Do you love it, hate it or feel indifferent?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was reading a thread in the April DDC about women being over it, or not being over it and wanting to stay pregnant for a while longer and it made me all nostalgic, thinking back to my pregnancies before and how much I LOVED being pregnant, up until I hit full-term and then I was just SO ready to be done. Of course, as soon as they were out, I regretted rushing it and just wanted them back in my body.

So this time, I am really determined to just enjoy all of it. This may or may not be our last but I want to treat it as though it is. It took me a while to adjust to the idea of another baby but I have finally gotten to a point where I am really just loving having this experience. I really hope that I can keep this mindset through the end of my pregnancy and just savor every last moment. I wouldn't even mind if I go all the way to my due date this time, as I never have before and would like that experience.

I just get really curious as to where others stand on pregnancy. Is it something you enjoy and savor, something you hate or something you just get through to get the end result?

March 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go back and forth, only ever wanting to get it over with after days and days of puking, or after dealing with one of my 3 day headaches. If I could ever get to a point of feeling semi-human again, I would savor every last minute.

Until the last month...

Even though I'm really tall, I'm all legs with a short torso, so in the last month or so, I am going to be hating life because I can't breathe. I will literally be having to sleep sitting up. :/
March 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
It's the worst **** ever. I LOVE being a mom. That part rocks. But being pregnant can suck a dick.

Except the kicking, which I like.

And labor and delivery.

I need to stop being such a negative nancy about it though. I just feel like crap ALL the time. But there HAS to be more than 2 things I like about it.
amyhk likes this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

March 22nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a big fan of pregnancy, but I try to savor the parts I love. Like movement and the amazing changes my body is capable of and hearing the heartbeat and ultrasound. I have a love/hate relationship with the anticipation of labor at the end. It's SO exciting to know that it could happen any day, but I am ALWAYS really "late" so it gets kind of exhausting.

ETA: I LOVE giving birth. It's the most amazing thing to feel my body do this amazing hard work with any guidance from me. Labor hurts like a mofo, but I still love the crap out of it!

March 22nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Umm I am in the middle too....I hate this part of pregnancy. I don't mind being huge and waddling but feeling tired and like poo gets old fast. I will say I am enjoying it more this time around then last time for sure!

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
March 22nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I think my husband and I both love me being pregnant. I have a few inconveniences nothing compared to most. There are moments I hate, like the dread of wondering if baby is alright. I am extremely comfortable for most my pregnancies. I know when I will deliver already. My husband coddles me. I am planning on being on bed rest but even that has been mild in the past. I haven't had medical issues, other than high blood pressure which is easily treated and monitored. My labors and deliveries have fast and easy.

The only bad thing is that I have had four losses.

Last edited by Happy Song; March 22nd, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
March 22nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
I'm pretty indifferent. I could care less about certain things. Sure the movement is cool, but eh whatever. Lol I'm just blah about it all though.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

March 22nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I will say I love it. Yes I have complained but never wished to be done with it.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 son with Autism and 1 daughter with Down Syndrome child she was also born with Pulmonary Hypertension, Oxygen dependence, complete AVSD, Hirschsprungs, GJ tube dependant and many more health issues
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 22nd, 2013, 05:56 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Well since this is our first I have no idea! But I am going to enjoy all of it I can. I am so thankful every day I get to experience this.

I have had 3 losses... all around or before 6 weeks. So I am so happy to be this far and pray every day I make it to the end.

Ask me again towards the end.. I may have a different answer
MandersM and littlecatlady like this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
March 22nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I have loved it til the end.

The only part I hate about it is my body not cooperating and my babies baking until 42+ weeks. I just wish I could be one of those women who go into labor on their own and not have worries of c-sections looming over my head. So thankful to have two healthy babies though regardless of how they came.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 22nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't enjoy the MS, but after that part goes I am pretty happy about it. I try to savor and enjoy the fact that I am growing a human being inside of me. I mean, isn't that awesome? Every day we are building another aspect of a new human that is going to be born and grow up and have an effect on others. It is so mind blowing. If you stop and think about how complicated the human body is and how all of that is right now being formed inside of us...its pretty amazing and I feel pretty honored to be a part of it.
iCathy and littlecatlady like this.
March 22nd, 2013, 06:49 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate parts of it ...in the last trimester my ribs & hips usually hurt all night when I am laying down. That is really exhausting because I can't get comfortable and can't sleep. I also really hate morning sickness. Also not a big fan of sticking my finger 4 times a day b/c of gestational diabetes, but I'm sure I'll get used to that. I'd rather do that than have the rib pain at night.

Other than that, the big belly I don't mind so much and it's kinda nice to not worry about sucking in my gut. LOL However, I also don't like gaining fat chub.

But I deal pretty well with being pregnant and I love feeling the baby move. I think it's really neat and I am always a little sad that the baby will never be in my belly again after birth. LOL It's a time you never get back and I always think that it could be my last time being pregnant, for all I know, so I try to be grateful in that sense as well. Also love the excitment and anticipation of having a new baby! I love thinking about being in the hospital because I associate it with the excitement of a new baby. lol The sterile sheets, the goofy gowns... love em because it means I have a new precious baby to look at, hold, nurse, and inspect. And laying in bed while watching tv for hours, and ordering ever meal over the phone? What's not to love? This will get me through sleepless nights of rib pain. LOL

[/url]

Last edited by TaraJo29; March 22nd, 2013 at 06:53 PM.
March 22nd, 2013, 06:51 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pregnancy has some nice perks, like not worrying about your stomach sticking out and people being extra nice to you. But for the most part, I'm not a fan. I don't like worrying about every little thing. I don't like being nauseous and light-headed and uncomfortable. I don't like certain foods and medications being off limits. I don't like feeling limited physically.

I love little babies but yeah, not a fan of the whole pregnant thing. I won't be too upset that this is my last.

March 22nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
LauraS214's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like it until I get really big and uncomfortable. I'm just ready to be done by 7-8 months. I'm still not feeling well and already in pain this time around but still trying to enjoy it since it's our last.

Chase 05.07.2007

Gavin 05.05.2011

Lucy 09.16.2013
March 22nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I enjoy it now because this is my first healthy pregnancy, and I've never made it this far so I am excited for what is to come, but I feel like I'm already busting out of my skin so I can't imagine how I'll feel at 8-9 months, I'll probably be super over it and ready for him/her to be here!

March 22nd, 2013, 10:30 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it mostly, but sometimes I feel like it's hard with two kids, especially with Rylan being so young.

March 23rd, 2013, 12:04 AM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I love being pregnant, but I think that partly has to do with trying for three years. I am very nervous and cannot wait to hold my breathing healthy baby in my arms.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
March 23rd, 2013, 06:51 AM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still waiting to feel pregnant so I'll have to get back to you!

Although, i have to say I'm already loving the extra affection from DH
Keakie likes this.
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 23rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandersM View Post
I'm still waiting to feel pregnant so I'll have to get back to you!

Although, i have to say I'm already loving the extra affection from DH

I did have a pretty easy first trimester, so that probably helps. I'm enjoying the second trimester so far. I'll let you know how I'm feeling in a few more months.

I do think part of my enjoyment comes from the fact that we've been waiting to be here for ages. We only had to TTC for 4 cycles, but we've been waiting and talking about it on and off since, like, 2010. Sometimes I can't believe we're really here now.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
March 23rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Super Mommy
I love being pregnant but hate the first trimester. I have had 5 loses and I have the worst morning sickness. So ready to be huge lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search