glucose test? when is yours

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 11:54 AM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
When is everyone having their glucose test?
How does your Dr do it?
How do you feel it will go?

April 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having mine in 3 weeks at my 28 weeks appointment. I have to drink the glucola an hr before my appt at home and only allowed toast for breakfast. They will draw my blood in the drs office. It's pretty easy and I expect to have zero problems. I've never came close to failing it before.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!

Last edited by Dandelion; April 17th, 2013 at 02:11 PM.
April 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I will most likely be having it done at my next ob appt. I will be 24 weeks.

My clinic/hospital does the one hour test and then the 3 if you fail the first.

I am hoping it goes well! I don't have any risk factors at all.

April 17th, 2013, 12:06 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When is everyone having their glucose test? My next appointment so I'll be 27 weeks 3 days
How does your Dr do it? I got to take home the drink yesterday. I am allowed to eat a light meal a few hours before the test. Instructions say to down the drink in 5 minutes an hour before the test. The I go to my regular appointment and they will draw blood right when I get to the office.
How do you feel it will go? I think it will be fine! I always get nervous though because the thought of the 3 hour one makes me want to vomit lol.

April 17th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
my docs haven't mentioned it yet. I did have GD with my daughter but it wasn't found until almost my 8th month so I'm hoping this time around (and with my good diet) that I won't run into that again.

April 17th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'll do mine at 28 weeks. We do the 1 hour test, then the 3 hour test if we fail the first one. I'm really hoping I don't fail the first one this time. I did with my last pregnancy, and it was nerve wracking worrying about failing the 3 hour one!

April 17th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mommy of 3
I'll have mine at my next appointment at 27 1/2 weeks. They'll give me the drink when I go in first then draw blood an hour later.
Hoping it goes ok. With my first I failed it, I got 131 and the cut off in the clinic is 128 so I had to do the 3 hour one and passed that no problem. With my daughter I was 81 so well under!
This Dr uses a cut off of 140 so if I'd been going to him for my first pregnancy I would have passed the first time and not had to do the 3 hr at all.

Good luck Mommas. I hope we all pass the first time!

April 17th, 2013, 12:47 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is on the 1st. I go in, drink the drink, have my regular OB appointment and then an hour after drinking the drink get my blood drawn.

Fun!

April 17th, 2013, 12:48 PM
DeletedUser12345's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im upset that mine wont be until the visit after this next one on the 25th.. so by the following visit I will be around 30weeks!!

They havent told me too much about it but that that is when they will do it even though I asked for it early as Im pretty sure it will be positive unfortunately

I have been eliminating most processed sugars from my diet- fruits and natural sources still are ok.. and I have been feeling much better. Just a little sugar has been knocking me out and I feel really bad after it.
April 17th, 2013, 01:33 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
When is everyone having their glucose test? Mine is scheduled for 4/29
How does your Dr do it? Drink the sugary drink, wait an hour, get results. If I fail, i would have to go back for the 3hr test.
How do you feel it will go? This is my first child, so I have no clue. But I have a feeling Im gonna fail, I don't know why. Maybe because I'm overweight and have not eaten right at all. (which I know doesnt determine it but it can't help it either)
April 17th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not scheduled yet but hopefully it's soon because I have some concerns.
My doctors office does a 2 hour test rather than the 1 and the 3... This is the first time ill be having the 2 hour so I'm not sure how it'll go. They said its a better indicator than the 1 hour though...

I failed my 1 hour with Chase but passed 3 hour one.

I'm worried ill fail this one

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just made my appt. today for May 17th. I am releived that I don't have to fast first. I don't remember if fasting is only for the 3 hr or not. I failed the last pregnancy and was diagnosed with GD. I am pretty sure I had undiagnosed GD with my pregnancy before that. I am hoping that I don't have it this time or that since I have been eating good, that might help. Either way, I am still going to watch my sugar/carb intake. If I do pass the test, then the dr. has no excuse to induce me early. I want to go naturally! No induction! She didn't tell me anything about the test except I will be in the office for an hour.

April 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I asked on Monday and I'll have it when I'm 28 weeks, so probably June?. I did fail the 1 hour with my daughter but passed the 3 hour one with flying colors. I don't think I'll have issues this time but who knows lol

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 17th, 2013, 04:55 PM
SmileyMom
I had mine early at 16 weeks , went in had my fruit punch drink, waited an hour, got my blood drawn and I passed , i was nervous idk why I didn't have I with my DD.

April 17th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Veteran
Mine is in just over two weeks. I'll be 26 weeks then. I drink the drink as soon as I get there, then they do a blood draw before I leave. I think I have fasted for them in the past, but they said not to this time. I'm always a little worried about failing, but never have in the past.
April 17th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Here we have it done around 28 weeks. I am still considering passing on it. It is the 1 hour and at the lab in the hospital. The OB clinic is also in the hospital but they don't schedule them together, generally. You have an appt. come in and drink the yuck in 5 minutes and have to sit in the lab waiting for the whole hour. If you leave, even just to walk around the halls, they will reschedule you to come back and redo it. They draw your blood, and the clinic either tells you 'passed' at your next regular check-up, or calls and says failed, and schedules you for the three hour. The three hour is much the same. Come, drink it in 5, and have blood drawnvery hour for three hours and then free to go and wait for results but if you leave the waiting area a reschedule. No diet restrictions or fasting before either test, which I find silly. How many people honestly don't kjnow to avoid specific foods? I have seen women coming in carrying a frappe!

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
April 17th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Veteran
Double post

Last edited by Mself145; April 17th, 2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Double post
April 17th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Veteran
I have mine at 25 weeks. So 2 weeks from now. I go to the office and get my orders for the drink and bloodwork, then i go for my normal appointment. And a quick us for gender check as baby didnt cooperate last appointment. Then i will go back and get my blood drawn at 1 hour. If its abnormal, then i do a 3 hour.

Im nervous. I have been using my asthma inhaler lately, twice a day most days. And there is a chance the inhaler can increase my blood sugar readings. I hope that everything comes back normal.
April 18th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i'm having mine may 1st @ 24 weeks

i'm know i'll pass i did before, they are giving me it b/c it's routine and i'm heavy as well, so she said a precaution, even though i passed the earlier one.

April 18th, 2013, 02:46 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to go for mine between 5/17 and 6/1. I already have the orders, so I just have to go to an independent testing location, and they will send the results to my doc. I've never had GD, so I don't expect to now.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search