Lily Padz

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By noah and lola's mommy
  • 1 Post By zkat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 09:05 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just seen this product called lily pads. They are supposed to be a green solution to breast feeding pads. Has anyone heard of them or tried them before?
http://www.lilypadz.com/

April 19th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had read some reviews on them before and decided against spending the money. I think it was that they only last a couple of months, so you're spending the same amount on them as you would on disposable pads anyway...and technically, these are disposable too. I prefer cloth pads. I really like the shape of Bamboobies because they will contour to your breast and since I'm not a super heavy leaker, they work great. I ended up buying 2 pair, then making my own with hemp terry, organic bamboo velour, and PUL. I made enough to last a week, used them throughout my last baby, lent them to a friend, and just got them back and they're still in great shape.
April 19th, 2013, 10:42 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
^^ ditto Lisa. I used cloth with Everett and loved them. I actually need to get some more.

April 20th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I only used disposable pads the first couple weeks I never really leaked or anything I hope this time is the same.

April 20th, 2013, 04:49 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never heard of them. Where does the milk go if they are not absorbant? I don't get it? LOL

I have some cloth ones and I actually have a box from when I had dd still leftover that I have been saving! I want to get some more cotton ones.

April 20th, 2013, 06:00 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
I have never heard of them. Where does the milk go if they are not absorbant? I don't get it? LOL

I have some cloth ones and I actually have a box from when I had dd still leftover that I have been saving! I want to get some more cotton ones.
They are supposed to prevent you from leaking.

April 20th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They're supposed to prevent leaking, but if you read the reviews on Amazon, you'll see that they're hard to apply correctly and a lot of women end up getting infections from milk that's pooled up inside them, or they end up just leaking all over.
April 20th, 2013, 06:36 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
I had them and really liked them. They did a good job of keeping the milk from leaking. So you dno't have to feel wet. I am planning to use them again.
MamaSkunk likes this.

April 20th, 2013, 07:20 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE them for running! 3 hour run and leaky boobs create some major chaffing. I never chaffed ith the lily pads.
MamaSkunk likes this.
April 21st, 2013, 05:47 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
I LOVE them for running! 3 hour run and leaky boobs create some major chaffing. I never chaffed ith the lily pads.
Good to know! I used cloth pads last time and loved them. The disposable ones are so scratchy. I may try the lilypadz even if it's just for running

April 21st, 2013, 04:25 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I've used both the lily pads and washable pads. I liked the lily pads when I was going out to say dinner or date night. I used the washable pads more for when I was at home.

April 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
i forgot about running... they work great for that. they do a good job of preventing leaking. i used them when i was away from home. at home i used cloth ones.

April 21st, 2013, 07:35 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost bought them with DD, but I read something that said they could cause clogged ducts and/or infections. I didn't think it was worth the risk. I used cloth and they were great.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search