Tiny-nesting!

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By jennyrae03
  • 2 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 1 Post By Wanta.number2
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've decided to perfect the art of tiny-nesting. Instead of doing a bunch all at once, I will just do a few tiny things at a time.

Today I put away the 3 baskets of laundry that had been sitting in our dining room for 2 weeks.

I also packed my hospital bag - I might repack it though. I don't feel satisfied with the clothing that I picked out for myself. I'm just not sure what I'm going to want to wear while lounging around the hospital, or on the way home? I packed a pair of leggings, a pair of yoga pants, two tank tops, two t-shirts, and some undies that I won't mind ruining. I am still waiting on the nursing bras that I ordered. I feel like the clothes that I packed look pretty slummy, and maybe I should pack something a little nicer? I don't know lol

I feel satisfied with my tiny-birdness today. This is me, all tiny and nesty:

October 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the pic, that's adorable!

And yay for tiny nesting! Doing a little at a time is best anyway so you don't wear yourself out. The clothes you packed sound like what I packed. I know I won't care to wear anything nicer than yoga pants and t shirts. It's all about comfort at that point.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

October 1st, 2013, 06:32 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea best to nest when you can and not get overwhelmed. And thanks for reminding me to pack undies in my bag- totally forgot that one!!
Druslady96 and jennyrae03 like this.
October 1st, 2013, 06:41 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
I was just telling myself this earlier today when I was feeling overwhelmed with my list of "to-dos"... so I washed the dishes that haven't gotten done in a couple days. I mean they are rinsed and not all nasty in the sink but I'd only done a couple and then I would say I'll do them later... and I started the clothes that haven't been washed in a few days. Gonna work on finishing laundry and then tomorrow tackle my room and bag and maybe clean out the closet. YAY for "Tiny-Nesting"! Speaking of undies... I'm having a hard time deciding what kind to pack. The maternity ones I bought are under belly ones.... but if I end up with a c-section I'm thinking those won't be comfy? The rest I'm thinking will be too tight in that area? Guess I need to buy some big ol' granny panties. LoL..

October 2nd, 2013, 05:35 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like this idea, tiny nesting! Maybe today I'll start packing my bags.

October 2nd, 2013, 06:41 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Tiny nesting is definitely the best. That way you don't get too worn out. You go back to normal working hours this week though don't you? I thought I remembered you saying something about Oct 6th or something?

I packed yoga pants and a tee shirt. I really don't care how I look when it is time to come home. I just want to be comfortable. I did pack a nursing bra, but as for undies, my hosp gives you the big mesh ones and to me those are so much more comfortable and I don't care if they get ruined.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
October 2nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my nonpregnant self came up with a plan somewhat similar to this right after having my second baby, to get myself on track and keep my house clean without overwhelming myself.
it is based on laundry and I clean the room that goes with the laundry I wash.
Monday-DS laundry and bedroom
Tuesday-towels and a bathroom
Wednesday- We (as in DH and I's laundry) and bedroom
Thursday-catch up or get ahead day
Friday-DD's laundry and bedroom
Saturday-sheets (if needed)
Sunday-day off.

and I have a list of daily d's to keep the common areas clean.
Dirty Floors
Dirty dishes
Dirty countertops
Can't sweep the floors unless they are clean, and if I do the dishes every day they are not so overwhelming to do.

anyway, DH left and I was almost on track last week, but put off some of it until he left to be able to spend extra time with him. so this week I'm back to doing it... but since he left I'm getting very little sleep so I feel like even my light duty list is REALLY hard to accomplish...
I should also add that normally I wont deep clean those rooms until they really need it, but this week I'm deep cleaning all of them and throwing out and donating anything we wont want to pack with us... so that too has me a bit worn out.
October 2nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I wish I could tiny-nest. I hate being such a clean freak, its flipping exhausting. Its what put me into labor with DS. Then slap nesting on top of that, ha! DH gets MAD. He will literally pick me up and set me on the couch. Which is where I pout and wait for him to leave or go to bed so I can finish up, lol

I should probably pack my bag today. Gage's bag and his car seat is already in the car.
ILoveStorm2011 likes this.
October 2nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Thats a good idea Maybe if i had done that i would have a clean room right now haha
I will say that i had packed a dress but once i got done practcally showing my boobs to everyone (trying to bf ) i gave up and went home in pjs that had holes in them.
jennyrae03 likes this.
October 2nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I had a wonderful schedule like that when I was a SAHM. Unfortunately I now have to pretty much do all of my cleaning on the weekends along with soccer, grocery shopping, trying to spend time with the family, etc.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
October 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
I had a wonderful schedule like that when I was a SAHM. Unfortunately I now have to pretty much do all of my cleaning on the weekends along with soccer, grocery shopping, trying to spend time with the family, etc.
I would NEVER be able to keep house and work at the same time... I feel for all those who are working mamas... I have no idea how you keep your lives organized...
October 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Agreed!
October 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmehaffey View Post
I would NEVER be able to keep house and work at the same time... I feel for all those who are working mamas... I have no idea how you keep your lives organized...
It's not so much organized...it's organized chaos!

My house is messy.... I try to get through what I can and have the boys help, but without the energy or stamina right now things are definitely getting messy.... I am also trying to little bits at a time.
October 2nd, 2013, 03:02 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
Tiny nesting is definitely the best. That way you don't get too worn out. You go back to normal working hours this week though don't you? I thought I remembered you saying something about Oct 6th or something?
Yep, Jamie I work tonight, am off for a couple days, work 11pm-7am again on Saturday night and then am back to my regular schedule on the 6th. Thank goodness! Although of course, I FINALLY got used to working night shift and am able to sleep well during the day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanta.number2 View Post
I wish I could tiny-nest. I hate being such a clean freak, its flipping exhausting. Its what put me into labor with DS. Then slap nesting on top of that, ha! DH gets MAD. He will literally pick me up and set me on the couch. Which is where I pout and wait for him to leave or go to bed so I can finish up, lol
LOL! This is cute! And I used to be a super clean freak too, until I got pregnant. Then it all went out the window. Like Samantha, I used to have a schedule of what I would clean each day, and my house was perpetually in a state of cleanliness. It's not awful now, by any means, but I don't DEEP clean it like I used to. I think part of it has to do with my wonky work schedule too though. Last year I was working 3pm-11pm, so I would use a good part of my morning each day doing chores. This year I have been working noon-8pm, midnights, and other random hours, so it's hard for me to really keep a schedule.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search