Favorite Book

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLisaT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
That you have read about pregnancy?

Mine is Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

February 27th, 2013, 12:20 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm reading one called Homebirth in the Hospital. So far it's been really good!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 27th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't really read any pregnancy books I read What to Expect before I was even pregnant and that was just okay. All my pregnancy reading is coming from websites. Though, I am about to start reading a book that my sister recommends called "The Happiest Baby on the Block". She swears by this book! It's about ways to calm an upset baby.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm loving The Baby Book by Dr. Sears. full of great and actually useful info! he also has The Birth Book out but i have heard there is enough similar info in the baby book, and its much broader in info!

February 27th, 2013, 07:52 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lisa, I read the Happiest Baby book, and just for my take on it, it seems to favor scheduling feedings with a small baby. I personally think they ought to be able to eat whenever they are hungry and sleep whenever they are tired.
I tried that book out of desperation because I had an incredibly fussy son who didn't sleep through the night until he was a year old. He still wakes a couple times a night at times. I would suggest read the book, and realize that every baby is different, and that while there may be some good advice there, it may not work for your baby in particular. Not to be a wet blanket, but just my thoughts!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 27th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Brock's minion
The happiest baby on the block. It's the perfect book for our choice in parenting style.

Michelle
February 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the differing opinion, Joy. I figure whether I use the knowledge I gain from the book or not, it will still be good to know.
February 27th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Brock's minion
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLisaT View Post
Thanks for the differing opinion, Joy. I figure whether I use the knowledge I gain from the book or not, it will still be good to know.
I agree, all info is good info.

Michelle
February 27th, 2013, 10:48 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I really liked Ina Mays as well.

Birthing from Within was fabulous if you can ignore some of the fruitier "birth art" stuff. I thought it was a great read with lots of good information on natural childbirth. But I will say some of it was a bit beyond me...like the art portions. But I still think it is worth reading

I kinda felt the same about the Happiest Baby book as Joy did. And I wasn't impressed with the No-cry sleep solution either. They seemed a bit trite and like there was an "answer" to our issues. But, alas, my kids figured out the sleep thing and the adjustment thing just fine without my doing anything specific. But if the suggestions help give some direction to someone really struggling, go for it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search