What are your plans for today?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Steph625
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What is everyone's plan for today?

Doc wants me to call him at the hospital and provide a reason to get checked. Followed his advice on one thing to do to induce contractions. That was the last time. Now I plan to clean the house. That usually starts a series of contractions. Then placing the call. I figure I will get to the hospital with no change and come home. I am OK waiting a little longer. Other option is that I have progressed passed the 6 from Wednesday. If that happened, I will have a daughter today. Evidently once a woman gets to 7 or further they do not want to send her home even if there are no contractions.

I know a lot of us have large bellies that make things a little difficult. Anyone spending the day by a pool or doing something really fun?
navywifey2003 and 4hearts like this.

June 8th, 2013, 06:52 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Nothing fun today. DH is working. I am hobbling around the house today. I am feeling lots of pressure and my hips feel like they are going to shatter. My mom is coming later to help with the girls so I can finally get started on sewing the crib bedding. Nothing like waiting til the last minute.
4hearts likes this.

June 8th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I have nothing fun planned for the day. I spent yesterday all day (6 hrs) cleaning. I had to take multiple breaks. And it's funny how I couldn't reach certain areas cuz if the big belly.

Tomorrow is the busy day. Almost overwhelming. Church first thing in am. Then my oldest has a dance recital. Then we are celebrating the middle girls' bday which is Monday. Then I have to go to hospital at 10 pm to start being induced. Busy busy Sunday!!

I wish you luck today!!
mommyandwife08 likes this.
June 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Going to look into getting a couple chickens since our one dog got ahold and killed our 4 girls we did have I'm heartbroken but it feels so weird not having any chickens here. We are going to the same place we got our youngest last year. Then Mike and I are suppose to go out to dinner for our anniversary which is on monday. Married 7 years.

June 8th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Rochelle
Kim- that must be crazy knowing there's a 50/50 chance you'll have your baby today!

Courtney- Believe me, I know all about waiting until the last min! I still haven't made my cloth wipes.

I will have my diaper bag finally packed today and that feels good. Of course it took me until my 38th week to do it. i also washed all the gender neutral baby clothes and put them away and got the changing table all set up with baby stuffs. Mom came over yesterday and we did a bunch of cleaning and organizing in the temp nursery (DD's room). We threw away so much.

I have to finish that room and work a lot in the kitchen today. Just found out that DD1 is STILL suffering from a stomach bug. It keeps creeping back up on us when we think it'd finally gone. I hate viruses like that. We had a play-date we had to cancel and everything
June 8th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing much planned really. SO's mom might come by to see the kids for a while, a friend of mine is supposed to come over sometime this morning, SO has to work at 2. Then who knows for tomorrow.

#1, 4, 5, 7
June 8th, 2013, 07:39 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are taking the boys to a museum and then my DH is trying to convince me to drive an hour and half for a relatives party but I am not sure I feel up to that today. Mostly just having a nice family day.

DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13
Due 02/29 with DD #2

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
DH works at 2 so just hanging out with him and DS
After that probably just more hanging out at home, theres a giant art festival that we'll probably hit up tomorrow
I cleaned the house yesterday and got nothing out of it
I dont want to be induced but I'm sooooooooooo done

June 8th, 2013, 08:27 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Not a darn thing!! I'm really sore from the park yesterday!

Well I do have to fold laundry and go to the store later... but that is later lol

Now I'm going to take a shower, play on the computer, entertain the 2 year old

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

June 8th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to do very little today. DH has sort of put me on bed rest, insisting that I not do anything today, since every time I get up I double over in pain from the little guy's head pressing on nerves. I've been moving around as much as I can but it's hard. DH is doing all the laundry and vacuuming and dishes and everything today to make sure we're ready for my induction Tuesday (or hopefully going into labour on my own before that!) He even made a big breakfast of french toast and bacon, and it was delicious. He's a pretty amazing guy.

My mom was here visiting from Arizona, and that was wonderful. Unfortunately she had to leave earlier than planned as my grandfather's health very suddenly took a turn for the worst. She flew to California yesterday morning to be with him, probably to say her last goodbyes. It's a tough time for everyone. I'm just trying to take it easy and not stress about it until we hear any news.

June 8th, 2013, 07:15 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole View Post
I plan to do very little today. DH has sort of put me on bed rest, insisting that I not do anything today, since every time I get up I double over in pain from the little guy's head pressing on nerves. I've been moving around as much as I can but it's hard. DH is doing all the laundry and vacuuming and dishes and everything today to make sure we're ready for my induction Tuesday (or hopefully going into labour on my own before that!) He even made a big breakfast of french toast and bacon, and it was delicious. He's a pretty amazing guy.

My mom was here visiting from Arizona, and that was wonderful. Unfortunately she had to leave earlier than planned as my grandfather's health very suddenly took a turn for the worst. She flew to California yesterday morning to be with him, probably to say her last goodbyes. It's a tough time for everyone. I'm just trying to take it easy and not stress about it until we hear any news.
Your DH sounds like a prince. Glad he's taking such good care of you! I will be praying for your family with what you're going through with your grandfather. I can totally empathize. What a hard time to go through that. Hugs to you! I just lost my grandpa in April. If you need me, I'm here. Feel free to PM me.
Joanne Nicole likes this.
June 8th, 2013, 08:27 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Nothing it's 110 degrees out we are being lazy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search