Ahh! /:

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By ValyntineG
  • 1 Post By 321abc
  • 2 Post By MamaLaurie
  • 1 Post By rebecca0217
  • 2 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By 321abc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 06:14 AM
321abc
I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever. I keep thinking FOR-EV-ER like the boy says it on the sandlot lot. Lol
Anyway, I lost my mucus plug on Sunday and just knew labor would start soon within a day or so. I've walked and walked, bounced on an exercise ball, walked stairs, I've had some good contractions, cramping and back pain but nothing consistent. Felt sick yesterday called my doc to squeeze me in and I have ANOTHER UTI ugh. He didn't check my cervix I'm assuming because I didn't feel well and because I will see him again on Thursday if I don't go into labor before then (yeah right) he did say he thinks I will deliver before I finish my 10 days of ampicillin.
I've had so many contractions that I'm annoyed and I'll probably end up having my baby in the car because I'll never believe it's the real thing lol. I'm really regretting being induced last pregnancy, it's like being a FTM labor wise.
I'm 38.4 days according to my dating scan but I think I'm 39.4.

And I thought she would be here around 37!! Ugh.
All the fears in the beginning of miscarrying or preterm labor due to my placenta and now she doesn't want to come out!! Waaaah!

I'm sorry I just had to rant. Everyone just keeps telling me to just be patient.
Well I'm trying but it isn't always easy
August 20th, 2013, 07:47 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, be patient. Baby will come when baby is ready. I know you've always thought you were further along, but its possible you're not so just give it time. You'll know when it's the real thing.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

August 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM
321abc
I posted on your birth story after I posted this.
I am thankful this I am able to carry her to term and know I am blessed to be able to carry a baby at all.
The end is just hard and it's so easy to feel selfish.
mommyof4plus likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I agree with Brie. My first two babies were induced. With my 3rd I went into labor naturally on my own and I definitely knew I was in labor. I know when we are all getting so big and uncomfortable it feels like we will be this way forever, but even if you end up waiting a couple more weeks it really isn't that long. She'll come when she's ready. Hang in there!
321abc and mommyof4plus like this.
August 20th, 2013, 08:04 AM
321abc
I was kind of being silly, I'm sure I will know. And I am really trying to enjoy the end of my pregnancy and spend some quality time with my toddler I just get moments of discouragement and frustration
August 20th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually had to go in with my second pg because I was having preterm labor. He ended up staying put until his edd. Its really hard to be patient at the end...esp when you are uncomfortable and tired and just excited to meet your baby!
mommyof4plus likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I don't think your thoughts were silly at all. I know I felt pretty much the same way you do, but when labor started I really did know. I also have another UTI, so I feel your pain there. I was feeling pretty good and when the doctors office called Friday and told me I'd need more antibiotics, I was really discouraged. This seems ridiculous to me, I hadn't had a UTI for 20 years until this pregnancy.
August 20th, 2013, 08:40 AM
321abc
I've had several and they are tough to get rid of so they always put
Me on strong antibiotics, therefore I end up with a yeast infection on top of the UTI.
It's been a long road, I know others have had more issues and again I'm so blessed to be able to carry a child at all. I'm just wearing down.
August 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye10 View Post
I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever. I keep thinking FOR-EV-ER like the boy says it on the sandlot lot. Lol
Anyway, I lost my mucus plug on Sunday and just knew labor would start soon within a day or so. I've walked and walked, bounced on an exercise ball, walked stairs, I've had some good contractions, cramping and back pain but nothing consistent. Felt sick yesterday called my doc to squeeze me in and I have ANOTHER UTI ugh. He didn't check my cervix I'm assuming because I didn't feel well and because I will see him again on Thursday if I don't go into labor before then (yeah right) he did say he thinks I will deliver before I finish my 10 days of ampicillin.
I've had so many contractions that I'm annoyed and I'll probably end up having my baby in the car because I'll never believe it's the real thing lol. I'm really regretting being induced last pregnancy, it's like being a FTM labor wise.
I'm 38.4 days according to my dating scan but I think I'm 39.4.

And I thought she would be here around 37!! Ugh.
All the fears in the beginning of miscarrying or preterm labor due to my placenta and now she doesn't want to come out!! Waaaah!

I'm sorry I just had to rant. Everyone just keeps telling me to just be patient.
Well I'm trying but it isn't always easy
Sky, I could have wrote your post myself. Really! I started losing my mucous plug on Friday before my sweep. I have increased my activity so much I am worn out. Yesterday, I had a ice pack on my back because of cramping and back pain. I was also told I was getting a UTI at the hospital on Sunday. Since then, I increased my cranberry supplement intake to what It says on the bottle (2 three times a day) I was only taking about 2 most days) and it has helped ALOT!!!

What you said about having your baby in the car- I feel the same way. That almost happened with DD#2 because me and dh had so many false alarms.

I have an appointment on Friday and I know she will discuss induction. This being my 5th and last baby, I understand. It's hard to hear "be patient" and "she'll come on her own" when 3 of my 4 babies did NOT come on their own. I feel like my body just can't do it naturally. It's just so hard when everyone is having their babies on the August board and already 3 had theirs on the SEPT board!!! I am so happy for them- but, it makes me more frustrated. kwim?

I had pre term labor about 10 weeks ago, LOTS of stuff going on, and thought for sure this baby wouldn't make it this far. But, here I am 4 days away from due date, and will probably be induced a week after. Total BUMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye10 View Post
I've had several and they are tough to get rid of so they always put
Me on strong antibiotics, therefore I end up with a yeast infection on top of the UTI.
It's been a long road, I know others have had more issues and again I'm so blessed to be able to carry a child at all. I'm just wearing down.
My dr. didn't give me antibiotics, she said something about "doing a culture"???? but, even if she did, I wouldn't take them. Cranberry supplements work fine for me.
321abc and mommyof4plus like this.

August 20th, 2013, 09:34 AM
321abc
Every UTI I have had has been nasty. One had me very sick (vomiting, fever, chills, bladder spasms) so they don't mess around.
I'm getting out of my gloomy mood and just trying to enjoy these last few days. She will be here eventually, one way or another.
So will your little one

My doctor looked at my urine under a microscope and he will check it again on Thursday to make sure it was the right antibiotic. That's easier than sending it off for a growth culture. He's been doing this stuff for 35+ years so I trust his judgment and a nasty UTI is not good right before delivery. The nurse that took my sample said she could tell it had bacteria in it just by looking /:
And I drink plenty of water I don't know what the deal is, I keep myself clean down there too obviously. Must just be a weird pregnancy thing
mommyof4plus likes this.
August 21st, 2013, 04:34 AM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Super Mommy
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
May I recommend... stop overworking yourself. Contrary to what some say... all that physical activity will NOT make baby come before baby is ready.. it'll just wear you out! At least that is my belief. And Braxton hicks are common in the last months... shoot I was having them just the other day... all day on & off.. such a tease.. but that's all it is.. just a tease. The real thing will happen, I promise. I felt that way with my first. I went 3 days overdue with him and was convinced by that time that he would NEVER come out.. then got woken up one morning with contractions.. the true thing... it was like Christmas morning. Just think.. it'll be worth the wait when it does happen. But I know it's hard waiting. I think we are all there with you in wanting to have these babies TODAY! lol.. I am finding some solace in counting down every day

This is baby number 6! She has 5 siblings including...
Coby 2/18/02, Rachelle 12/22/04, Shaylee 7/7/07, Kacia 11/11/08, & Hope 08/26/13

Grace is due 2/28/15!
August 21st, 2013, 06:13 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I just wanted to send some . You're almost there, mama!

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
August 21st, 2013, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Big hugs! Just take solace from me...I am barely 34 weeks and I already feel like I am counting the days...I actually have 6 freaking weeks for my due date

August 21st, 2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof4plus View Post
May I recommend... stop overworking yourself. Contrary to what some say... all that physical activity will NOT make baby come before baby is ready..
I completely agree with this. Actually reminded me of something funny I did with my 2nd. He was already 5 days overdue, so I loaded up my husband in the wheelbarrow and wheeled him all around the yard. You can imagine the goofy looks we got from all the neighbors driving by! Then I cleaned my house like crazy and absolutely nothing happened. Ended up being induced about 4 days later. When I think about it the ones where I relaxed more are the ones that I ended up going into labor on my own.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search