Some unwelcome excitement

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaisia

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Kaisia's Avatar Super Mommy
Just got home from seven hours at the hospital after my almost-36-week appointment. Got chastised for not going in after falling yesterday (out of a bus, embarrassingly, but just landed on my hands and knees and not the abdomen at all), then an NST. Was having contractions (that I can barely feel), probably dehydrated, so got put on an IV for fluids. Which sucked big time. I am not good with having things stuck in me. Another hour of monitoring, plus labs and an ultrasounds. Those were all great, baby is super active ("a wild child" according to one nurse), but still having contractions. So another three hours of monitoring. So boring! And I missed our Friday date night that we'd been looking forward to all week. Hubby was super grumpy about that because he was looking forward to going out, but too bad for him. I was so annoyed with him and almost in tears because of his attitude but he did bring me snacks and was sweet when I got home. (I did not have him stay because he would have driven me nuts waiting around the whole time.)

Contractions slowed down but still was having six an hour at the end (two more than doc wanted). The concern is potential placental abruption from my fall even though I haven't had any other symptoms. Had a choice between transferring to Korean hospital where they probably wouldn't do much but it would be a big pain (the army hospital can't admit before 36 weeks here because of lack of facilities for preemies) or coming back for more testing in the morning. Chose the latter, so hopefully nothing comes up overnight to make me go in before then. I have to watch for pain, bleeding, stronger contractions, lack of movement, etc. The likelihood of a problem is really low but also very serious if it is a placental abruption. I'm not too worried but still obviously not happy about all of this. I've had the most boring, straightforward pregnancy so far so I guess this is just me getting my due. Hopefully this will be the peak of it and everything will be okay from here on out.

The good news, though, is that I met the other two OBs today and, while I don't totally agree with their very conservative approaches, they were super nice and I would be comfortable with any of the docs being there when I go into labor. I've never had an IV before, which I was super nervous about, and as much as I hated it at least I know what to expect now. I feel more prepared to be flexible with my natural birth plan if/when it's necessary. And the nurses were awesome! I hope the one who took care of me most of the time is there when I have the baby.

Anyway, I just needed to share! This is so minor compared to what many of you have been going through, but it is still scary. I need her to be safe and sound in there for another month or so. I just hope I can get some sleep tonight. Guess we'll see whether worry or fatigue wins out! I will update after I go in tomorrow, though, and hopefully everything will be normal and I can relax.
July 26th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So scary but I'm glad everything seems to be ok! ((hugs)) Will be thinking of you!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 26th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad that everything is ok. Rest easy!

July 26th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
((hugs))
I hope everything is fine from here on out!

July 26th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm so happy to hear that you and baby are okay! Thank you for updating us and I'm really glad to know that you like the doctors as well. **HUGS**

July 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:-/ I hope everything turns out to be perfectly fine!!

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
July 26th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I'm glad everything is ok now, and I think you have a great attitude about the experience. Hope everything is fine today.

July 26th, 2013, 10:32 AM
DeletedUser12345's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad all is well! hopefully the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful for you and pretty easy.
July 26th, 2013, 10:37 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything is okay with the baby. Hang in there.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 26th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks, everyone! After three more hours of monitoring this morning (because the lab was being really slow), things are great and the doctor isn't really worried now. Contractions slowed down, labs and ultrasound were good again. I go back for another (short) NST on Tuesday to make sure but am otherwise back to my normal schedule. I wasn't too concerned but still it feels so much better to get an all clear. Now I just have to drink extra water and not fall off of anything for the next month.

Oh, and LO is most definitely a she! Now I don't have to worry about that in the back of my mind, since the tech at our main ultrasound was pretty nonchalant about that part.
Jenilope likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search