Weight Gain

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I too gained 50 with my two previous pregnancies (twins and a singleton). This pregnancy since I was late on the "knowing" I was pregnant bus I am only up 5 and I will have to work hard to help baby gain the right kind of weight. There's not much you can do to slow it down if you are eating right because your body will do as it cares to. It's so frustrating. I've struggled with body image and eating most of my life. Nothing severe but after Gemma was born I was using breast feeding to lose all if my weight. It worked but totally not the right way to do it. I even pumped in between feelings to up caloric burn and output. I think you ate doing very well for your gain! And very normal but I also understand how you feel.
July 9th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Baby: 7.5 pounds
Placenta: 1.5 pounds
Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
Uterine enlargement: 2 pounds
Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds
Maternal blood volume: 4 pounds
Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds
Maternal fat stores: 7 pounds

ugh you guys are not fat. i'm plus size, always have been, so i know
besides you have a whole other person inside of you. where is all that weight from the baby and the placenta, etc supposed to go? don't be so hard on yourselves. we all have different body types, as do our babies, and will gain and lose weight differently.

i don't remember what i gained last time. this time i haven't gained anything. but with the diabetes i've definitely learned to watch what i eat. my appetite isn't huge but when i'm hungry i do eat. i watch the portion size though. i make sure i eat several small meals throughout the whole day.
when i'm out, like fast food, i'll eat 1/2 or 3/4 of the sandwich and 1/4 or 1/2 of the fries, lots and lots of water, fruits and veggies everyday, and 1 or 2 cookies rather than 5 or 6 is good. eat slowly. and if i'm hungry again later i'll eat again.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
July 9th, 2013, 08:06 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my weight gain is the highest with this pregnancy than it was with previous ones and it honestly freaks me out a lot... but that being said I've gained between 10 and 15lbs, depending on the time of day and how much fiber I've eaten..lol

Fresh fruit has been one of my favorite things to eat too, so I don't know if that will be helpful, but it is handy and doesn't contain a lot of 'extra' ingredients.

I was kinda upset about my weight at my appointment yesterday and my midwife I could tell was mulling it over because it was a significant amount since my appointment last month, but then what did she say? "your blood volume is increasing this week." like "oh psh.. don't worry your going to gain a bunch but it will slow down again." So if you are around 24-26 weeks you can expect a significant weight gain, but being mindful of portion sizes and what you put into your body can help you not gain too much too fast... excusing this week since you probably finally got enough blood in your system to attempt that walk without fainting.
July 9th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ages ago I weighed myself and was already up 11lb. Since then I just dont want to know.
Its too stressful, and if I weigh regularily I will end up depressed.
Just going tk worry about it afterwards

DD18, DD16, DD15, DS13, DN12, DS7, DD4, DD2

Expecting a surprise bebe - November 3rd
July 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Try to not stress on the weight. Seriously, unless you are gaining an obscene amount, don't stress.

You will have the next 18 years while raising your little one to get the weight off. While you are pregnant is not the time to worry about it if you are on a normal range with it as you are.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search