~ September 2013 DDC MOTW: jensma ~

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Keakie
  • 1 Post By jensma
  • 1 Post By jensma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith

Please welcome our next MOTW, jensma!

Name? Katie

Where are you from? Dallas, Texas

How many weeks along are you now? almost 32!!

Team blue, pink or green? Team Blue

Tell us 3 things that we might not have already known about you! (Fun facts, interests, hobbies, etc.)
*you probably DO know i am into photography, but i am loving lifestyle newborn photography more and more. Weddings are NOT for me, too much stress. My kids are my inspiration and while i do take photos for others i don't necessarily consider it professional. i don't know if i could turn it into a full time gig.
*my husband and are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this year. We were married 11.08.08, but we dated for 6.5 years before we got married!
* So you probably also might know, but maybe not, this is my 3rd baby in three years!! My first will be 3 in October, just 3 weeks after this baby is due to be born. I definitely did NOT think i'd ever find myself in this life, especially since we ttc for our first for almost 2 full years.

OH, and one more fun fact...we just bought a minivan. LOL I was COMPLETELY opposed but dang it, now i really like it I mean i was cramming 2 kids into a jetta so this is a big change.

Here's a most recent picture of my family:

And this is our dog, Jenny. She was once our first spoiled baby and now she's just a grumpy pain in the butt. She's about 7 i think. we adopted her 6 years ago.

manda622 likes this.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
July 29th, 2013, 08:38 AM
You have a beautiful family!

Aw, cute puppy! How has she adjusted to your kids as they've come into your family?

What sort of minivan did you go with? We used to have a Jetta and traded it in for a minivan too (and then the minivan died, and we replaced it with a Passat ).

Did anything in particular have you TTC for so long the first time, or was it just bad luck?

July 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Love the family photo! So cute!

Can we see some of the photos you have taken...some of your favs?
July 29th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love your family pic & your kids are adorable!
What does DH do for a living?
How did you both meet?

July 29th, 2013, 01:37 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
You have a beautiful family!

Aw, cute puppy! How has she adjusted to your kids as they've come into your family?

What sort of minivan did you go with? We used to have a Jetta and traded it in for a minivan too (and then the minivan died, and we replaced it with a Passat ).

Did anything in particular have you TTC for so long the first time, or was it just bad luck?
Thanks!!

We got a 2013 Chrysler Town& Country. i really like it...dang it. We kept our Jetta ('06 TDI) for my hubby to commute in. i still love that dang thing, wish i didn't have to give it up as my primary car. we bought it basically new in 07 and have driven it everywhere for the last 6 years! I had an '03 passat before that, my parents have it now and are still driving it We <3 VW!

I honestly don't know. I had an early miscarriage at almost 6w after my first full year of ttc. no explanation, my dr just said you're young keep trying. I got pregnant with Tyler about 7 months later. We dtd all of the time, i had perfect cycles & text book charts. Not a clue...but apparently my body got over the hump. LOL

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
July 29th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbzAsh View Post
Love the family photo! So cute!

Can we see some of the photos you have taken...some of your favs?
Sure, let me see what i can find in terms of my favorites. i'm working on a newborn right now

July 29th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
I love your family pic & your kids are adorable!
What does DH do for a living?
How did you both meet?
Thank you! I love this pic too. My kids are at that precious age (almost 3 & 17m) and they do NOT cooperate for pictures at all so we were very lucky we got one of them even looking.

My husband is an accountant, he has a really weird job. He travels, a lot, but i'm really hoping he can find something new soon because 2 alone is all i can handle. the 3rd will probably send me to the crazy farm.

We met through mutual friends. Its kind of a long story. My friend was sort of dating his roommate, we were hanging out at their cool guy bachelor pad, a lot. he was a HUGE jerk, but i was totally in love. It took me about 4 months to convince him that i wasn't some dumb high school hoebag, lol. but he came around. Lucky for him.
This is us one of the first nights we hung out, about 12 years ago. i was 17 & he was 19. THe second pic is from our family pics in december.

July 29th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I can't wait to see your newborn pictures! Cute photos of you and dh too - I love seeing pictures from couples' early dating days compared to present day.

We went with the TDI for our Passat too, since the vast majority of our driving is long distance, interstate driving. The Jetta just used gas, so we weren't sure how it would work out. We save SO much money on fuel it's nuts. We VW too and dh is in love with the TDI especially. I do like the Town and Country too, though - we rented one last summer for a vacation and it was great.

July 29th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Super Mommy
Cute pics!
What kinds of things do you do for fun?
What hobbies do your kids have?
Do you have a name picked out for your LO?
July 29th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello mommy of the week!
Have you lived in Dallas your whole life?
How many kids do you want or is this the last to complete your family?
How has this pregnancy been treating you and what is one thing you look forward to most about not being pregnant anymore?
July 29th, 2013, 10:42 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Hello fellow Texan!

We are thinking about getting a VW too.. for DH to drive back and forth to work. He has a long drive every few weeks.

Cute pictures! Sweet doggy.. I am sure mine will turn into grouches too pretty soon.

* Do you have a song, that no matter where you are if you hear it you want to dance? (sometimes this happens to me at the mall)

* Is there a food you just CAN'T live without?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 30th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecatlady View Post
Cute pics!
What kinds of things do you do for fun?
What hobbies do your kids have?
Do you have a name picked out for your LO?

Wellll.....
Fun stuff. I don't have much time for fun stuff these days. When we do 'fun' things it's usually as a family. i do enjoy taking/editing photos, which is obvious i guess. I am currently addicted to playing Hay Day on my iphone. Watching movies, i love a lazy sunday that involves nothing but laying around watching crappy lifetime movies on tv. We like to go to baseball & hockey games when we can.I like crafty stuff, cooking (but i hate cleaning), shopping, bargain hunting, folding laundry...not that i want that to be a hobby, but it is one. i love to just relax and do nothing. I wish i had more time to read but i would read instead of sleep and at this point that's a bad idea!!

My kids hobbies...they dont' have any really yet. Does destroying my house count?? We like swimming, tonight we're going to the splash pad by our house. They're starting to get into movies. Tyler is currently obsessed with Shrek, Jake & the neverland pirates, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Emily is into elmo & bubble guppies. The things you learn after you have kids... I'm hoping to get them into gymnastics and soccer soon, i want them to be around other kids more since they're at home with me most of the time.

A name for our baby...oh geeze. Wellllll, we've more or less narrowed it down to Hunter or Garrett. I'm pretty sure he'll be Garrett but i'm not willing to concede yet. I'm trying to hold out until he's born, but our son is now voting for baby Garrett and unless i can teach emily to say Hunter i'm afraid i'm going to be out numbered. IF either of those were a 5 letter option i'd be sold, but this kid will be the only one in the family with a name that isnt 5 letters. I'm going to just have to get over that. Also,i'd like to note that if this goes his way, my husband has named ALL of our kids. When do i get to name one?!! Probably never!
littlecatlady likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkorblue7 View Post
Hello mommy of the week!
Have you lived in Dallas your whole life?
How many kids do you want or is this the last to complete your family?
How has this pregnancy been treating you and what is one thing you look forward to most about not being pregnant anymore?
I have lived in Dallas for almost all of my life! I was actually born outside of chicago but my dad found out he was going to the FBI academy when i was born and so when he finished that we moved to Dallas. Its very rare for an agent to stay in the same place for so long but my dad worked in the same office for his entire career. He just retired in April, so that's a pretty long time!! LOL We lived in dallas briefly, then moved to a small town about an hour north where i grew up and i now live in a larger suburb about 30 minutes north of dallas between the city (where the jobs are) and my hometown where our parents still live.

I think this is it for us. I'd actually still love another little girl, but i'm pretty sure my husband is getting the V after this baby is born and i'm okay with that. I have my hands full, but if that doesn't happen i wouldn't be a opposed to one later on...maybe. Three is what i said i always wanted.

This pregnancy has been pretty good, but its also been the roughest for me yet. Its just a lot harder to do anything this time around. I think its because i have so much more i have to do. Honestly, i'm looking forward to having a drink! haha I have been pregnant or breastfeeding for almost 3.5 years now. i don't drink much if at all while breastfeeding so i want a freaking cocktail, STAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbert View Post
Hello fellow Texan!

We are thinking about getting a VW too.. for DH to drive back and forth to work. He has a long drive every few weeks.

Cute pictures! Sweet doggy.. I am sure mine will turn into grouches too pretty soon.

* Do you have a song, that no matter where you are if you hear it you want to dance? (sometimes this happens to me at the mall)

* Is there a food you just CAN'T live without?
VW are awesome commuter cars. our Jetta gets over 40mpg highway! People still stop and go WOW, that thing uses diesel?!!

Poor dog is so mistreated. How dare i not let her pee in the house and try to pass off dog food as gourmet cuisine.

Gosh i love music. i'm embarrassing, i love singing songs in public, i don't even care either. So there's probably a LOT of songs i'd do that with.

Food i can't live with out...maybe cheese, just because its in so many of my favorite foods.

July 30th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Oh and as requested here are a few of my favorites that i have taken...these are of my family because i don't want to post others pics in a public forum, even though they are on fb.

Emily

sleeping baby:

one of my all time favorites, ever:

my babies

my son's crazy camo eye:

in our rare texas snow, we had a white christmas:

My hubby dressed up as willie from duck dynasty
L-SBB likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
The pictures you take of your kids are so beautiful! I wish I was better with a camera!

How did I not know that you live in Dallas? I don't go there often anymore, but I used to. That may or may not have been to stalk Mark Salling from Glee, but whatever. I digress.

To the questions!

1. If you could photograph any celebrity for a major publication who would it be and why?

2. A facebook meme pops up in your newsfeed with a picture of an old lady and instructions that tell you to click "LIKE" if you love old people and to keep scrolling if you want grandma to DIE. Your immediate response to this is what?

3. Do you secretly wish you had spaced out your kids a little more? Or do you want to punch people in the throat when they ask you that?

4. Speaking of punching people, you are in a boxing ring with Katy Perry. Who wins?

5. Furby: Adorable and kind of funny or horrible and seizure inducing?

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

July 30th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValyntineG View Post
The pictures you take of your kids are so beautiful! I wish I was better with a camera!

How did I not know that you live in Dallas? I don't go there often anymore, but I used to. That may or may not have been to stalk Mark Salling from Glee, but whatever. I digress.

To the questions!

1. If you could photograph any celebrity for a major publication who would it be and why?

2. A facebook meme pops up in your newsfeed with a picture of an old lady and instructions that tell you to click "LIKE" if you love old people and to keep scrolling if you want grandma to DIE. Your immediate response to this is what?

3. Do you secretly wish you had spaced out your kids a little more? Or do you want to punch people in the throat when they ask you that?

4. Speaking of punching people, you are in a boxing ring with Katy Perry. Who wins?

5. Furby: Adorable and kind of funny or horrible and seizure inducing?
Learning to use my camera is one of the single best things i have done!! I am not always spot on, but knowing what i'm doing helps, a lot.I look back on tyler's pictures when he was a baby, using the same freaking camera, and they're AWFUL!! So when people say it isn't just the camera, i have come to realize that is true.

baby Tyler (not even the worst of what i have by any stretch)

Baby Emily (again not the best, but i wanted something comparable)

Now onto the questions.
1. I really do not know!! Maybe Amanda Bynes right now because she is SUCH train wreck i'd like to see what she'd do.
2.keep scrolling. not because i want my grandma to die, but because i so do not believe i that kind of crap.
3.haha...um both?! LOL Ok, so yes, i do wonder what it would be like if they weren't stacked on top of each other. I have often thought about what it would have been like to have more space between the first two for sure. I feel like we missed out on doing some of the fun "kid" things with tyler because he was still a baby when emily was born. I think, this would be MUCH easier if i only had him, or i'd be able to do more if i only had him. BUT, i would not trade her for anything, so then i feel bad for even thinking it. I also kind of wish i had had a chance to think about a 3rd, but i didn't. We were actually avoiding when i got pregnant this time, so not much i can do there. It's the life we have...not the one we exactly planned for, but a good one just the same
On the other hand, i get that comment A LOT and it does irk me a little. No we didn't plan for them to be this close, but we're still happy and feel very fortunate to have the kids we have. More than anything people just stare at me, but i'm not very confrontational, so let them say whatever they want.
4.haha probably her. i'm not a fighter.
5. furbys are horrible...i thought so when i was 10 (or whatever) and they came out. they're still frightening.

Last edited by jensma; July 30th, 2013 at 12:55 PM.
July 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Katie I didn't know you're in Dallas areas too!! Dying to ask you which hospital you're going to deliver in...but don't answer...I always fear there's some weird stalker who will pop up on here

1) Where is your favorite place to take your kids in DFW area (yes, this is my lazy way both of learning what you do while trolling for good ideas of where to take Savannah lol)?

2) Any bluebonnet pictures you can share, and if yes where do you go to take them? You take lovely photos...wish I was better with camera too...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 30th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
Katie I didn't know you're in Dallas areas too!! Dying to ask you which hospital you're going to deliver in...but don't answer...I always fear there's some weird stalker who will pop up on here

1) Where is your favorite place to take your kids in DFW area (yes, this is my lazy way both of learning what you do while trolling for good ideas of where to take Savannah lol)?

2) Any bluebonnet pictures you can share, and if yes where do you go to take them? You take lovely photos...wish I was better with camera too...
LOL, I'm actually in McKinney, which is big enough that i don't worry about that pinning me down too terribly i hope! AND believe it or not i haven't decided on a hospital yet. I had Tyler at Baylor Frisco and Emily at Med Ctr McKinney...this one may be at another option. I'm not sure yet! haha One of my good friends from Tyler's PR lives just west of frisco, we ended up having our boys on the same day and NEARLY in the same hospital. That would have been crazy!

So....where do we go. I'm still kind of figuring out fun places for kids to go,and at this age its kind of hard. I feel like a lot of places are geared a little older. I have heard fabulous things about the Perot Museum, I'm really wanting to take Tyler to the Ft.Worth Air Show for his birthday in October, we went to the Dallas Zoo, Sea Life Aquarium & Lego Land over spring break. Both sea life and lego land are in Grapevine Mills Mall. I haven't taken them to the dallas aquarium yet but i really want to! We like going to Rangers games & Rough Riders games in Frisco, which are a lot closer. We've been to a few Allen Americans (hockey)games too!

My bluebonnet pics this year came out "okay". By the time i took my kids it was dark out so they're pretty blue and grainy so i was pretty disappointed. Not to mention my kids were OVER being there. The bluebonnets this year were NOT great. There's a good patch in Plano by Frito Lay that a ton of people use. I actually ended up doing mine out at Lake Texoma at the Denison Dam.

July 30th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I don't have another question right now but I wanted to say that I love, love, love your pictures.

And we totally get, "That thing uses diesel?!" all the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search