Different

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 03:04 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What is something you know you do differently than most people?

August 25th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I let Arthur sleep on his tummy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
August 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
A lot of things! Babywearing, cosleeping, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, and we let Henry sleep on his tummy sometimes too. When it comes to stuff later, I plan to EBF for 6 months and BF past a year. I also do extended rear facing for carseats. Basically I do the exact opposite of what my sister does!
momneedscoffee13 likes this.

August 25th, 2013, 06:19 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on making Morgan's baby food.

August 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I let Ariana sleep on her tummy, most people don't but both my kids love sleeping on their tummy.

August 26th, 2013, 12:20 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
Both DS & Giana are tummy sleepers, have been pretty much from day one. When Gia was in the NICU, they actually had her sleeping on her belly as well. At first I was kinda shocked cause I thought it was a parental cardinal sin but was told it helped her breathe better. Something about it making her breathe deeper & take in more oxygen (they were working on stabilizing her sat levels at the time). That pretty much put me at ease about the whole tummy sleeping thing...and also the fact she could hold and turn her head really early.

I also nursed...and in my fam, thats def different. I pumped for DS but actually BF'ing with Gia and being successful with it was an awesome surprise.

August 28th, 2013, 04:34 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How I hang my clothes in my closet. Does that count? I started putting the hangers in backwards so Jocelyn wouldn't rip my clothes down and it kind of stuck after that. I also organize them not by color but by season, lol.

As far as baby stuff goes, I am the only one in my family that has cloth diapered.
sunnydaze likes this.

August 28th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh boy! Um, definitely breastfeeding, exclusively pumping, baby wearing, cloth diapering..........I slack off on housework a lot in favor of going to the park, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

August 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Different from people I know. Cloth diapering, baby wearing as far as baby stuff. The way I say things...dh makes fun of me bc the way I say hammock, salsa and others I swear I'm right and he is wrong!

August 29th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Mostly breastfeeding, baby wearing and using cloth diapers. I did get my cousin into using cloth on their daughter who is their first I only had one friend that BF'd besides me.

August 29th, 2013, 07:16 PM
momneedscoffee13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Yahoo to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Skype™ to momneedscoffee13
Yup, cloth diapering, extended rear facing - Connor is 3.3 and still rides "backwards"! extended breast feeding, Connor weaned after I got pregnant, he was 2.5, baby wearing, baby led weaning.

August 30th, 2013, 11:38 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've breastfed for longer than any of my friends with children. Also baby wearing and letting McKinley sleep in bed with me are definitely things that are different in this area.

As far as other stuff goes, I let my older kids bathe together still (I get a lot of grief for that one since they are 6 and almost-3 and are of opposite genders). I keep my movies alphabetized and separated by DVD vs bluray. And then further separated by kid vs adult. Also, I don't wear underwear unless its that time of the month

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search