L&d today

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tela

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my biweekly NST today, and my blood pressure was too high. My doctor tested again at the end of my appointment and since it was still high she sent me right over to l&d. Two weeks ago I has traces of protein in my urine, but the bloodwork came back fine. Anyway, I had a ton of stat bloodwork done at the hospital and was placed on the NST there. After resting in a bed at the hospital, my blood pressure slowly creeped back to normal.. All the blood came back normal, one thing was slightly elevated but it was ok. I am continuing to have contractions, so my doctor just thinks I am a ticking time bomb (her words). My blood pressure has been up every appointment. They sent me home with a 24 hr urine jug, and a steroid shot for baby's lungs. I go back to l&d tomorrow night for the second shot and to turn in my jug o urine. I have been out on strict bedrest, which might make my baby shower on Saturday weird. Doctor is hoping I can make it to 38 weeks, but baby has been scaring me since 26 weeks. Really hoping that he continues to cook.

May 16th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Super Mommy
Hang in there baby!!

I was recently talking to a neighbor who delivered one of her kids at 35 weeks. She barely spent any time in the NICU and she's a great kid now. Of course nobody wants to deliver yet, but its nice that you're getting all the prep you need and medicine can do so much to give our babies great care even this early.

Enjoy your shower!
May 16th, 2013, 05:07 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this pregnancy has not been easy on you!!! i hope your baby boy keeps baking for a few more weeks at least! would you be allowed to go to the shower and just sit there with your feet up? i'm sure everyone there wouldn't mind waiting on you and helping you open gifts. i'd hate for you to miss your own shower b/c of bedrest. KUP!
Logiesmomma likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Veteran
had that happen to me in previous pregnancy -- the bedrest shower thing totally stunk. I actually laid in a recliner. :-( Felt like a beached whale but everyone understood and still came to share in our joy. In the end we had a great baby boy -- was worth everything we sacrificed. hang in there.
April and baby Emmit
May 16th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Veteran
Ooo.. "ticking time bomb" aren't really words you want to hear from your doctor. Stay in there baby! Just a few more weeks!

May 16th, 2013, 10:30 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! Did they check you? Glad they gave you the steroid shots just in case. I hope the urine comes back normal and your kiddo keeps baking! I had the exact same problem (minus the high BP) with DS2 (regular contractions started at 19 weeks with him) and my cervix shortened but didn't dilate until after 37 weeks and he wasn't born until 39 weeks, so it is possible to have contractions the majority of your pregnancy and have a past "term" baby. I know the fear though of having a pre term baby and I'm right there with you now too. Praying for you and your little one!
May 16th, 2013, 11:01 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
You sure have had a run of issues! I know I told my doctor that I'm starting to be afraid to see her because I always get bad news. You must feel that way tenfold. People tell you the odds of survival and how healthy babies born at such weeks can be, but I know when all you want is a healthy (fully baked) little one those things don't make you feel better. They don't make it any less scary when it is YOUR baby in the equation.

Ticking time bomb - eh she could have chosen a better phrase I think. Little one definitely should stay put longer No being unfashionably early when you haven't even drawn breath yet!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 16th, 2013, 01:14 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Thinking of you and baby boy!

May 16th, 2013, 04:40 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
You're so close to being full term, I hope things get a little easier for you & he can stay in a few more weeks!
May 16th, 2013, 07:33 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
wow ... hope things get better it weird the contraction meds didn't help with the high bp .. the meds make my bp super low ... hope the urine comes back good and that baby cook some more

May 16th, 2013, 08:50 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Praying that baby stays put for a few more weeks!!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search