Warning TMI.....SEX?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By jadeunicorn
  • 3 Post By SpankyMagoo
  • 1 Post By GladToBeAMomma
  • 1 Post By suziequep

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 09:28 AM
ericalynnxoxo's Avatar Regular
How does everyone feel about sex during early pregnancy. The last time DH and I had sex was Feb
28th when we conceived. I'm just so uncomfortable most of the time. Between the slight nausea, fatigue, cramping and sore boobs. I just don't feel very much liking having sex. I also read somewhere that sex in early pregnancy can cause cramping to worsen. I'm just scared to have sex and know that it may hurt worse than it already does.
March 29th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had sex since conceiving either. I feel like crud with m/s and abdominal cramps, and I think I still have a yeast infection.

My last preganancy, we didn't have sex at all because either I was sick or he was sick. We'll see how the rest of this pregnancy goes, but if I feel like crud, I'm not even going to consider sex, and my hubbie understands this - lol.
ericalynnxoxo likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I would if I felt better. But the pregnancy is making my allergies 100x worse and I am a sneezy boogery mess.

Sex in early pregnancy CAN cause cramping but I think it is a lot more likely in the third trimester. (Sex used to cause me to have awful cramping in the third trimester) It can also cause spotting but only because the skin on the cervix is very sensitive right now. So if your partner is well endowed and hits your cervix, it can cause a little bleeding. But its absolutely nothing to worry about.

I know others have mentioned being worried that the penis would hit the baby. But unless your partner has a magic penis that can get into a closed cervix and into your uterus.... (longest wang EVER!), thats not gonna happen
ericalynnxoxo, Nicole B and Txmom4 like this.

March 29th, 2013, 09:40 AM
We haven't even talked about it. DH seems to understand that I just don't feel like it right now and that means so much to me. Glad to hear I'm not the only one
March 29th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Orgasms can cause cramping but I read this can be a good thing as it strengthens your muscles for labor down the road (just something I read, not what my doctor said).

I've been having sex while I don't feel icky because my sex drive has really been increased with this pregnancy. O.o With my first that didn't happen until 2nd trimester.

Working on baking baby #3!
March 29th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
still have sex here...during my first pregnancy we didn't have much but with each pregnancy we realize nothing is going to happen (until the end) so why not still have fun...My husband has needs and even if I'm not completely in the mood I can satisfy him...
March 29th, 2013, 10:11 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly I think sex has been more enjoyable for me since getting pregnant. I've actually noticed an increase in my sex drive since getting pregnant
March 29th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love pregnant sex. Filthy!
ericalynnxoxo likes this.

10 weeks

March 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Super Mommy
I have, I actually feel better and cramp less afterward.

March 29th, 2013, 11:27 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont have sex in the first trimester, due to bleeding. I have had diagnosed SCH in each of my last 2 baby's and this pregnancy. So sex is off the table until 20wks. I do however have an unbelievably huge sex drive while pg, so it sucks for now, but by 20wks, Im ready for every day sex again, lol.
momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 29th, 2013, 12:43 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I am just not even in the mood for it because I'm so tired and nauseous. Poor DH, he always wants to go and I'm like "get the peep away from me! I'm going to throw up!" Kind of a mood killer. I'm hoping it's better in the 2nd trimester.
mcmarlena likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm finding it much more enjoyable. He's just so much sexier to me and he looks at me the same way. It has been even more intensely satisfying and I didn't think that possible. I'm very thankful to avoid the ickiness of which you speak. I can't imagine I would want to be touched much if I had to wrestle with morning/all-day sickness. But then again I just went through an icky I can't breathe cold and that didn't stop us. Not that the two can be compared. I had a month of all-day sickness with my last child and I haven't forgotten how that felt.

Introducing the Minis

March 29th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Veteran
Since we did IVF, my doctor advised no sex until strong heartbeats were detected (apparently it can cause cramping that can interfere with better implantation), but I think it was a more overly cautious than highly likely thing.

I think we're in the clear to have sex now, but I've felt so crappy I haven't wanted to. Maybe this weekend....
March 29th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Veteran
Since we did IVF, my doctor advised no sex until strong heartbeats were detected (apparently it can cause cramping that can interfere with better implantation), but I think it was a more overly cautious than highly likely thing.

I think we're in the clear to have sex now, but I've felt so crappy I haven't wanted to. Maybe this weekend....
March 29th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't except for over a week ago. Between me being exhausted, us arguing about the house thing, I just haven't even wanted to. I usually get really realllly high sex drive prego, I think the big O is somehow better lol

March 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'm too tired for sex. And just not in the mood. We went through a dry spell during the first trimester last time too... then again in third when I was huge and it was awkward, until we found a good position

March 29th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Baby number 5 & 6 both started out as Placenta Previa, so I was on pelvic rest with those. Now baby number 7 I have a SCH so it's out the window again.

DD18, DD16, DD15, DS13, DN12, DS7, DD4, DD2

Expecting a surprise bebe - November 3rd
March 30th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Thanks for all the feedback ladies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search