Spent the day at L&D...

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 2 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By AngieLMG
  • 2 Post By kimberley
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By plastikmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
But came home without having baby! I was sent to the hospital from my weekly appointment because my BP was 170/100. Yikes!! The OB that sent me over told me to be prepared for an induction. DH left work and off we went. I was nervous but had DS hat 37 weeks so I felt ok with him being a little early but would rather go into labor on my own. So the OB on call at the hospital is the most conservative one in the group and she came in to talk with me. Baby looked perfect on the monitor. My cervix is closed and I am barely effaced. She did blood work and checked my urine. All came back ok. I laid in bed for hours and my BP came down to 111/72. So she told me it was up to me: I could be induced and not risk my BP spiking again or I could go home on very strict bed rest and monitor my pressure twice a day. I chose to wait it out. Girls, I hope I made the right decision. I really want to have this baby because he doesn't move much and it stresses me out, but at the same time I just feel like my body is not ready yet. So I am home and am only allowed up to the bathroom. I think the doctor sensed that I might be noncompliant, so she really scared me with a few stories of moms with bad outcomes because they didn't behave on bed rest. So the scare tactic worked and I am not budging off this couch until Tuesday when I go for a follow up. If my BP spikes again we will do the induction. I have been telling them my BP is high for weeks...I guess now they are finally taking me seriously.
April 5th, 2013, 10:27 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yikes, take it easy mama! That's some scary numbers but I'm glad they came down with rest. Thinking of you and hoping there are no more spikes, keep us posted.
plastikmom likes this.
April 5th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Scary! Yes, please take it easy. Keep us posted. I hope that BP stays low and baby stays put awhile longer
plastikmom likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 11:28 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should have been on bedrest or something AGES ago and I'm so annoyed that it took your pressure being THIS high for them to act with you. Get some rest and call in to the doctors right away if your pressure gets high again or you have changes in your vision, seeing spots before your eyes or you have chest pain towards the upper middle or right side . Hopefully your pressure will stay down and you can just chill in bed for the next few weeks. *HUG*
plastikmom and HalfDozen like this.
April 5th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Veteran
Oh my goodness. Good for you for listening to your body and doing what feels right- everything will be ok, i just know it. Hang in there!!
plastikmom likes this.

April 6th, 2013, 12:49 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you made the right decision. Stay parked on that couch, we'll keep you company.
Sneetch and plastikmom like this.
April 6th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry this happened DDB....Keep me posted! Looks like no work for you, which should have been the case a while ago! I am glad you are going to get off your feet. Catch up on some TV if you can! Take it easy, even if it is only for a few days! REST UP!!! THINKING OF YOU
plastikmom likes this.
April 6th, 2013, 05:26 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
FINALLY!!! I can't believe it took so long for these doctors to put you on bed rest. I can tell you it took a MUCH lower blood pressure reading than that last time, and it only happened at one appointment, for them to put me on bed rest. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I'm seeing an induction in the near future for you, unless you can convince him it's time to come out and play sooner!!

Seriously, take care of yourself!! When does Trent get back?
plastikmom likes this.

New picture in progress......
April 6th, 2013, 05:33 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely take it easy! Hope the BP stays under control and that you can avoid an induction!

April 6th, 2013, 07:11 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
When does Trent get back?
He got back last night! So baby can come anytime now. I'd just really like for him to come on his own. But if my BP stays high, I am not going to argue with an induction. My OB thinks I have what is called gestational hypertension vs pre-e. I had normal pressures prior to pregnancy and for the first few months, then they went nuts! She thinks by about 6 weeks after delivery they should go back to normal but warned me that I might need meds for those 6 weeks. I am fine with whatever, as long as I am healthy to take care of my kids. Thanks so much for the sweet thoughts everyone.
HalfDozen likes this.
April 6th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad they are taking it seriously and you'll have a chance to rest! I hope it does the trick.
April 6th, 2013, 09:26 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikmom View Post
He got back last night! So baby can come anytime now. I'd just really like for him to come on his own. But if my BP stays high, I am not going to argue with an induction. My OB thinks I have what is called gestational hypertension vs pre-e. I had normal pressures prior to pregnancy and for the first few months, then they went nuts! She thinks by about 6 weeks after delivery they should go back to normal but warned me that I might need meds for those 6 weeks. I am fine with whatever, as long as I am healthy to take care of my kids. Thanks so much for the sweet thoughts everyone.
Yep, same thing that happened to me last time. They assured me multiple times it was not pre-eclampsia. I think mine had to do with being in the heat since I had her mid-August. I am not a fan of hot weather anyhow, and I think that just pushed me over. Maybe it's similar living in the South and all. I hope baby comes on his own, too versus an induction. Better for everyone!!!

New picture in progress......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search