Sleep!

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 07:30 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It's amazing what a few hours of continuous sleep will do. Thursday night Henry was up every hour to snack a little and fall back asleep just to repeat it all 40 minutes later. He sleeps with us to make it a little easier but 3 weeks of not sleeping more than an hour or two at a time has been wearing on me. Some nights I'm getting just a total of 3 hours of sleep. All day Friday he was cluster feeding and barely napped. Last night I was up until 1 am nursing. That was when DH woke up and decided to take Henry to the couch so I could get some sleep. I woke up at 3 am to nurse a few more times until DH took him again at 5:45. I got to sleep until almost 9 am this morning! I know it's still not a lot of sleep but I feel so much better this morning.

July 13th, 2013, 01:33 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you! I know that after a few nights of Anna getting up every hour and a half - 2 hours to eat (even though we formula feed now), when she sleeps a straight 3-4 hours it's amazing. She even slept one night for a full 6 hours and I felt like a new woman! I can't wait til it becomes a regular thing for her to sleep 4-5 hours at a stretch because I cope so much better (everyone does) with stress if I get enough sleep.

July 13th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!! Glad you got some sleep I had a short-ish (2 hr) but lovely stretch last night where G actually fell asleep in the cosleeper and stayed there happily, so I didn't have him propped up on my boob all funny. I like to dream feed/bed share with me propped on my side and baby on his/her back, but with my SPD thing I can't lie on my side, only on my back... not so comfy usually baby is lying over my torso and my arm is propped on a bolster pillow to support his head, and it tends to be rather sweaty and suffocating for me. Occasionally DH will do like yours and let the baby sleep on his chest instead, and oh that is nice

July 13th, 2013, 03:40 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am dying of lack of sleep. I feel your pain! I need a deep sleep so bad.

July 13th, 2013, 06:27 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yay for sleep!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search