We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I feel stupid even asking about this because I would be so scared to risk it. Our best friend is getting married in June and we know we cannot go to the wedding/reception. I'll be 37 weeks at that point.
His shower is this Saturday and I'll be 35 weeks. It is a 7 hour car trip.
We feel just horrible about having to miss it, and we've already explained that we cannot make it to either (the shower or the wedding). He seems so disappointed. Says he thought he was planning it early enough for us to come.
Would you do it? Obviously not the wedding at 37 weeks, but what about the shower at 35 weeks? I seriously doubt we would go, but I just want to see what you would do.
When I was pregnant with DD, I made my last trip to my grandparents' house that far at 35 weeks. I just didn't go in the last month. It wasn't a problem for me, but you have to do what works for you. I hope your friend is ok with whatever you decide.
I wouldn't personally be too concerned at 35 weeks since it sounds like things have been good so far. I would just locate a few good hospitals along the way just in case of in emergency. But I would totally consult your dr first.
When I was pregnant with Bourne, I flew up until 36 weeks on overnight trips for work with my Dr.'s blessing - and I am high risk. I don't think a 7 hour car ride is the most comfortable, but if you are willing to sacrifice to be there for your friend and your Dr. clears then, I then go for it.
I would also ask your doctor. I'd be inclined to stay home, mostly because the drive would take forever because you will need to get out and stretch like a previous poster said. I had to turn down a good friend's baby shower because I'll be 37 weeks and unable to fly, nor would I want to make the 8 hour drive. It sucks missing out on special events for your friends