Busy weekend

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At this point I am anxious. My emotions are all over and I have been OCDing it up around the house. The weekend was insane!! I have mentioned it before how I was co-hosting a baby shower for a friend on Saturday-the party turned out great, it was just a lot of work and stress because my co-host was not the most helpful. She means well but isn't very experienced. We had agreed on a time to meet at the venue and I called 25 minutes before we were supposed to meet (we aren't far from it) and she was in the shower. She Calls me 7 minutes after we are supposed to be up there and she is just pulling out of her house. So she was late and once she got up there I noticed she hadn't finished making some of the decorations I had given her to to 4 days before (just a few of those tissue paper poms-all she had to do was cut the tips and fluff them up!!) and then she kept asking me what she should do and where things should go all the while I am trying to set up all the food, drinks and servingware in the kitchen and the game table. She did try to do more during the party like walk around and get words for the madlib and have ppl measure out lengths of ribbon for the measuring thing. She also helped at times giving the guest of honor her gifts but even in the middle of that she disappeared for a bit and being as pg as I am I can't sit on a hard wood floor and lift stuff plus I was taking pictures the whole time. After the shower had calmed down ppl started helping clean up, like my Grandmother, my MIL, our friends Mom and even our friend herself (despite me telling her to sit down) It went on like this for like 15 minutes and I notice that my co-host is sitting around talking and not helping. Finally after getting tired of waiting for her to realize that our guests were being more helpful that she was, I called her over and asked her to get all her Mom's decorations put together so they didn't get sent home with the wrong person. My grandmother was irritated too apparently because she told DH all about it when we got back. I don't mind working hard, but if you are going to offer to co-host something you need to actually do it!!! Ugh. Anyways, it did turn out great. All the decorations looked nice, the cupcakes were amazing and everyone asked me if I bought them because they were that good. The guests who won games loved the prizes and with the help from the Mom's the place got cleaned up pretty quick and I had lots of hands loading my car up with stuff. The Mommy-to-be was very happy and thanked me profusely and when I got home I got to get in my pool for a bit. I will post a couple of pictures soon!!
For the rest of the week all I want to do is keep my house clean, see the midwife tomorrow, get a hair cut and spray tan and that is it. No parties, no get togethers...just relaxing and waiting for baby to pop out
August 20th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Super Mommy
Ugh! Why do people offer to help only to do nothing! That is one of my biggest pet peeves! I'm glad that there were people there to help you if not the person who volunteered - the last thing you need to do at this point is deal with an entire shower by yourself!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search