yeast infection!!!!?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 08:56 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
I think I have the start of one, I read that's common when you're pregnant from the shift in hormones. I'm so pissed. It is really uncomfortable. I've only had one once before and it was from going in the hot tub at the gym (i'm pretty sure). I'm taking tons of probiotics and using the homeopathic boiron gelly things that go up there at night. so fun. I refuse to use that over the counter chemical stuff, especially while pregnant.

before when I had it I treated it with a clove of garlic and it went away in 3 days.

any other natural remedies that are safe while pregnant? I'm hesitant to use tea tree oil because I know lavender is really the only safe oil while pregnant.

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 9th, 2013, 03:24 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had tons of them while pregnant before, they suck big time! I can't really help with the natural remedies though I just used the over the counter chemical stuff! lol Hope you find something that works!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 9th, 2013, 04:21 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have never had one while pregnant, but I know I had one when I tried to nurse my 2nd baby. My OB prescribed me a pill. I took one and was done. I am not sure about natural remedies though. good luck.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 9th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ive only had one and it was right after I got pg with my 3rd. It was so bad I had to use the over the counter stuff. Sorry this happened
April 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I had one once for maybe 2 hours total from taking antibiotics. Yogurt! I usually have yogurt every day so for pretty much my entire life I have been spared yeast infections(except for that day and those pills). You come across as what people down south lovingly refer to as a health nut, so you might try just getting some acidophilus since most yogurt has artificial sweeteners(you don't get real sugar here). It's the bacteria in yogurt that lives in our intestines and vagina. Maybe you just need an acidophilus boost.
jamieshalon2 likes this.
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save

Last edited by Spyctre; April 9th, 2013 at 07:50 AM.
April 9th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Leah
I'm with the others who went over the counter. The Dr said 7 day Monistat and it was instant relief. I've been on probiotics since because yogurt and I don't get along at all right now - they'd suggested I eat it 3 times a day and I can't even handle the smell. Good luck, I know it's miserable.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM
I just don't understand why I got it--- I've been on a sugar free diet for almost 4 months now and I take probiotics daily, eat kraut and drink kombucha, I feel like I get tons of probiotics!! so annoying. If this homeopathy doesn't work by tomorrow I'm going to break down and get the OTC stuff.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to work at a birthing center in college. I remember that some people are more prone to yeast infections while they are pregnant. The midwife always told people to sleep without underwear to prevent them. Lots of dry air and cirrculation I guess? People said it worked. I hope you are not one of those people though. They are the worst!

Expecting a baby girl Nov 4, 2015
Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mama!
April 9th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try eating a lot of garlic, I heard that helps too.
April 9th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I freaking HATE garlic. there is no way I'm eating it. I'll put it up my *****, but I'm not eating it!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I would get it checked because I thought I was getting one and the doctor said nope it was just extra discharge (tmi! haha) You don't want to start overly treating yourself for no reason!
April 9th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Oh, they have those tests! You do something to it, and it changes colors.
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
April 9th, 2013, 01:56 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really get them very often, but the few times I did I went over the counter. I usually use 3 days of the 7 day monistat and it is instant relief. I cannot hang with a YE.

Monistat is safe to take during pregnancy - i don't know the specifics, but I think it is an antifungal of some sort.

As for yogurt, I have never done it, but I have heard it helps as well.

As for garlic, it does not agree with my digestive track, so I would not consume it personally. I don't think I would use it vaginally either only because I would be worried about smelling like garlic for days, lol.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 9th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
Oh, they have those tests! You do something to it, and it changes colors.
I have ph test strips-- my ph is normal, so it's not a bacterial infection--- it's a yeast infection. You can get a whole roll of ph tape at the health food store for like $7, compared to whatever it is for the 2 pack of the home test kit you get at the drugstore.

Let me just clarify something about the yogurt- that is a MYTH. YES, probiotics are good for you- but eating yogurt does 2 things to your body- 1) it has dairy, which increases acidity and inflammation, 2) it usually has sugar, which feeds yeast. I don't eat dairy, so I'm not going to eat yogurt. There are MANY other cultured foods you can eat which contain probiotic bacteria-- kombucha, kefir water, kraut, etc.

things are feeling better but having this just makes me SO irritated with everything. It ******* sucks.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search