:) already

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies.
How are those wonderful god sent babies?
And the pregnant moms.. How's the bellys? Anyone still pregnant? Nicole I know you are.

Well my son is 2 weeks today. I can't believe we have already gone two weeks together.
The first week felt overwhelming. At times I cried just because I realized I have my child. For the rest of my life. But we still have one last traditional thing and that's his baby shower. His god parents chose June 1st to have the shower so we are preparing for that.
Mason's daddy has been some BIG help! I sleep at night and take over once he Mason wakes up around 7:30-8:00am.
And I feel rested since I'm able to sleep a good 3-4 hours straight. So I'm sitting here. Breastfeeding my son. Watching a good show. Having hot tea and enjoying the alone time while his dad gets his rest.

I had a question..
How long do your babies breast feed for? Per side?
May 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Remy, if he has gone 2 plus hours without eating will usually do about 15 minutes each breast. He falls asllep after the first one so I will change his diaper to wake him up then put him onthe other. Othertimes, when he cluster feeds what seems like every hour he will only take one breast for about 10 to 15 minutes.

I was wondering the same thing....How long does Mason breastfeed for? By the way, love the name Mason and we were going to name our Remy that but decided not to at the last minute : ) Mason seems to be a very popular name this year.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
May 23rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It all depends. On a normal day when we just sit around all day around 15 minutes and typically only one side. She doesn't nurse well at all when we are in town so after those trips I usually end up nursing for 45 min to an hour while she fills up and she'll get back on within 20 minutes for more. We're working on the public nursing though. Ahe's getting a little better.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The last couple of days he's been nursing much shorter periods of time... between 5 and 20 minutes. But it's pretty constant throughout the day (at least every hour)... so for these shorter periods, I don't bother to switch, just alternate. When it's been a few hours (at night, usually) and I'm engorged, I'll nurse for as long as he'll eat on one side, then usually have to change his diaper and nurse on the other for awhile.
May 23rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it's usually 15 minutes on each side. I also change her diaper in between sides in order to wake her up. I alternate the side that I start on since she seems to nurse more vigorously on the first side.
May 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Depends. If its part of a cluster feed, just 5 minutes or so. But for a regular feed, about 10 minutes on one side, burp well, and about 5-10 on the other. During cluster feeding (where she nurses five times in an hour), we block feed on one side (to prevent her getting too much fore milk).
May 23rd, 2013, 05:14 PM
Veteran
Normally Aubrey nurses for 10-20 minutes, though sometimes when she wants to eat frequently she may only nurse for 5 minutes. She isn't very consistent yet though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search