Side sleeping?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 06:09 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's about the only way to sleep unless you're sleeping sitting up Anyways, I wake up and my hips ache terribly! Anyone found any ways to stop this?

Oct '11 June '12
March 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
sweetie77's Avatar Mommy to 3+1
I am right here with you .I hate it I even tried a pillow no help
March 7th, 2013, 06:24 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Sometimes a pillow between my knees helps.

March 7th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Super Mommy
I've been ending up on the couch a lot. I nestle into a corner, with pillows propped up against the armrest, so I can distribute some of the pressure into my back (using the back of the couch) and side. The head elevation also helps me with acid reflux, which hit me the other night. I also put a pillow between my knees. I think the positioning helps, and honestly it sort of helps not to snuggle with DH. Sometimes when I find a comfortable position he ends up being the one putting pressure on my hips with his arm or by subtly shifting my weight with his.
March 7th, 2013, 07:33 AM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use a body pillow. It helps some but I am in need of a new one. I still wake up some mornings on my back.

March 7th, 2013, 07:37 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I constantly find myself sleeping on my back. I try to sleep on my side, but my hips hurt when I do and I haven't found anything to help with that, except for sleeping on my back.
March 7th, 2013, 07:52 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes a pillow between my hips help but not always. :/

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I'm naturally a side sleeper, so I generally find it comfortable, but in pregnancy I do have to position myself a little differently. It depends on which side of the bed I'm sleeping on and which side of my body I'm sleeping on, but sometimes it helps to put a pillow between my knees and up under my belly (especially in the third trimester). But my favorite sleep position is to keep the bottom leg stretched out and draw up the top knee, and then roll my body forward just enough that my belly is supported by the bed. (again, in the third trimester I will sometimes use a pillow under the top knee and belly)

If I wake up on my back I am SO SORE!

March 7th, 2013, 08:27 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
^^^ ditto what granolamama said. That's exactly how I sleep except my DH tucks a pillow behind my back as well.

March 7th, 2013, 09:01 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I use a body pillow tucked under my tummy and between my knees... Sometimes I have to fold the body pillow in half and tuck it between my knees to keep my hips even.
March 7th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I've been sleeping ok on my side or I put a pillow behind me so I can kinda roll to my back but not be totally flat. I'm sore in the morning no matter what. I have a pregnancy body pillow and its comfortable to sleep with but doesn't help me be any less sore in the mornings.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 7th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am trying the body pillow but either way I toss and turn and can't be comfortable too long without getting sore.
Oh the joys! I still sleep on my back sometimes because its the most comfy still.

March 7th, 2013, 12:32 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I was having that problem from early on so I bought a pregnancy pillow & haven't had it since
March 7th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been using a body pillow to prop under my belly and between my knees. It seems to help... although I have to switch sides like 4-6 times a night which means I have to completely wake up and set myself back up again... ugggg. I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again!!!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

March 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For me, sleep is actually the one thing that helps my hip/back/pelvic pain. DH has back issues, so we sprung for a really nice mattress about a year ago and I am now reaping the benefits. A new mattress is probably out of the question but what about a comfy mattress pad or something? I do still wake up with a bit of pain, but it's not as bad as the pain I get at the end of the day. I have found that sometimes doing stretches and hip rolls helps relieve the pain.
March 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am naturally a stomach sleeper so it is VERY hard to get comfortable at night. I have a snoogle pillow and it does help but still I get sore. I flip between both sides and my back.

March 7th, 2013, 07:38 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
So far I haven't had any issues with sleeping, other than occasional muscle cramps. Wish I could help

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
March 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I sleep so that my belly is resting on the bed, while I am on my side. Third tri hits and I stuff a body pillow in between, but I throw it around andddd I don't sleep at all, lol. right now, I sleep out of pure exhaustion from my 10 month old not sleeping lol
March 7th, 2013, 10:10 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still find myself sleeping on my back. I try to prop with a pillow but as soon as I'm asleep the pillow goes to the floor and I roll on my back and sleep comfortably. I just do the best I can and try not to stress about it. I dont think I even knew about the back sleeping thing last pregnancy.
March 7th, 2013, 10:19 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhug_nar View Post
I use a body pillow tucked under my tummy and between my knees... Sometimes I have to fold the body pillow in half and tuck it between my knees to keep my hips even.
Same here!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search