Show me your crib!

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 02:58 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I don't know why but I'm having the hardest time ever deciding on a crib. I think I really like the ones with a solid panel back, but most of them are so expensive and the one that's pretty affordable on Amazon is not getting the best reviews.

Would you all mind showing me the cribs you've picked out or already have? I really need some help deciding! Go figure that this is the thing that keeps me hung up for weeks.

April 1st, 2013, 03:12 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
We're picking up ours this week. But I don't really have a pic, it's a used one from a friend...
Husher likes this.
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
April 1st, 2013, 03:18 PM
DeletedUser12345's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought this one a while back. It was my first big purchase. I got it with the reversible mattress so one side is infant and one side is toddler. It does not require extra parts to put it to toddler size and it is just a headboard so no rails needed if you want to convert to a full size bed. I love black furniture and it matches with my bed set, too. I wanted a $300 one but decided Id rather pay half that. This also has good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought with the Graco Sarah changing table and I put that together already.. It looks soo nice!
Husher likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
We're picking up ours this week. But I don't really have a pic, it's a used one from a friend...
The one we used with our oldest boys was a used one from our neighbors. It was white and we didn't really think about it at all. It was free, you know? But we gave it away when we thought we weren't going to have more, so now we need to buy one and for some reason it's really hard to pick one. Can you take a pic and show me the one you're getting? I'd still love to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamarie247 View Post
I bought this one a while back. It was my first big purchase. I got it with the reversible mattress so one side is infant and one side is toddler. It does not require extra parts to put it to toddler size and it is just a headboard so no rails needed if you want to convert to a full size bed. I love black furniture and it matches with my bed set, too. I wanted a $300 one but decided Id rather pay half that. This also has good reviews.

Amazon.com: Graco Stanton Convertible Crib, Black: Baby

I also bought with the Graco Sarah changing table and I put that together already.. It looks soo nice!
I really like that one, Melissa! I agree about the money. We were hoping to spend no more than somewhere around $200. Little Elliot is going to love his crib. Thank you for sharing!
DeletedUser12345 likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amazon.com: Stork Craft Valentia Fixed Side Convertible Crib, Cherry: Baby

This is similar to the one I have.
Husher likes this.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 1st, 2013, 03:56 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is the one we're getting -
Husher and Jessmom like this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM
Super Mommy
This is similar to the one we got: Athena Nadia 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail http://amzn.com/B005H1O92M
Ours is in chocolate, but the crib is almost identical. Good luck!
Husher likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM
Joy, I love the solid sides! Do you have any complaints about it?

April 1st, 2013, 04:13 PM
Wildflower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is Alice's crib Also DS hanging on to it. LOL

Husher, Tinky and Jessmom like this.

April 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
This is the one we're getting -
I was looking at a few that had the changing table attached. Does that come off when you are ready to to transition to a toddler bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader View Post
This is similar to the one we got: Athena Nadia 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail Amazon.com: Athena Nadia 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail, Cherry: Baby
That's a really pretty one, too! I think that's one I've been considering actually. Looks like the people who have bought it really love it. Have you already put it together?

April 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicag View Post
This is Alice's crib Also DS hanging on to it. LOL

Oohhh! SO pretty! Where did you get it? I love the canopy!

April 1st, 2013, 05:57 PM
Veteran
http://http://www.bonavita.com/products/cribs/lifestyle/peyton-lifestyle-crib.html#null

We have this crib. It's lovely and I still really like it. My only complaint would be that they rail on the front is so thick that many crib accessories don't work well with it (bumpers on the highest setting).. Or because of the sloped sides (ie. mobiles). I think I only cared about that while my first was young - now we go bumper-less and got rid of the mobile.

http://www.amazon.com/DaVinci-Emily-.../dp/B000FT7NXS

We also had this crib while both my boys were in cribs. We've had it in the basement for a year now, but just moved it over to my parents house for the new baby to use when we come to visit (since we're moving out of town, but anticipate some extended visits). It's quite a bit cheaper than the Bonavita, but I have no complaints about it.
Husher likes this.

Last edited by Babsbabies; April 1st, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
April 1st, 2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabies View Post
http://http://www.bonavita.com/products/cribs/lifestyle/peyton-lifestyle-crib.html#null

We have this crib. It's lovely and I still really like it. My only complaint would be that they rail on the front is so thick that many crib accessories don't work well with it (bumpers on the highest setting).. Or because of the sloped sides (ie. mobiles). I think I only cared about that while my first was young - now we go bumper-less and got rid of the mobile.

http://www.amazon.com/DaVinci-Emily-.../dp/B000FT7NXS

We also had this crib while both my boys were in cribs. We've had it in the basement for a year now, but just moved it over to my parents house for the new baby to use when we come to visit (since we're moving out of town, but anticipate some extended visits). It's quite a bit cheaper than the Bonavita, but I have no complaints about it.
Both of these are really nice! Thank you for the links. I'm bookmarking them.

April 1st, 2013, 06:35 PM
Super Mommy
[QUOTE/]That's a really pretty one, too! I think that's one I've been considering actually. Looks like the people who have bought it really love it. Have you already put it together?[/QUOTE]

I have! It's very solidly built, and really pretty. It's a little bit lower to the ground than the crib we had for DS (the legs are shorter; the height of the sides up from the mattress is the normal safe height).
I like it for now. I'll let you know if I have complaints once the babies come.
(I'm trying to upload a picture of my nursery so you can see the height difference in cribs. It's only about 4 inches. Sorry if the photo doesn't work. Lol)
April 1st, 2013, 09:04 PM
Wildflower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
Oohhh! SO pretty! Where did you get it? I love the canopy!
Babies R Us! Its from the Disney Enchanted Princess set (or something like that) LOL

April 1st, 2013, 10:25 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
We got this one: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is all set up and I LOVE it. I was worried it would be too showy, but it isn't. The curves are subtle and it looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader View Post
This is similar to the one we got: Athena Nadia 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail http://amzn.com/B005H1O92M
I love this!!!

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 2nd, 2013, 05:37 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
We're moving before he comes so we're waiting to buy a crib, I think. I know that I want something natural colored this time though. Our current crib is white and I like it but it doesn't work with the theme, in my head.

April 2nd, 2013, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are getting this one:

April 2nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the Jenny Lind crib. We got it used for Haeden and my MIL had it at her house and just gave it back. It's probably not the style you're looking for, but I love it. I think it has a vintagey look to it and it's right up my alley. I really do like some of the other cribs the girls have though, I just don't want to spend the money. lol

April 2nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
We have the crib that converts to toddler, then either a full or twin (cant remember) with attached changing table with drawers in the front and shelves off to the side. A con to the attached changer is that it isn't very big. If I had the room etc I would probably go with something different. I use the couch and floor etc anyways, but for those times I need or want the actual table, after the first few months it is no good. Baby kicks himself up and bonks his head, or gets a flailing foot trapped under the 'safety' bar.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search