Avari

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By MerinSun

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 09:22 PM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
I know you can pronounce Avari 2 ways.. The way we are saying it Avari (like you would say Avery) and like "A-var-e"
My dad keeps asking me if I would consider adding an "e" to the end of her name so it
Would be spelled Avarie.. I just love the unique spelling.. I just wish he wouldn't say stuff like that.. It makes me feel like he doesn't her name..
Shoot my name is Jade and I have to correct people all the time bc they call me Jane..
July 14th, 2013, 05:44 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
He'll get used to it, but that is annoying that he wants you to change the spelling. She's your child, you get to pick the name. It took our family a while to get adjusted to our girls' names. My dad still mispronounces Abri's full name (it's ah-bree-ELLE) and she's 3. Plus everyone in our family spells her nickname differently. It's pronounced like Aubrey so we get that a lot, but we chose to just shorten the name using the correct spelling so we use Abri.
JadeS likes this.

July 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
IMO both pronounciations are pretty. It is rude of him to ask you spell it differently. He will get used to it. I've been married to my husband for 10 years and his father still calls me

"Tawnya" instead of Tania (pronounced Tonya)
JadeS likes this.

July 14th, 2013, 11:18 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto the other ladies. He'll get used to it. My name is Elise (Ee-lease) Pretty simple right? Nope. I get Elsie, elisa, elisha, and a whole host of other names.

July 14th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a little girl named Avari at my job. I read it as Avery and I've never heard it pronounced as A-var (rhymes with far?)-e.
JadeS likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

July 14th, 2013, 07:22 PM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
I have a friend that her oldest daughters name is Avaree (Ava-ree) my moms name is Jouliette (Juliet) which is also Graces middle name.. I like to be different..

Ps. Abrielle is an awesome name and my uncles baby girl is named Elise

I think when something is different people don't know what to think of it.. Hehehe
July 15th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I like the unique spelling. And if he doesn't like her name, then so be it. My mom isn't a fan of Leif and I just tell her that its a good thing he isn't hers. But now she likes it so I'm sure he will too
July 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would be irritated. Your child your choice. Several people are not a fan of Payson but I've loved in since before Everett.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search