Soothing Sounds

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What are some things that when your baby hears it, it soothes them? Do you play them special music to help them sleep?

I typically don't play anything to help Arthur sleep, I don't want to create an environment for him to sleep that I would have trouble recreating elsewhere, so we just let him listen to whatever environmental sounds are happening while sleeping/falling asleep.

However, when he's super fussy, it's kinda crazy, but he likes to listen to my vloggers to calm down. Seriously. On the road trip, I have an audio book narrated by one of my vloggers (and favorite author), and during the roadtrip he was so calm and quiet while that book was playing, and as soon as the book ended (in the middle of Nashville in the middle of rush hour, while I was driving), he was SCREAMING until we put it back on. (here are the vloggers he favors: TFiOS Movie, Bees, Babies, and More! - YouTube)

He isn't much of a fan of lullabys as far as music goes. He much prefers the music of my nerdy youtube musicians. This is his favorite artist, and has been since he was in utero: Meet Me At King's Cross - Alex Carpenter - YouTube

Share what music or other things that help keep calm or calm down your babies

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 19th, 2013, 07:02 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Little man likes heartbeats...mine and DHs. Even his uncles made him happy. We have a soothing sounds bear for him that does heartbeat/lullaby/nature sounds. We had one for DD too and she loved hers and he loves his also. As far as worrying about creating a sleep environment he will get too used too and rely on....honestly habits are not as hard to break as you are thinking. With DD once she transitioned to her crib I turned on the sleep sounds bear at night it times out after a half hour and did that every night from 6 months to 18 months til she moved to her toddler bed. Then I used a radio for like 6 months...mostly to drown out noisy neighbors and thunderstorms as she was adjusting to her "big kid" bed and now she goes to bed with nothing and each time there was no problems transitioning her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search