Would you let a stranger name your baby?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 2 Post By misty3281
  • 4 Post By TeeCee
  • 4 Post By Counting our Blessings
  • 2 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 05:56 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
There is absolutely no way I could ever do this to my child. Who knows what kind of kooky name ends up getting the most votes.

Mom-to-Be Selling Rights to Name Baby for $5K

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 1st, 2013, 06:32 AM
Memi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heck no!! $5k doesnt even go that far. So not worth it!
Expecting #3 in January 2016!

March 1st, 2013, 06:56 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As someone who is nowhere near picking out a name, there is something a bit appealing about just leaving it to someone else. I would never be able to actually follow through though.
TeeCee likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't even want people I know naming my baby, let alone a stranger likely to come up with something absurd just to do it.
pressedfairie and rheaimedved like this.

March 1st, 2013, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If I could guarantee that the name wouldn't be something way out there or offensive and if I was using the money for something good like my baby's college fund, MAYBE I would consider. But, of course, I can't guarentee that the choosen name wouldn't be something like Hashtag or Like, so absolutely not!!
March 1st, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
sadly this is my life... lol

i have no clue what my childs gender is nor will i have any say so in what he or she is named.
we leave it up to god parents who we choose and they have all rights to give your child any name they like.
there have been nights where all i could think about are the awful names a person can choose, so i lay in bed thinking of the married couples i know that seem decent enough to pick out a decent name, not to mention which couple would be great god parents to my child.
i wont get paid for it... lol although i should since i will be the one giving birth to this baby, but its my cultural and yes... i do abide by the rules.. sometimes
March 1st, 2013, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll ask the flip question...

Why would you want to name someone else's baby? I mean, who cares? Have your own and name it that. I just don't understand why someone would want to pay to name a strangers baby. There's plenty of wonderful charities

March 1st, 2013, 08:39 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah, who would be dumb enough to pay to name someone else's kid?!
March 1st, 2013, 08:44 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The lady who is doing that should be ashamed! No one should exploit their children for the sake of money. Name your own danged kid!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 1st, 2013, 08:59 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
sadly this is my life... lol

i have no clue what my childs gender is nor will i have any say so in what he or she is named.
we leave it up to god parents who we choose and they have all rights to give your child any name they like.
there have been nights where all i could think about are the awful names a person can choose, so i lay in bed thinking of the married couples i know that seem decent enough to pick out a decent name, not to mention which couple would be great god parents to my child.
i wont get paid for it... lol although i should since i will be the one giving birth to this baby, but its my cultural and yes... i do abide by the rules.. sometimes
I think this is a neat part of your culture, but I'm a control freak, so I don't know if I could handle that! At least you get to pick the people who are naming your baby

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 1st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
heck no!

March 1st, 2013, 10:05 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
Uhh... no . I am way too particular about what is mine lol, so I will definitely not be relinquishing that right and honor to someone else ;P. I didn't click on the link that was provided, but I heard that someone had let someone else name their kid for a price and the baby was named "Megatron" . Granted there are probably worse names out there, I'm sure being named "Megatron" won't exactly bring about the best attention to that poor kid growing up =/.

March 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Ugh. No. Not unless it was cultural, like TeeCee. I totally respect that. But not for a measly $5K. No way!! I wouldn't even let my husband have 100% naming power for 5K
Memi and EverydayJoy like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search