Another FB rant, ***

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By mamalamb
  • 1 Post By Fins
  • 2 Post By kearsty20
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 1 Post By yvee80
  • 2 Post By soccermamatomany
  • 1 Post By Bookreader

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 08:57 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK so I am pretty used to stupid and annoying and rude comments by now and usually just laugh them off, or try to. But yesterday I posted some belly pics and this chick I used to work with when I taught preschool comments "another one?...You have been a busy girl...hope this ones a boy!" Um, ***. Who says that???!!!!! And I know this girl and she did mean it to be snarky and rude. She would make snarky comments to me when I was pregnant with DD2 and we were working together.

First of all, um, yeah, it IS a boy, actually. And maybe I will have 15 more if I feel like it.

And WHY do people act like 3 kids is soooo crazy/extreme lol? And I love her implying that the only reason we had another child was to try for a boy. Way to discount my daughters. We have always wanted at least 3 kids, regardless of gender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to comment "Um, look, just because you are jealous because YOU are I think 34 with a loser boyfriend who won't commit to a marriage or kids is no reason to be a b%^$#." LOL!!!!!!

OK just had to vent (since I can't really vent on FB about it LOL)
FL Mama and Ray88 like this.

April 24th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
pffft. I would have said something snarky back.
leeler_84 likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Veteran
that must be super annoying. i dont get why people think three kids is a lot to handle... was there some memo i never got saying two was the limit????
mamalamb and mirdeemrlvs like this.
April 24th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I so agree with you. Everyone is acting like 3 kids is a lot now a days. This is our third n everyone keep asking if this is our last one. I just don't get it.

as far as the comment, I would have said something smart back. I notice people will keep making comments like that n all you gotta do is snap on one n u won't see comments like that again.
mamalamb likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 09:22 AM
DeletedUser12345's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im only on #1 and I always thought I like the number of 3.. Maybe more depending on the finances and if it fits with the relationship.. I don't think it is a lot. Some people are like that because of jealousy like you said.. but then some people just are so awkward with what to say when it comes to babies and make bad choices in words with no bad intent.. Either way.. I know hormones are making me irritated at a lot lately.. could be a mix with that, too. Sorry you have to deal with facebook annoyances.
April 24th, 2013, 09:24 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hated that with my third, even more so people thought i was nuts because I already had a boy and girl why have more? I actually haven't got much with this one except for a friends mom called me stupid and a friend called me nuts.

April 24th, 2013, 09:46 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely sounds like she is jealous of you!!! I don't get why people say things like that!
April 24th, 2013, 10:29 AM
SmileyMom
I would have snapped back quickly....sometimes you have to put someone in their place just once(and the best is when you snap back in a nice nasty way, it leaves them so confused) and they will usually back rig on down !
mamalamb likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 10:56 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in such a mood with FB lately that I would have just deleted her or blocked her from seeing my updates. I have NO ROOM for negativity anymore!
mamalamb and Ray88 like this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Veteran
That is obnoxious! I bet she is just envious of all you have going on and not so much hung up on what # baby it is. People have made a couple comments about us getting lucky this baby is a girl and not a 4th boy, now we can quit, etc. It hasn't really bothered me too much but I can see how it is super annoying if it comes from someone who was already ****** to begin with.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

April 24th, 2013, 02:02 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait for the comments the next time we get pregnant (if we are that lucky!) I am sure I will be deleting more than a couple people!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 24th, 2013, 02:22 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
jealousy makes some people look like a *****
April 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Super Mommy
I would have responded with a passive-aggressive post, personally, or deleted her as a friend. "Thank you for being such a supportive, beneficial person in my life. I'm so glad we can keep in touch so I can remember how not to behave in polite society. Bite me." Etc.
mamalamb likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Surprisingly I've only heard "Again?!" once so far this pregnancy...and I replied with "Nope, for the first time. No clue where the other three came from :-p" People know I will just delete them if they're negative.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search