Anyone excited to bf?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 05:24 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was lurking in the May DDC and reading their bfing sharing and it makes me so excited to bf again! Yeah it's hard at first and it took 3 months for Sawyer and I to really get the hang of it...but it's so nice and convenient and just an awesome bonding time! I am so excited to experience it again.

One angel baby lost at 8 weeks in June 2016
April 16th, 2013, 05:30 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I am!! I'm still disappointed that Alaina weaned herself at 15 months, so I'm excited to do it all over. The first month completely sucks, but it's such a great bonding experience after that (and I get to read way more than usual )
QL1516 likes this.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

April 16th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I love breastfeeding. At first it almost put me over the edge but after a month or two we got the hang of it. I love the bonding, i love that for those first 6 months my baby is completely made of me. Nicole, I was also disappointed when Sawyer weaned himself after his first birthday. I hope this baby will want to breastfeed a bit longer.

I am also to use everything I learned with Sawyer. I remember sitting on the couch asking DH for water and feeling stuck everytime I was breastfeeding. At some point I learned that I could put Sawyer in the ring sling or Moby Wrap and breastfeed while moving around the house.

Expecting a baby girl Nov 4, 2015
Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mama!

Last edited by Laurenj915; April 16th, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
April 16th, 2013, 05:54 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait either! BF didn't work out with Alexis so I'm looking forward to really taking my time and enjoying it this time. I remember that first month being hard also, but I just love that newborn nursing is so precious

April 16th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm still nursing my 2 year old lol. So yes, I love it.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
April 16th, 2013, 06:00 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This will be my 4th BF baby. I nursed my last one until 24mos and plan to do it just as long for this one.

April 16th, 2013, 06:13 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
Yes! I love breastfeeding. At first it almost put me over the edge but after a month or two we got the hang of it. I love the bonding, i love that for those first 6 months my baby is completely made of me. Nicole, I was also disappointed when Sawyer weaned himself after his first birthday. I hope this baby will want to breastfeed a bit longer.

I am also to use everything I learned with Sawyer. I remember sitting on the couch asking DH for water and feeling stuck everytime I was breastfeeding. At some point I learned that I could put Sawyer in the ring sling or Moby Wrap and breastfeed while moving around the house.
Just for future reference since I didn't know this until baby #3, but most babies will go through a nursing strike period and moms think the babies are weaning themselves. Baby #2 did this at 14mos and I thought he was done, so I stopped nursing. The same thing happened with #3, but I read about it and just kept offering it, pumping as needed, etc and after 3 days, he went right back to nursing the way he was. It was strange, but he wasn't self-weaning. I nursed him for another 10mos after that! Here's more info to help understand it better.....

http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/toddlernursing/

http://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/nbnovdec92p173.html

April 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm excited to experience this! I completely failed last time for many reasons, but this time I'm determined to do everything I can to stick it out. I want that wonderful bonding experience that so many of you have had.
sweety_pie likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post
I'm excited to experience this! I completely failed last time for many reasons, but this time I'm determined to do everything I can to stick it out. I want that wonderful bonding experience that so many of you have had.
I love your determination! You will be sucessful!

April 16th, 2013, 07:34 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I can't wait to try it!
April 16th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am also still breastfeeding my youngest. I love it, but I wish I had a bit of time in between. It's wonderful and all, but demanding as well. I've been lactating for five years now and was kind of hoping for a break! LOL No, I love it though, it is very different nursing a newborn than a toddler.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 16th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am. I just hope I can manage to go longer than 8/9 months.

April 16th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Leah
Being new to it, I'm nervous about a lot of it, from both our health to where the heck ill find bras, but I'm going to try. Now that I'm feeling less sick, I'm starting to get excited about all the little things too.

Quote:
... (and I get to read way more than usual.
This gives me hope! I've been worried about not feeling up to reading or having time and its a nice stress reliever or me, so yay!

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 16th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Veteran
I can't wait, I loved nursing my daughter and look forward to doing it again.
April 17th, 2013, 03:27 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post
This is how I feel!!! Really hope I get to experience it this time!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 17th, 2013, 03:52 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait to nurse again. I got sick when Add was 2 months old and due to the medicine I was on I couldn't bf for a couple weeks. By the time I could she wouldn't latch and it broke my heart. Looking back now, I wish I would have relactated when she showed interest a couple months later but I was young and didn't know I could. I hope I get to bf this one a lot longer.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 17th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely! DD weaned at 20 months, so I've had a nice break and will be ready to go again.
April 17th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post

I'm going to have to figure out nursing in a carrier. With two older kids who need stuff and have sports and activities, I fear I won't be able to leisurely nurse on the couch like I have with the first two.
April 17th, 2013, 05:18 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I'm going to get some comments for this but...
I'm very excited to be bf'ing! I usually can only go 2 months with bf'ing then I usually need to go back to my medication because my hormones shift drastically. The medications I'm on go through breast milk and baby doesn't need that. I'm hoping to stick it out a lot longer this time, but we'll see what happens. DH is trying to convince me he'll be taking care of baby too in the middle of the night and that it'd be better to bottle feed our baby and I just laugh at him. Yeah, okay, you didn't get up for our other children, why would this one be any different? Silly men...

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 17th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Butterflies View Post
Just for future reference since I didn't know this until baby #3, but most babies will go through a nursing strike period and moms think the babies are weaning themselves. Baby #2 did this at 14mos and I thought he was done, so I stopped nursing. The same thing happened with #3, but I read about it and just kept offering it, pumping as needed, etc and after 3 days, he went right back to nursing the way he was. It was strange, but he wasn't self-weaning. I nursed him for another 10mos after that! Here's more info to help understand it better.....

http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/toddlernursing/

http://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/nbnovdec92p173.html
Thanks Stacey!

Expecting a baby girl Nov 4, 2015
Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mama!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search