Where do you feel movement?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Wondering where everyone is feeling kicks. I was feeling a lot of movement up high and just all over, but in the last two weeks, baby girl has started to have longer stretches of staying still. It makes me wonder if she's starting to develop some sleep cycles.

Now, I mostly feel kicks very, very low. Mostly on the under side of my belly near my panty line and on down. What about you guys?

And if you happen to know how baby is positioned, where do you feel kicks? Since I had such a big shift in where I'm feeling movement, I'm wondering if she was breech and turned head down, or the other way around. I know there's still plenty of time, but I really hope she's not breech! There is something hard up toward the top of my belly on my right side - can't tell yet if it's a head or a bottom. I'm hoping my midwife can tell when I go in next week.
MommyPenguin4 likes this.
May 29th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
His head is downwards so I feel his kicks high but not in my ribs high. I feel his little punches n elbows low. they have been getting harder now. he is very very active to the point the husband can be sitting next to me n won't even be touching or looking n can baby moving out the corner of his eye.
Ray88 likes this.

May 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mostly down low, lower abdomen. Sometimes a little higher up above my belly button.
Wifey to Mike since 06.21.03
Mommy to Nathan James born 11.20.09
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

May 29th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seems to vary- she was head down at my u/s at 21 weeks but she seems to have moved because I feel the movement in new spots. Lately I feel a lot on my left side

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 29th, 2013, 06:41 PM
butt shunts to my left ribs , feet into my reight ribs, knees across my upper stomach then hands, elbows and shoulder shunts to my lower belly/ pelvic region. along with the odd jolt when everything goes at once lol. bubba has been head down with their back across my left side since week 22.
Mself145 likes this.
May 29th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
lots of movement low, especially if I'm sitting up... I think I'm squishing him. All other movement is up on my right side belly button level and higher. Nothing at all on my left side.

How he's positioned on the ultra sounds does not correlate to his movements at all. It's baffling, lol.

May 29th, 2013, 07:14 PM
DeletedUser12345's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby is head down and his spine is leaning towards my left side and his butt is in my ribs.. I feel punches and tickles from his arms and maybe toes down low by my panty line... I feel him roll over across my stomach but usually on my left side.. I feel his hiccups jumping just to the left of my belly button and when he stretches out longer his but jabs into my ribs more. I can also usually see him moving through my skin. If I lay my hand or anything on him he kicks it usually. He used to kick the cat but I think he likes her now and doesnt mind her on my stomach.
May 29th, 2013, 07:22 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
her feet are by my ribs, so i get very high kicks, and ligther wiggles and stuff from her moving below my eblly button.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 29th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel Caelyn everywhere! She is so active and is waking me up at night with her antics. I feel hiccups low which is the only thing that's consistent.
Ray88 likes this.
~Thanks to Kiliki for my beautiful signature~

May 29th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee

I do notice she has longer quiet periods and more routine active times now.
Kellisa, Mama to:
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
May 29th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Wildflower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everywhere, actual kicks/jabs I feel more low but to the sides, I feel lots of stretching and rolling up higher. Though she does sneak in a few painful kicks/punches up top too!

May 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
At my ultrasound yesterday she kept moving between breech and transverse which explains why it feels like she has four arms and legs. Sometimes I'll feel her feet all the way to the right side of my body and other times it feels like she's going to kick a foot right out of my cervix.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

May 29th, 2013, 10:03 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
Everywhere all the time. I don't really notice her sleep patterns because I be busy at work.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

May 29th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
I always feel her in up high in my right ribs, and down low in my left side pubic bone area.

May 30th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Super Mommy
I also have no idea if Baby Rose is breech or not and I don't have any more u/s scheduled so HOPEFULLY she's head down by now lol

I also feel kicks and such really low on my panty line and sometimes a little higher near my belly button... Even my pelvic bone sometimes and "bum area" lol those are a little jolting
"Machete don't text..."

May 30th, 2013, 05:28 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure she is transverse because I feel movement up high on both sides (right and left) a lot at the same time. She's a mover though and is constantly rolling around so her position changes, but I haven't felt any movement down low for a few weeks.
Mom of 2 girls and 3 boys
Missing my 4 angels too precious for this earth: 2/22/04, 12/13/06, 4/22/08, 11/16/12

May 30th, 2013, 05:32 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't tell kicks from punches, but I feel most movement low and some movement high, and sometimes I feel movement high and low at the same time. As I write this, I just got some kicks (or punches) to the ribs
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!
Check out the Attachment Parenting Board for Effective Parenting Solutions.
PM me if have questions about autism, TTC gender swaying, natural childbirth, going "vaccine-free", or if you are looking for gentle discipline advice.
May 30th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Mommy of 3

Baby is head down and I feel a lot of punches down low and knee jabs and kicks up above my belly button

May 30th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't tell what is what, but there is a ton of movement. I feel more hard spots and rolls than I do actual kicks.
Thank you, Vicki! Love my siggy!

May 30th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Everywhere! I have no idea what position he's in, but I would be willing to bet he's still breech based on how I can pretty much feel him all over my belly at one time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search