Bouncers

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By miniRazz
  • 2 Post By JessKeller24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
My kids never had a bouncer, they have had swings (which they hated). I thought there was no point in bouncers since I had a swing, but since I'm dying to buy something (well anything) I start looking at bouncers. I don't want to waste money so I thought I would ask you ladies do bouncers really work and help. I been looking at this one.

Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Platinum Edition Deluxe Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper - Fisher-Price - Babies "R" Us

I like how its looks and how its not sitting up cause I hate when babies head be off to the side in the ones that sit up. I know nothing about these things so tell me what you think.

May 9th, 2013, 02:28 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the bouncers that the end is low to the ground and I can sit and fold laundry, etc... and use my foot to "bounce" it. The kind that has a "vibration" button. The vibration feature has been a lifesaver to me. My little ones have slept in the bouncer many nights because they would wake up as soon as I put them in the crib.

Like this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17771092?w...l5=pla&veh=sem

May 9th, 2013, 02:45 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got the swing, bouncer, and rock and play sleeper.

We want to keep the pack and play in my daughter's room with the built in bassinet setting, for naps.

But sleep time will be in our room, in the rock and play sleeper when not in bed with us. The rock and play will also be for travelling.

The swing is in the living room.

I only got a bouncer so that when I shower I can have the baby in the bathroom with me if I need. It'll probably almost never get used. If I notice we aren't using it, I'll probably just let me friend keep it at her house for when she is babysitting.
May 9th, 2013, 02:54 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirdeemrlvs View Post
This is the one that I bought for Matteo. All my friends kids and my nephews have loved these types of bouncy seats and I figure if he doesn't like it much then I've only spent $22 on it.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

May 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my son I had the swing and bouncer. He didnt like the swing to much but he was happy in his bouncer. My daughter was opposite. She loved the swing hated the bouncer. Eventually we bought the rock n play and that was her favorite. She slept in it every night, it was only thing that helped her tummy. Ours had to be thrown away it got yukky when we moved but plan to get another one.
May 9th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirdeemrlvs View Post
I like the bouncers that the end is low to the ground and I can sit and fold laundry, etc... and use my foot to "bounce" it. The kind that has a "vibration" button. The vibration feature has been a lifesaver to me. My little ones have slept in the bouncer many nights because they would wake up as soon as I put them in the crib.

Like this one:

Bright Starts Sunnyside Safari Bouncer - Walmart.com
That is super cute!
May 9th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
does the rock n play still have the issue that kids heads are getting flat or what not?

May 9th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fins View Post
does the rock n play still have the issue that kids heads are getting flat or what not?
I am not sure. I know that was reported a lot with the older model but not sure if it's still an issue. We plan to add a folded up blanket under the seat cover to cover our bases though.
May 9th, 2013, 03:40 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fins View Post
Flat head happens with any car seat, swing, bouncer, crib baby is left to lay on all the time. Only issue I've seen with the rock and play is the recall because of mold. But that can be taken care of by keeping the thing clean.
Ray88 and alittlelost like this.

May 9th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
thanks for clearing that up. Everyone who has the rock n play loves it so I added it to my registry.

May 9th, 2013, 04:10 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nate loved the bouncy chair more than his swing. I have both again this time.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

May 9th, 2013, 04:21 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going to have both, DD1 hated both, but DD2 loved the bouncer (hated the swing). I'm only trying a swing again because I was able to get one for $10 lol

May 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Someone gave me a bouncer for DS and I used it but I don't remember ever thinking it was a "must have" for us... but then again, he was a swing baby. LOVED the swing!
When he was super tiny, I'd put him in the bouncer so I could run around and take care of my chores but I don't think he stayed in it very long at a time.

I don't think I'll be getting one this time, unless it's gifted to us

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 10th, 2013, 05:34 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the swing and bouncer, they were lifesavers for all of my kids so I like having other things for baby when they aren't being held.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search