I was torn because I'm wondering, as stupid as it may sound, if the fishies will distract me. Or make me feel like a loser lol I was kind of hoping the more expensive ones were more comfortable though. I was thinking about La Bassine.

February 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM
mommymichael's Avatar I am strong.
I've never used the la bassine, I honestly can't afford to get it. I was quite comfortable in the fishie pool. It had the inflatable sides to lean against which is what i really wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
Yeah, I saw that one on Bring Birth Home but I was torn because I'm wondering, as stupid as it may sound, if the fishies will distract me. Or make me feel like a loser lol I was kind of hoping the more expensive ones were more comfortable though. I was thinking about La Bassine.
Wife, Mommy to Roan, Willem, Trillian & Baby #4 Due Aug 2013
February 21st, 2013, 05:37 AM
Veteran
The hospital I'm delivering at has a couple rooms with birthing pools. It just depends on if they are available when you arrive, but I'd love to try it. I don't think they let you birth in the pool though. I do wonder if I'd like it though. Each time I've been in labor before, I've tried to take a bath at home and hated it. Maybe because we just have a regular sized bathtub and it's not at all deep enough, but in general, I really like to move and walk through my labor. Do you all think a deeper pool would make a difference?
February 21st, 2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabies View Post
Do you all think a deeper pool would make a difference?
Well I know when my midwife talked about pools, she did say to make sure I get one that covers me!

February 21st, 2013, 06:23 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
I want to if I get the time. I'm scared of having a quick delivery.
February 21st, 2013, 06:49 AM
Yeah, I think the same for me. I had a 3 hour labor last time and they broke my water. I'm nervous that since it'll be breaking on its own this time, the baby will practically fly out!

February 21st, 2013, 07:48 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Planning my third waterbirth! My midwife has several tubs available to rent, I'll probably use the same one as last time, I liked it. Not sure what brand it is, but it's blue, inflatable, and has a cushioned bottom.
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
February 22nd, 2013, 06:24 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Our birthing center has a large birthing tub (jacuzzi or something?) in each room. I had a water birth last time and LOVED it. I'm definitely hoping to do that again. It was an amazing experience and I swear I never actually felt pain. It was really just wonderful.

February 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like the idea of water birth but i'm afraid I will get grossed out sitting in the water that all the nasty stuff is in. I'm weird like that. I might labor in the tub but idk about birthing in it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search