I will never be THAT mom...

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2013, 07:13 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Have you done anything since having kids that you swore you would never do?

September 8th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know of any particular thing that I swore I'd never do. Maybe beat my kid or something? Still never done that. I did have weird notions of like "I bet that kid is only having a tantrum because of bad parenting" or "my kids would never throw food on the floor, I'll let them know that's not okay" that just seem so hopelessly naive to me now that it's hilarious I ever even thought them

September 8th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I swore I would never let Arthur sleep in bed with us. That went out the window after 2 weeks.
MamaSkunk and Kim3 like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
September 9th, 2013, 04:15 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cloth diapering and baby wearing
September 9th, 2013, 05:45 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Sleeping in the bed. Henry is the second baby to sleep with us. I also swore I would never be that mom in the store with a kid throwing a tantrum. It's definitely happened
Kim3 likes this.

September 9th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would never hold my kid for a whole nap.. Yeah that's gone now. It's the only way he will nap most days..
Kim3 likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
September 9th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Breast feed in public. That went right out the window when I didn't realize I'd be confined to the house 24/7 if I didn't. Plus I have an all new respect and love for breast feeding all together!!
September 9th, 2013, 10:18 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's a personal bit....

Backstory:

My SIL is a stay at home mom. My brother is a contract computer engineer for the state of North Carolina and EASILY pulls in mid 6 figures a year. They have a huge, beautiful home in an upscale community.

SIL (aka Brandy) absolutely INSISTS on beginning potty training her child at 12 months. So she justs lets them be naked the whole day running around and she doesn't pay attention. So yeah, there is poop and pee EVERYWHERE in that house. The carpet is so unbelievably gross, I don't dare take off my shoes. I mean, their beautiful expensive couches smell like urine because of it. It is absolutely disgusting.

They have 3 boys. They have replaced the carpet twice already, after each child is finished potty training. Their house is less than 5 years old. She is currently potty training my youngest nephew who is 14 months. And he is so not ready so again, just poop and pee everywhere. I feel so horrible for my brother.

So yes, I will never do that. Diapers are frickin' expensive, but surely not as expensive as replacing 5000 sq feet of carpet 3 times in 5 years.

Okay rant over.

September 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Ew Valerie! That's gross

September 9th, 2013, 03:26 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sleeping with Morgan. She doesn't sleep in bed with us but if she wakes up in the night we usually end up both sleeping on the couch. It is such a wonderful bonding time, second only to BFing.

September 9th, 2013, 09:04 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
omg, I don't have time to list it all. And it's a totally different list from what it would have been 10 years or so ago, when I only had 3 or 4 kids.

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search