Babywearing mama's

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those of you that babywear, did you use a stroller when baby was little and when you had another LO? DD will be 4.5 when baby is born. I rarely used the stroller when she was little and would wear her instead. I've been looking at strollers and the ones I'm interested in have a higher weight limit so DD could use it also (we have hardly used a stroller the past couple years).
We use a wagon when we go to the zoo or long walks.
I keep looking at strollers because I "think" I need one.

May 1st, 2013, 08:58 PM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
Lily will be 3 when this baby comes. I'm looking at a sit and stand type. I do use the stroller a lot even though I will wear a lot too. I like the convenience of just popping the infant carrier onto the stroller and going. No waking baby!
May 2nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't buy a stroller unti DS was at least 6 months and that is because my 94 year old grandfather needed something to hold on to when we took walks. You certainly don't think you need one but I think for some people it might make life easier. I just love babywearing.

Expecting a baby girl Nov 4, 2015
Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mama!
May 2nd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did use a stroller until closer to 6 months. But I both baby wear and use the stroller. My son was 3 years 9 months when DD was born, so we were only using a stroller for him at the zoo, theme parks, etc. I got a P3, and loved it. It has a tiny step built into the stroller for DS to hop on to when he got tired.
We'll use it again for #3 and DD can hop on the step.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GHN2BC
May 2nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I want to do both - I just get so ****** hot (but I love it, I chose Florida after all) so I want the option to detach the baby if I'm feeling like I'm overheating. No one wants a soggy baby. Plus I want to make DH push the stroller around, ha.
May 2nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son was a little shy of two years when my daughter was born. He could hardly walk yet, so I had little choice. He also had big heavy braces on his legs that were very difficult to maneuver and carry while also having a baby in the sling. I started pushing him in the stroller when I was about 38 weeks pregnant and his braces were banging into my belly when I had him on my back. I also used the stroller before my daughter was born and I only had one, but it never had a child in it! I used it to carry stuff! It was great at the farmer's market, easier to control than a wagon and kind of like a shopping cart

I am thinking of getting a sit n stand for the zoo and other outings with a lot of walking involved. They both like to walk, but honestly sometimes I just need to contain them, they can also walk VERY slowly or just get tired towards the end, or want to sit somewhere to eat a snack or get some water etc. If I were you I'd look into getting a cheaper stroller or a second hand. It isn't something that is 100% necessary when you have two kids, but it can be nice to have an option sometimes. Not to mention really all the stuff that has to be lugged around sometimes on outings, the stroller is good for that job! Jackets, diaper bag, cooler with lunch....

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 2nd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Super Mommy
My youngest will be 2 and a half when this one is born so I plan to wear the baby and my 2 yo will be in the stroller.
May 2nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I mostly babywore. I didn't use the stroller until like 6-9mos and it was only if I was going to the mall or for a walk.

May 2nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter will be 3, but she never took to the stroller. She was really colicky and loved to be in our front carrier, but would scream when she was in the stroller. Now she gets impatient after about 10 minutes. We live in a pretty rural area, so I am mostly in the car and walking from the car to wherever we are going, or just running loose in the field, so I don't think I would really need to the stroller to much. It would make it easier to walk the dog if she would stay in a stroller, but she won't.
May 3rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
when I had my kids close in age I did use the stroller and wear the baby. But that was when they were 2.

I don't really plan to use the stroller now as I know Sophie who will be 4 when the baby comes will not be wanting to ride in it anyway.

May 3rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea what I will be doing. I was not a successful baby wearer last time around, the moby was too much to wrap around and the bjorn carrier that we had made my shoulders and back ache. DH used the carrier though several times and liked it. We are planning on re-using our gracco metrolite travel system. We lost DD's umbrella stroller during our trip to India last year and even before that we only used it for travel and for zoos, parks etc. She is old enough to walk and she does ok. But I am sure she's going to have some jealousy issues - if baby gets to be on stroller, so do I etc. sigh...I'll cross that bridge when I get there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search