I've decided!

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By LilHerndon
  • 1 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By A.Sue8
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 4 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By joellejello
  • 1 Post By WENDYLL22
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To talk to DH about having my IUD removed in August and start NTNP in September!

Once August rolls around, I may change my mind and feel like I want to wait longer, but right now I feel like that would be a good time for us! We started NTNP when DS1 was 6mths and it took until he was 16mths to get pregnant with DS2. I also haven't even mentioned it to DH yet so we'll see what he has to say. He'll probably say " We'll talk about it when it gets closer, I hate planning things like that" I HATE when he does that! I want to NTNP for a while and not actually TTC but I would like to plan as to around what month we would start doing that.

The reason I am wanting so soon is because I would really like to shoot for a Spring/Summer or October baby. But I don't really want to wait until next August/Sept to NTNP, so that leaves this fall. Even though a healthy baby is all that matters, I would really like to avoid Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb & March. During the months of Feb-May I would like to use the pull n pray method and start back in June '14 NTNP/TTC so that we can avoid have a due date in the Winter.

So that's my plan as of right now!

P.S - Please don't think I'm nutso! LOL
mrssws likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds VERY similar to my plan actually! DH and I were in agreement that we would NTNP starting in September this year since it took us a year and a half to get Parker and even that was considered a miracle lol. I definitely would rather not have a winter baby again - the constant stuck in the house and illness everywhere really brought the newborn experience down a lot. Honestly we aren't exactly being careful now, but my PCOS is flaring up so bad I'm fairly positive we are safe lol. Hope your DH is in agreement and you can get a plan in place!
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

May 22nd, 2013, 02:10 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats when we were going to start NTNP also! I really dont want a summer baby though because it is hot as hell here in the summer and you cant even go outside. However I dont think thatll happen because it took 9 months of trying to get DS2. A November/December baby is what I want.

May 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited for you girls!!

May 22nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to start NTNP in April to get another Dec/Jan baby, we used to always pull and pray and avoid DTD during my risky days, but right now we are using protection. DH thinks i'm crazy when I talk about having another baby, I don't want J to be an only child because I was an only child and that was no fun. DH has 2 brothers.
May 22nd, 2013, 04:04 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go back and forth between wanting to start trying in the next few months and waiting. I want my kids close in age and I see the benefit of sort of struggling through the diaper/stroller phase all at once but on the other hand I am really enjoying my job and don't see how I could swing a sitter with two and don't want to leave my job. Also there are the finances to consider. I know my DH would prefer us saving and paying off our cars before trying for another one. Kids ain't cheap! I basically change my mind every second but I think if I found out I was pregnant this summer I wouldn't be upset

Very exciting to hear about all you ladies starting for the next little one soon!

May 22nd, 2013, 04:37 PM
How exciting! Sounds like we need to start a club! hehe Maybe we'll all end up in the same DDC again! How awesome would that be?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
I go back and forth between wanting to start trying in the next few months and waiting. I want my kids close in age and I see the benefit of sort of struggling through the diaper/stroller phase all at once but on the other hand I am really enjoying my job and don't see how I could swing a sitter with two and don't want to leave my job. Also there are the finances to consider. I know my DH would prefer us saving and paying off our cars before trying for another one. Kids ain't cheap! I basically change my mind every second but I think if I found out I was pregnant this summer I wouldn't be upset

Very exciting to hear about all you ladies starting for the next little one soon!
I have had my fair share of going back and forth. I still even have days where Marshalls fussy, Sawyer's throwing tantrums and I'm thinking to myself that I must be crazy for wanting more!

One thing I love about being a SAHM is that I don't ever have to worry about maternity leave or paying a sitter. We would never be able to afford more then one or two kids if we had to pay child care, plus I don't trust a lot of people lol.

Once you're ready, you'll know! It is soo much fun to have them close in age, speaking from experience having my kids close plus me and my brother are the same age difference as DS1 & DS2 and we were so close growing up! It is hard, but thankfully the good days out weigh the bad, now that Marshall is bigger.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
After the problems I had with this last pregnancy I wasn't even sure if I wanted another... and if I DID, it would be about 3 years from now. Just recently I thought about having another soon-ish. I told DF tonight and he just laughed at me. I know right now isn't the right time for us financially, but I definitely wouldn't be upset if there was an "oops." (I'm using the NuvaRing now, so the chances of that are slim to none anyway.)

May 22nd, 2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyenchanted View Post
After the problems I had with this last pregnancy I wasn't even sure if I wanted another... and if I DID, it would be about 3 years from now. Just recently I thought about having another soon-ish. I told DF tonight and he just laughed at me. I know right now isn't the right time for us financially, but I definitely wouldn't be upset if there was an "oops." (I'm using the NuvaRing now, so the chances of that are slim to none anyway.)
Aww that wasn't nice of him. Maybe if you talk about it around him occasionally then he'll start to open up to the idea.

I was about the same when I was pregnant. I knew I 'probably' wanted more but for sure I wanted to wait any where from 3-5yrs. I guess that's why people suggest not making any permanent plans while pregnant because your mind can change afterwards lol.

I'm not sure what DH will say either, he may laugh at me as well.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great you decided! We are NTNP but already started planning and talking about #2. We will probably g meet with our RE in the next couple of months to start putting a plan together. I'm not getting any younger and we're not waiting another 3 1/2 years for Baxter's brother or sister if we can help it

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)
May 22nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
That's great you decided! We are NTNP but already started planning and talking about #2. We will probably g meet with our RE in the next couple of months to start putting a plan together. I'm not getting any younger and we're not waiting another 3 1/2 years for Baxter's brother or sister if we can help it
That's awesome!!!! You'll have to keep us updated!

May 22nd, 2013, 09:32 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post

That's awesome!!!! You'll have to keep us updated!
You better believe I will!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)
May 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Wellll............That didn't go has hoped

Here's how the conversation went- "So I've been thinking I'd like to get my IUD taken out around August" "You mean to try an have another one?!" "Well not really 'try' but if it happens it happens and If it don't it don't" "I don't know about all that" Silence for a couple of minutes "I was afraid you'd say something like that" "Well I don't see any reason why we would want another one anytime soon" I proceed to tell him my reasons why. He said that's good enough reasons and that he's sorry for the way he feels about it and that it's not really fair for either one of us to have to give into the other. Meaning like it's not fair to me to have to wait because he doesn't want another soon and it's not fair to him to give into having one if he's not ready. Which is true and I don't want him to give in if he's not on board with it.

Hopefully he'll warm up to the idea!

May 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yay, more babies! After DS, we pretty much went directly to NTNP since it took us 10 months to concieve him, now our babies are almost exaclty 2 years apart! We're donezo now, but I love living vicariously through other people's pregnancies!!

May 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am on the fence. DH mentioned the other night I have this look that shows I want another...(what?)I am finding more and more that even though it is so much easier having the age difference that Madison and Latham do that she really wants nothing to do with him. She occasionally talks to him but other than that nada. It makes me think that maybe a third closer in age would be nice. DH and I have talked and are leaning more toward trying or NTNP next fall. That would put is in a better position financially.

May 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would give him time Kelsey and see how each of you feel closer to August. A highlight really is that he respects your feelings and doesn't want to disappoint you but is also being honest.

I hope things work out for the best girl!

May 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Yeah I'm not going to push him about it. I wouldn't want him to push me if it was the other way around. I'll just mention it again in a couple months.

I told him as long as he don't say he never wants anymore then we'll be good lol
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search