Log In Sign Up

stretch & sweep - undecided!! HELP

Forum: 2013 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 53
Everything I read online leans more to the "it does not work" side. I am 40 weeks & 4 days as of today. On the one hand, I would like baby to come out NOW, but on the other hand, I don't want unnecessary cramping, and (yes, this will sound silly to some), but we don't want a birthdate of 4/20 (this saturday), so I'm worried that a sweep would put us for that date.

anyways... i dont know what to do!! any advice???
Reply With Quote
April 17th, 2013, 01:49 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,272
All it did for me last pregnancy was give me cramps, it didn't help with labor. That being said I'll have it done again once 41 weeks hits just as something else to try before a medical induction.

Reply With Quote
April 17th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,206
I will have it done at my last appointment before a medical induction. Until then I prefer to let things happen as they are ready. I know that some people have had great luck with them and other people not as much.
My Ovulation Chart
Reply With Quote
April 17th, 2013, 02:07 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,843
I've been waiting for my cervix to dialate enough for my midwife to do a sweep.

I would definitely do it. But to each their own.
Reply With Quote
April 18th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 4,213
I sounds like it is a 50/50 shot. My doctor did that to me yesterday and did't tell me until after she did it. So far nothing... I have had some cramping BH???

Forever missing my angel 2010

Reply With Quote
April 18th, 2013, 06:11 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: AR
Posts: 19,828
This is just my opinion, but I would skip it if it were me. Like others have said, I might try it as a last resort before an induction if there were a medical reason. Otherwise, I would just let nature take its course. Either way, good luck to you!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0