So sad and scared :( Update post 18

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2013, 07:59 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great news! So happy she's on the mend !!!

October 25th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome news! So glad she's doing better!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
October 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great update! I'm so happy to see that she is getting better. That had to be scary!
October 25th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
So glad she's feeling better!
October 25th, 2013, 12:17 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Woo hoo! That is fantastic news! My heart is bursting with joy for you! I know how scary it must have been - we went through it this summer. It was the final straw that led us to the decision to go ahead and get him ear tubes (this was his 8th infection since the previous September when school started). Since he got his tubes, he has had a few colds but no ear infections! Ear infections are awful and surprisingly can wreak havoc on the little ones. Thank goodness Jo is ok!
October 25th, 2013, 02:06 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Misty, they always tell me that the bag way is never accurate--that to know for sure they have to cath them. I guess germs from the diaper area can contaminate the urine and give false readings? Annoying!

Ashlee, just wondering how your baby girl is doing! I hope she's starting to feel better.
All I'll say about it is if they clean the area properly before placing the bag, just like an adult would do to give a urine sample, it works perfectly fine. The ONLY reason to cath a child as the first option is to hurry the process up so they don't have to wait on them to pee on their own. In 11 years of nursing, the last 5 of which have been ER, I've only ever had to cath an infant once that was just too dehydrated to urinate. Obviously different places have different policies, but just wanted to throw it out there as an option if anyone else ever has to go through that, though I sure hope not!

Glad Jo is doing better!! I imagine you let out a big sigh of relief at that office when they saw the improvement.

October 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Ashlee! I'm so glad to hear that she's feeling better!!

Misty---That's what I figured, just cleanse the area, and you're good. But every time I talk to a health professional---whether it was at the ER or in the doc's office, they always tell me to get a clear result you have to cath. Drives me nuts.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 25th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear that she is going to be ok! That is so scary. James used to get massive chronic earaches and it was awful. Thankfully he did grow out of that. Strep has been going around here like crazy, my throat was so sore last night that I thought I was getting it and was petrified Sophia would if I do, but it went away after I got up this morning so hopefully we've dodged it. Sorry you had to go through that, there is nothing worse than your child not being well!
October 25th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Memi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad she's feeling better. I can only imagine how hard that initial appointment was for you both
Expecting #3 in January 2016!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search