beat the frump

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cccbb61013

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2014, 11:34 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
So, who has gotten the post baby haircut already? I had long hair pregnant, maybe past the middle of my back. I cut it in October but it grows fast and is already back at my breast level.. so since I've had the hair for a while, and baby is grabbing it already, I figured I'd get a spring cut and freshen it up a bit. Maybe a lob or a choppy something or other.. the best pics I found were of Alexa Chung and Jessica Alba.. that dark, longer short hair cut. I'm trying to buy better clothes to help flatter my body and feel like a shorter hair cut would look more polished, since I don't have time to curl my long locks at the moment. Now if I could only get a weekly mani pedi (something I never did before, btw) because with all the diaper changes and everything, I am washing my hands a ton and I could use some pampering! I don't want to have two catchers mitts for hands. I also might for the second time get my eyebrows waxed b/c I can't keep up with plucking.

I know I'm not the only one with this post baby frumpy feeling - what are you doing to get ahead of it? We don't want to turn into

January 18th, 2014, 11:51 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I did but I just got my hair dyed black and pink and my eyebrows done
I was sooo frumpy. I had dyed my hair before finding out I was preggo and waited so long that I actually had ombre hair...so I just went with that for a lonnnggg time.
January 18th, 2014, 01:08 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel ya, my hair is almost to my waist and it's starting to feel ratty. I also did pedi's on a regular basis and haven't had one since before baby arrived, I wear sweats all the time. I'm starting to feel pretty frumpy. I use to always wear makeup, now I'm lucky to wash my face. I use be critical of woman that "let themselves go" after having a baby, now I can relate
January 18th, 2014, 02:45 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a cut and color scheduled for the end of the month! I too have been feeling frumpy. Frumpy and/or like a college student studying for finals. I'm always in jeans and a hoodie, and my hair is always pulled up in a bun because between baby tugging on it and it all falling out post-birth, I'm about fed up with it! I scheduled myself for a cut, but I'm not sure what I want done...

Last edited by jennyrae03; January 18th, 2014 at 05:21 PM.
January 18th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I've been wanting to get it done. It's just finding the time. I told DH I wanted my hair the color it was before I had ever been pregnant. It used to be a light auburn, now it's a fairly dark auburn.
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
January 18th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Veteran
I love the "lob" look! I wish I was brave enough to do it but my hair just grows too slow. Right now it is all the same length and almost touches my belly button in the front, it is very long. It is a major pain though. It takes forever to brush it and dry it, and it does get in the way when I am nursing so I usually keep it up. I have thought about cutting it but I know later down the road I would miss my long hair. I think I am going to add some shorter layers to add some character and get rid of some hair.
January 18th, 2014, 04:41 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a cut back the week before Jude was born so I'm planning on getting a trim and color sometime next month. I want to grow it out so not too drastic.

My sister got me a mani/pedi for Christmas so while my mani is gone, my toes still look good.

I pluck my eyebrows weekly so that's much of an issue. I would love to get a brazilian sometime though!

As far as clothes go, I'm comfortable in them... I've got the spare tire thing going on so I think it I can just work on that I'll feel a lot better about it.

I have a massage that DH got me LAST Christmas.... as in Christmas 2012 and still haven't used it... whoops. So one of these weekends I WILL get to it

January 18th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Leah
I desperately need my hair done. I've been dying it myself, but I'd love to change it up with some highlights - though I'm afraid of not keeping up with them. I am keeping my hair up most of the time, but I'm hesitant to chop it. It's about to my waist and I've kept it no shorter than the bottom of my shoulder blades for years now, so I'm attached. My security blanket I guess. I am getting the brows back in shape.

I did go buy a couple pairs of my new size skinny jeans on the cheap and I've been wearing them with some ah-mah-zing boots I got for Christmas. I do feel better when dressed better.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
January 18th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hair is gross, long and always in a ponytail. I think I will dye it a a shade darker this week to give it a boost. I polished my nails last week. I have been wearing leggings, sweaters and knee high garden boots (We live in a farming area so this is typical). My butt is the only thing I feel like showing off right now so that outfit works for me.

Expecting a baby girl Nov 4, 2015
Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mama!
January 18th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Even before baby I only did my hair once or twice a year, but I suppose I'm due soon. I am not a big girlie girl so all this stuff eludes me. Having said that, I should get my eyebrows done. I work in an office, so I'm enjoying jeans and sweaters every day. I feel like I'm keeping it together ok and even wear makeup every now and then. I love the natural look though. Might get my hair cut just to get the last of my old hair dye colour out. It's only a small difference in he shade, but would be nice to have my natural hair colour all over for the first time since I was 13!! I have been working out so I guess that's my thing. Three times a week either rowing or ballet class. I'm feeling pretty good about that
January 18th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Super Mommy
I have to color my hair regularly because unfortunately, if I don't, it's gray. Full on. Yuck. So I get it colored every 5 weeks or so. I started getting highlight too this past year since it's brown. I want to get highlights to lighten up my face a bit and keep me from looking too old. I did get several new clothes, although I feel fat. I have the muffin top. Ugh. Some of my tops disguise it though and my legs are fine, so I've been wearing skinny jeans with boots and a top that doesn't look to bad. I love wearing my boots. I've been wearing makeup since I went back to work and trying to remember to wear jewelry too. My latest pick me up is scarves. I found three today on sale at Sears for 2.79!
January 18th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I started weight watchers two days ago (4 lbs down baby!). I know how to lose weight, I just find it easier being held accountable by tracking my points & I like how they count the calories for me. Anyway, I'm not doing anything until summer. I've been growing my hair out & I calculated about a year & 1/2 ago that this summer it will be the length I once had it (looked amazing on pictures but I cut it like a fool b/c I get bored easily). My goal is to lose close to 30lbs by June but I will be happy with anything over 15. So I'm hoping for a new body, long hair, highlights which I haven't gotten in a year or two, tan & teeth whitening. I felt so frumpy at the beach last year all white & burnt & love handled b/c I took forever to have a cute bump. My sister in law (who had a baby 10/14/12) showed up with a beautiful tan & tight, toned body. Found out later she was having an affair lol. But I want to look that good this year. No affair tho!
soul_donut likes this.

January 19th, 2014, 08:32 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Oh man, I am a mess. I cut my own hair and gave myself layers in November. I also went from blonde to brown for the 2nd time in my life. I still just wear it in a pony or bun though. I have no time for hair with a 3yo and a cranky baby. I barely get to shower daily.

I'm probably going to go back to blonde when I can afford to get it professionally done. I hate the brown (and I knew I would.... not sure why I did it)

My mom got me a mani/pedi gift card for xmas and I have an appt next week. I am soooo excited for the pedicure. It's been way too long.

As far a clothes, I fit in NOTHING. I've been living in sweats :/ Talk about frump! I was 115 when I got preggo and I'm 145 right now. I am soooooo hungry breast feeding I just cannot lose any of it! Blah. DH brought the treadmill up from the basement for me and I've started using that so hopefully I start seeing some changes.

I'm thankful that its winter and not bathing suit weather! I would gross people out, seriously!

January 19th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Proud mommy!
I got my haircut yesterday for the first time in a year! It was my birthday present from my mom. I added some layers and cut about 2 inches off. Now it is mid way down my back. I think I want to color it a dark brown or auburn. I am definitely feeling frumpy right now!

January 19th, 2014, 01:54 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Lol, the affair diet. I just prepped a fridge full of organic vegetables - I am drinking the Kool-Aid so to speak and hoping that being more conscious of what I put into my body will keep me healthier and feeling and looking better.

Oh yeah and sexy boots always make everything better!!
January 19th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Leah
Now I want Kool-Aid....Red Kool-Aid.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
January 19th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an appointment on the 27th to get my hair done, I am going completely different, I can't wait, it's time for change.

January 19th, 2014, 08:11 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I really need to take control of how I feel. I started weight watchers again in December and am down 11lbs now, but I need to lose a lot more than that. I have 5lbs to my pre-pregnancy weight but I feel so much bigger. I am still in my maternity clothes. Yuck. Almost in my normal stuff though. I can't wait to wear normal jeans again.

I don't do the greatest at keeping up with my eyebrows and stuff. i just did them the other day though.

I really want a hair cut and colour (I really want to get bangs, I need a change) , but we live so far away from a salon and I am nervous to leave the baby for that long. Since DH has pretty well looked after our toddler and me the baby she doesn't settle well (ok, at all) for him.

I think I look ok sometimes, but I need to find the time to start working out again. It will boost the weight loss too. I put on make up once in a while when I go out, but I need to work on beating the frump, big time!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 19th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got my hair done for my bday I got a blunt bob and highlights. I'm slowly going back to blonde. Since it's shorter though i totally feel like it's the "mommy cut". I really love Alexa Chungs hair though I think that look would look great on you.
January 20th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hair cut will be happening very soon!
My hair is falling out (normal postpardum stuff) and I'm tired of finding my long hairs every where.

I did do my finger nails and toes this week. Woot!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search