So... maybe I should...

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By outtheblue
  • 1 Post By HappyBabyB
  • 2 Post By slp2012
  • 1 Post By slp2012

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2013, 07:41 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Start seriously preparing for this baby. Not that I haven't been, but I have had SEVERAL people tell me over the past few days that they think I'm going to go early. And I've always thought I'd have it in October.... maybe it's nothing, but it's gotten me thinking. Yesterday at Ulta the girl checking me out asked if I had my hospital bag packed and she's like, "Well, you should." :/ So.... think that may be on my to do list this week.

It's getting so real you guys... I'm excited, but nervous. I really want to have a positive birth experience, adn I visualize it going well, but then a little doubt creeps in. I'm trying to stay positive, but ... this is kind of scary!
October 7th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Veteran
Even after my hospital stay I have nothing packed. Deep breath it will all get done
October 7th, 2013, 07:51 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way as you, excited and scared. I feel like I'm going to go late, which is why I've put off doing a lot, I think. And maybe denial that this is really happening, haha. I *do* want to get the hospital bag packed this week though, just in case.

Liam - age 3 (Nov 2013 DDC)
October 7th, 2013, 07:54 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same stress as you, we just have to remember it will all work out the way it is supposed to.

Maybe pack your bag so you feel a tiny bit better? I really need to get on that too!

October 7th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am just shooting to be ready for 36 weeks and I think that makes sense. At that point they'll just let you pop that kid out. Before that, who knows
October 7th, 2013, 08:06 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having my 35 week appointment tomorrow and have been waiting for tomorrow to hear from OB how its coming along- I am really set on having baby early November so hope it doesn't surprise me as my hospital bag is half packed.. Has items all over the place!
October 7th, 2013, 08:25 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel ready but not ready at the same time. It's strange. I started putting my bag together a little bit over the weekend. I have some travel size bath stuff and some pads and a couple other things. I want to get my breast pump in order in case I need it and I want to get whatever I want to bring for baby together.

Gah!
hotpinkheels and AmyKC12 like this.

It's a boy!!!

October 7th, 2013, 09:13 AM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why do people think you are going to go early? Did you drop?

But I feel the same way you do. I just have no energy. I am SO tired. I think that is why I am not getting more done. I have to fix that!! I think I am partly in denial too....like...I'm not REALLY having a baby in five and a half weeks....
October 7th, 2013, 09:23 AM
No, baby hasn't dropped as far as I know. Just what everyone says.
October 7th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I threw things in a duffle bag when I thought I was going to have to spend weeks in a hospital. Of course, it's stuff I use so I have to restock it but it's not stressing me. Anything I need for the babies my mom can bring when they get me out of the hospital.

But you're a heckuva lot closer to going than I am so you do need to hop to. We had a VERY busy weekend with moms in your date range.

Introducing the Minis

October 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I still need to preregister! I guess it's 4th kid syndrome that I am not too worried about baby stuff getting done, just lots of other stuff around the house I need to get done!
October 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I am going to go early necessarily, I just like to be overly prepared. That's just how I am! The more prepared I feel the calmer I am when going into a situation that is unknown to me or that I am nervous about.
ducksaresnazzy likes this.

It's a boy!!!

October 7th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I'm going to be re-packing my bag tomorrow night before my version again, juuuust in case. I've bought some travel sized stuff but a lot of things I want to bring I use every day! So that's hard.

It will be interesting to see when you actually have that baby! Early or late or right on time! Maybe you'll get checked at your next appt. to see if you started dialating at all...though that didn't seem to mean too much with my 1st pregnancy. >_>

Working on baking baby #3!
October 7th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm horrible with getting a bag together lol. But Omg with these babies popping out now its getting real!
Baby #6 due in April
October 7th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH was just telling me that we need to pack a bag. Went so far as to take a pic of my bathroom drawer so he would know what things to bring if asked as I use them daily. Usually I'm telling him between contractions what to get.

October 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Nicole- I'm wondering if she will check me on Wednesday or not... I'm not sure if she's big on checks or not, and on my birth plan I put minimal checks so... we'll see! I'd be curious to know where I'm at and to see if I progress prior to birth since I'm taking that herbal tonic....
October 7th, 2013, 08:01 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first pregnancy, I was so nervous about everything and wanted to be ready way ahead of time. I have to say I'm not really worried about having my bag packed because I could honestly do it in 5 minutes if I need to in case of early labor! In the end, things work out just fine.

DS #1 born in 2006, DS #2 born in 2010, DS #3 born in 2013.
Expecting April 2016!

October 7th, 2013, 08:06 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm packing my bag after a few more weeks.. maybe in two more? i plan on bringing a lot of things i sue every day. i have so many pajamas i could spare a few for the bag so i at least have some of it packed, but the rest we'll have to throw together when it's closer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search