USPS rant - good update, p. 12

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
So, a couple weeks ago I purchased some pre-folds from a couple different women on DiaperSwappers.

According to USPS' tracking, one of the packages should have arrived on Monday. It didn't. I was home at the supposed time of delivery and went down to get the regular mail as soon as it was dropped in the door (we have mail slot). No package outside (and I checked well, since I was expecting it). I checked the tracking again and it hadn't updated past "Left Sorting Facility" so I figured maybe it was coming Tuesday. On Tuesday, regular mail showed up again but still no package. I checked the tracking again, which now said it had been delivered on Monday after all (which obviously wasn't the case).

I called the front office for our apartment complex and asked if it had been left there and they said no. I called USPS' main line and after spending 20 minutes trying to get out of their voice recognition answering software nightmare, finally got someone on the line. I explained the situation and gave her the tracking information, and she opened up a case for me and said someone should get back to me by the end of the next business day.

Go figure, I heard zip by the end of the day yesterday. I called them back this morning, got hung up on by the first guy (not even because it was heated or anything - literally, I explained the situation and asked for an update and the guy said, "One second, ma'am." and hung up on me) and then on the second try, spoke with someone else who took the case number, said it was still "Active" and since no one called me back I would be best to call the local office. So I called that number, which is a direct line to voice mail. I left a message, and sent an email with all of the same information to the email they gave in the voice mail message (and let them know I'd be calling and emailing until I got a response).

While all of this has been going on, I've been trying to speak to the seller to find out about insurance and things like that. She has yet to respond to anything I've sent since I paid her. I'm debating disputing the payment because while the delivery is not her fault, the lack of response is driving me crazy and I'm not sure what else to do.

On the plus side, the other package showed up yesterday just fine and that seller has been fantastic. I'm just so angry about USPS' fail delivery and even more fail customer service after the fact. I mean, the delivery guy has one job - match the address on my door to the address on the envelope. And now I'm the one who's having to chase down all of these people at different numbers and I'm not the one who messed up.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!

Last edited by Keakie; March 22nd, 2013 at 01:38 PM.
March 21st, 2013, 09:06 AM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
Dang that really does stink. I sure hope they find it for you soon! I gues whats one good thing about being told we had to get a PO box where we live. I have to go to the post office to pick them up and the clerk there knows me by name so she would never deliver my package to somebody else.
March 21st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh that sucks! I hope USPS find the package for you...As for the lady who sold it to you give her another day or so and if she still does not get back I'd report or dispute...sorry its a sucky situation overall!

March 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good grief! That sounds like a nightmare - and I hate those automated systems too:/ I hope they find your package or at least reimburse you...

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 21st, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a package show up late cuz the box got damaged. Luckily it was just clothes my grandmother had sent so there was nothing breakable in there but I had to make some phone calls to find out where it was. Turned out it got delayed cuz they had to wrap it in a bunch of tape so it wouldn't fall apart!!! I will say the my grandma stuffed the box pretty full.
Perhaps the lady who sold it to you wrote something down wrong and it wasn't sent to teh right address...or the name didn't match. I'd double check her receipt to see what she had down.
March 21st, 2013, 10:47 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I called USPS' main line and after spending 20 minutes trying to get out of their voice recognition answering software nightmare, finally got someone on the line.
This is actually all it takes to make me want to rip my hair out these days, and you've dealt with so much more. How aggravating!! I hope they find your package soon, and yes, if the seller doesn't respond in a day or so, please dispute the payment, then make sure you leave negative feedback if you are able to.
March 21st, 2013, 01:33 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Oh that is so frustrating. I have had something similar happen a few times.

When I ordered my doppler the tracking said "delivered, left at door" It was NOT at my door.. and I was ticked. It was on a Saturday, so when I called, the lady told me I had to wait until TUESDAY to hear something. Seriously? Your website was wrong!

10 minutes later it showed up. I even asked the guy why they marked it as delivered? He acted all confused. Whatever.

I would definitely give negative feedback on her lack of response. And if she STILL doesn't reply try and get your money back. I am irritated for you!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
March 21st, 2013, 01:41 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's one thing I hate about ordering stuff in the mail, the delivery!
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 son with Autism and 1 daughter with Down Syndrome child she was also born with Pulmonary Hypertension, Oxygen dependence, complete AVSD, Hirschsprungs, GJ tube dependant and many more health issues
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM
This whole thing has been such a circus. I checked with the complex's front office again and they still swear they don't have any mail for us.

I disputed the payment on PayPal, at least temporarily, and that finally got the seller's attention. She rudely told me that it's my responsibility to ask for insurance on a delivery and since I did not and did not pay her for it, insurance wasn't her problem. All I had asked her was, "Was there any kind of insurance placed on the package when you shipped it?" No accusations, no "WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT ANYTHING ON IT?!", no rudeness - just a "Hey, this still hasn't shown up and I haven't gotten a straight answer from USPS yet. I would really appreciate a response." and the question about insurance (verbatim). She said the email belonged to her husband (and included a snarky "hence the male name" - the name on the account is a unisex name, it wasn't something like "Matthew" or "Joseph") and that's why she hadn't been answering me.

She also accused me of lying about not receiving the package and later more or less said that she's still entitled to payment even if it didn't actually arrive. I tried to end the conversation by saying, "I'll keep you updated about further contact with USPS regarding the package." She snapped back at me again and told me to cease emailing as it's been escalated on PayPal, and she would consider any more emails "harassment". Whatever. I didn't reply.

I communicated with her by email in the first place because, for those who don't know, you need to have 6 posts on DS.com to be able to use their PM system. Their post counter doesn't work like you'd expect - you need to post on 6 different threads as multiple posts on the same one don't add to the count - and since I hadn't seen 6 items I'd wanted to buy yet I didn't have enough. I didn't want to boost the numbers with generic, "Cool!" posts on chat threads posted by people I didn't know and who have no idea who I am, and the seller had made her email available and never asked not to be contacted that way so I figured that was fine. I also told her in the thread that I couldn't PM, and in the first email I sent her.

I get an email this afternoon from a moderator on DS asking about the transaction. I guess the seller complained to her. She said that the tracking said it was delivered and so I should "call the post office" or see if it had been left with a neighbor - because I HADN'T done any of that already. I guess the seller didn't mention that to the moderator in her complaint, though. She also said that it had "come to her attention" that I "have been harassing the seller via email" and that she sincerely hopes that I'm not trying to "scam" her and get my money back while holding the product in my hand because I "you will be banned instantly" if that's the case.

I calmly explained the entire situation, included that I had an open case and case number with USPS' consumer affairs department. I also explained why I had emailed the seller in the first place, added that she had never asked me not to email her previously and when she asked today that I stopped immediately. I offered to send her a screenshot of my email inbox and the thread in question if she wanted to see it. I said that whatever moderator actions she chooses to take is entirely up to her, but that I am not trying to scam anybody and would really rather have the items I purchased in the first place than deal with all of this craziness. I mentioned that I had made another purchase from a different seller within the same week that had arrived just fine, and the seller of which I had already emailed to thank (and the second purchase cost more than the one that hasn't shown up). The moderator has been on and active since I sent it, but hasn't bothered to reply to me again.

So now I'm having to prove that I'm not a criminal to this random moderator on DS (where I never planned to be a super active member but I had hoped to be able to use it as a resource to purchase CDing items as well as things like baby carriers), I still don't have the items or a call back from USPS and PayPal hasn't made a decision yet regarding the payment. I have no problem paying her for the items - but as it stands her behavior has been shady and I would really like some confirmation somewhere that she even sent them in the first place. For all I know, she mailed an empty envelope somewhere and had tracking placed on it. She's been unresponsive, and then combative and after that she's started blatantly leaving crucial parts out of the situation trying to get me banned from the website.

Please tell me why the hell I would make all of this crap up over less than $20.00?

March 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Super Mommy
OMG! What a giant pain in the ***! I would have lost my mind if I were you!
March 22nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Totally frustrating situation. You really don't need this right now!! My God my blood pressure and stress level are shooting up just reading all this. It's crazy that USPS is being unresponsive too. I really hope you get this package and are able to put this whole thing behind you!

March 22nd, 2013, 01:38 PM
I do have a good update, actually!

USPS rang our doorbell not long ago and hand delivered the package to us. They claimed it was at the front office (which I'm not sure if I believe - I called them twice on two different days and asked two different people and was told there was nothing with our names or addresses on it both times, so by "at the front office" I'm wondering if they really meant "rolling around in the back of the truck"). I never did get a response to the email or the call I made yesterday to USPS' local office. Regardless, it's here now.

I closed the dispute on PP and selected, "I have received the items". I didn't email or otherwise reach out to the seller directly (I wouldn't want to harass anybody ) but she'll get the notification from PP that it's been resolved. I still have yet to get a reply from that moderator at DS.

I'm glad that it's over. Like I said, I'm more than happy to pay what I owe - she just responded to a simple, "Hey, this hasn't shown up yet and I'm trying to figure out what's up with USPS. Was there any insurance on the package?" with silence, then by accusing me of lying, harassing her and trying to have me kicked off of the website. It felt like a really over the top response from someone who was being legitimate. I guess she just has hair trigger.

March 22nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad htey finally got it to you. That really was rude of her to act that way to you. I know I wouldn't be buying anything from her again.
March 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
LauraS214's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad it showed up!! Sorry she was so rude. It's good you don't have to deal with her again.

Chase 05.07.2007

Gavin 05.05.2011

Lucy 09.16.2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search