Confession :( and need help

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By DeletedUser12345
  • 1 Post By 84oilymom
  • 1 Post By MommyPenguin4
  • 1 Post By Jenilope

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do like my daughter's name. Nor do I like any of the nicknames used for that name. I wanted to spend some time with my baby before picking her name. Instead, I held her for like 2 seconds, I was all groggy and messed up on magnesium, and my husband pushed this name and I was too tired/sick to argue. I would even go as far as to change her name on her birth certificate, EXCEPT 1) my husband would never go for that and 2) the name came from someone who is like family to us, so we named Isabel in her honor. But I had wanted to do that as a middle name. Anyway, not much I can do now. That's her name. And don't get me wrong, it's a pretty name. BUT All my kids have 2 syllable names, which is what I prefer.

The nicknames I have heard for Isabel:
Belle
Isa (pronounced e-sa)
Izzy
Sabel (pronounced Say-bell)
Elle (more for Isabella, though)
Bella (more for Isabella, though)
Ella (more for Isabella, though . . . but this is the only one I like, even though I liked the name Isabel more than Isabella)
Issy (better than Izzy, I think, but my husband hates it)
Bee
Ibby
Abby (other ppl say this is a nickname for Isabel, but my husband says people will assume her name is Abigail, which honestly I don't care)
LaLa (weird)

My husband says we can just call her Baby as a nickname... I am not for that.

Anyway, I like Ella, even if it's for Isabella and she's Isabel (also goes good with my older daughter's name), and I sorta like Elle. I might call her Isa or Izzy sometimes. Bee is kinda cute. Abby probably won't work.

Anyway . . . thoughts? Ideas?
July 26th, 2013, 02:15 PM
DeletedUser12345's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww.. I love nicknames.. a little bummed there is no nickname really for Elliot.. but its ok.

I like Belle actually.. Its really classic and reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. Plus, its not overused.. any way you go, though.. it will be a cute nickname from that list..
July 26th, 2013, 02:27 PM
84oilymom's Avatar Veteran
Well if bella is the one u like I would go with it. My daughter name is Amya pronunced u my u) and I call her Molly. Now its short for Molasses cause she moves sooooooo slow lol but my grandma calls and a lot of her friends call her Missy...
Also u can go with a nickname for her middle name
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Super Mommy
I like Izzy and Bella a lot

And Melissa: What about Eli?!
yvee80 likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not awake enough yet to have thoughts on specific nicknames, but I really think you have plenty of leeway. There are lots of common nicknames that aren't even that close to the real thing (ex: Jack). It's crummy that you were rushed into a name and don't like it, so I think it's all the more important that you do like what you actually call her. And once you start, I don't think people will question if it ought to have an "a" on the end of it or not.
July 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
DeletedUser12345's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPenguin4 View Post
I like Izzy and Bella a lot

And Melissa: What about Eli?!
Eli is too much like Elijah.. and I am not crazy about that name. Yes, it is a derivative of it.. but I dont know why I dont like it. I would like Elli but its too girly. He will probably end up with some random name like people calling their kids "monkey" Just have to wait on personality..

but personality is why I really liked Belle.. She's got that soft and sweet prettyness from all her pictures... Plus, the cat I took in for a while was named Bella and she was too feisty and aggressive so I dont see it.. but if that was the nickname, I am sure the association would stick with the baby instead.
July 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would go with Belle Its easy and its short for her real name. I'm sorry your hubby pushed for that name when you werent in the right state of mind to know what you were agreeing too.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Bee is absolutely adorable and it just fits her for some reason (from the pictures at least). I also really like Belle I am sorry you feel this way about her name, but there are so many options with it so I'm confident you'll find a nickname that will stick. Keep us posted!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 26th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Super Mommy
Izabee? It's a nice mix I think. And unique.
July 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Veteran
I actually love Bee too! Very cute.. but you have a great list of options going -- I know you'll find one that fits her perfectly
July 26th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about calling her by her middle name? That's a really popular thing to do in my area... I think mainly for people who've used a family name as a first to carry it on, without wanting to call the kid that name.

Other than that, I like Belle/Bella

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 26th, 2013, 06:23 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I'm a little partial to "Ella" and "Abby" LOL!!

But I think Belle is cute too Sorry you are feeling that way, too! (((Hugs)))

July 26th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just remembered something! I had a friend named Isabelle who went by Bizzy. I always thought it was cute

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 27th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I like Isa and Belle and Bizzy and Bee; but, really, doesn't matter what anyone else likes, the question is what YOU like! Although, I imagine a nickname will naturally present itself as she gets older and you learn more about her.

We call Evelyn "Lulu" and that came from her middle name, Louise, we were calling her Evy-Lu for a while, but Evy never really suited her.
And I call Adelaide "Ladybug"
alittlelost likes this.

July 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like Bella a lot, but if you like Ella that is good too and that's what I'd use!

July 27th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I like Ella, I just hear it a lot nowadays. Maybe because my niece is named Ella.
My SiL is Isa and I've always liked that name too.

I personally think nicknames sort of grow with the child. I was all set on calling my daughter Lilly and it just never flowed off the tongue.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search