Bottle issues

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Misty, any updates?

June 27th, 2013, 06:25 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I decided if she takes a bottle from me then it's not the bottle that's the issue so I stopped trying to try a different bottle and am sticking with my Avent bottles she originally took before starting this. I spent the entire day at my moms yesterday letting her give her bottles. I'd pump and put it straight in the bottle for her to feed. The more times we did it the better it went. Went this evening and she took a bottle from mom without any fussing at all, so I guess just continuing to make her take it is working. DH is off tomorrow so going to pump again and see how she does taking a bottle from him. I did sleep on one of her blankets and lay it on mom to feed her but it didn't help at all. It did however help her take a 3 hour nap when I laid it under her before putting her down. Definitely will be trying that again soon.

June 27th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Thanks for the update. So glad she at least takes it from your mom. Does she fuss while she's doing it? We are still struggling and it's causing a lot of stress between DH and me. I can't go anywhere because when I leave him with DH, he cries the whole time and goes on a hunger strike. Taking him to the in laws tomorrow. Maybe they will have luck. Otherwise I guess I'm **** out of luck until I go back to work and the daycare provider has to deal with breaking him. Does your daughter cry and refuse the bottle, then eventually give in and take it or does she take it right away but fuss the whole time?

June 28th, 2013, 07:37 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first few days she fussed a lot and wouldn't even attempt to latch, which is when I started trying to give her the bottle myself. She did the same thing to me, but I just didn't give her the option of the boob and she finally started taking it. Then she would only latch the bottle if I were holding her doing it, so we did a few days of me latching her and then handing her off. She would still fuss during feedings, but she would drink too. Once she was accepting of that I went to moms with my pump and we used freshly expressed milk for mom to give her from start to finish and she still cried before and during, but it wasn't as bad and mom could get her on at least. Yesterday we went and mom gave her a bottle and said she didn't really fuss too much at all. DH gave her a bottle this morning without me even knowing. Didn't hear her cry any so I guess it went ok. So hopefully all of that is behind us. Really it was just a weeks worth of hardcore bottle training. I'm already back at work so I couldn't wait for weeks for her to figure it out. Hope it gets better for you soon. That really was the worst week I've had with her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search