Had my Drs appointment yesterday, there's a SCH.

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 03:09 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I had my first official appointment yesterday, & as he said he would, my Dr did an in-house scan. Almost as soon as he started the scan he asked whether or not I had had any bleeding, (I had, & I'd already seen him about it 3 weeks earlier.) He then said that there was a Subchorionic hemorrhage (Hematoma.)
He didn't give me a lot of information about what it was or what that would/could mean, so I've had to do my own research.
Baby was measuring 7 weeks, 2 days. So 6 days behind my period dates, & a week behind what the Dr had down initially. No major drama, as I thought it might be out by a couple of days. A week isn't quite possible. That said he isn't going to change my dates yet, because the in-house machine isn't always exact, & they will re-check them when I have my 12 week scan.
I gave me a script for Maxolon, & if that doesn't help, then I can be scripted something stronger.
So all in all a bit of an up & down appointment.

DD18, DD16, DD15, DS13, DN12, DS7, DD4, DD2

Expecting a surprise bebe - November 3rd
March 21st, 2013, 03:15 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know much about SCH, but the people I have known who had one they all went away on their own and baby was born healthy. I'll be praying that's the case for you

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

March 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Rest! Where is the location of it? Next to the sac, placenta? I had a SCH in a past pregnancy. This time I have a pool of blood but its not near the baby so they don't seem alarmed.
March 21st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly I don't know? I have a pic of bubs, but I don't know where it is in relation to where baby/the placenta is. And he didn't say.

DD18, DD16, DD15, DS13, DN12, DS7, DD4, DD2

Expecting a surprise bebe - November 3rd
March 21st, 2013, 03:49 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope it goes away soon! Try not to worry too much, if you're dr. didn't seems worried.

March 21st, 2013, 03:53 PM
Julie
Must be frustrating that he didn't give you much info, but I think he would have if it was serious, so Isuppose it's a double-edged sword.

March 21st, 2013, 04:51 PM
Miss Bliss's Avatar Veteran
I had one last time and honestly forgot about it until someone mentned them this time around. Mine didn't affect anything Except that I had a little spotting at one point.
March 21st, 2013, 08:31 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Mama to 5 girls and 1 boy
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
((Hugs)) rest as much as you can!!!!!

I had a bad one with my third I bled heavy on and off from 7wks until 17wks and she is a happy 5yr old!!!!
Karrara 11 01/11/05, Kaiah 9 1/2 07/01/06, Kayda 8 01/12/08
Katara 4 02/10/12, Korra 2 1/2 10/10/13, Kannon 14mo 02/21/15
March 22nd, 2013, 04:50 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you can rest also!!
March 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a small SCH and it went away on its own. From the research I did, small or medium sized SCH don't really present any risk to the baby. It's only the large ones that can be riskier, and only if they're close to the placenta. My dad is a radiologist and I talked to him about SCH, and he said that if you look hard enough, you can find one in almost EVERY pregnancy. In fact, the doctors are instructed NOT to say anything about it unless it's large or unless there's been bleeding, because otherwise it just worries the moms. SO I guess it's even more common than reported. Good luck!

August 2012 December 2012
March 25th, 2013, 09:32 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I had one with my last pregnancy. They kept a close eye on it with U/S I don't recall really having any bleeding or spotting though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search