9 month check-up

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 4 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By Elly M.
  • 3 Post By kurly
  • 3 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 2 Post By Kenzie
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved
  • 2 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2014, 10:43 AM
Super Mommy
We saw the doctor this morning. Wyatt weighs 22.5 pounds and is 29 inches. I talked to the doctor about my concerns about Wyatt always being hungry and never satisfied, and he told me to not worry about it because babies won't 'over eat' and if he wants more- give it to him! Sooooooo, after he wakes up from his nap- I'm off to the store to load up on more food!

January 23rd, 2014, 10:58 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome eater! Avery had her 9 month check up yesterday. 16 lbs 4 oz and 26". She's still barely on the charts, but she's on there. Wyatt looks so handsome sitting straight up like a little man.
kurly likes this.

January 23rd, 2014, 12:15 PM
May 2013 Cohost
He is so adorable! Sounds like a great appointment! No shots, right?
kurly likes this.
January 23rd, 2014, 02:30 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So handsome! At Chase's last dr appt, I brought up my concern about how he seems to always want to eat also, and his dr said the same as yours however I noticed in the past two weeks he is eating less and less. I'm sure it's because now that he is really moving around and getting into things, he has other things to think about. What kinds of things are you feeding Wyatt? Have you moved on to the Gerber puffs and things like that yet? Wyatt and Chase are so close in size, also! Chase is also 29"
kurly likes this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

January 23rd, 2014, 04:16 PM
Super Mommy
Misty- Avery is tiny!! I can't imagine what having a small child is like, lol.

Kary- nope, no shots this time. But he will need six at the 12 month one. My doctor wants to split them up in two different days.

Elly- yeah, I was really worried because he cried/whined after every meal/bottle for more, but I felt like it was enough. He was eating two 8oz bottles, one 6oz bottle, and 3 stage three jars of food each day. And he would have bites of my dinner because -heaven forbid- someone was eating and he was NOT!!! I have given him the puffs and rice risks, and yogurt bits, but tried not to too often because I didn't want him to get used to snacking all day.....I have a food complex because I used to be super overweight and so I'm trying to not let that happen with Wyatt. But the doctor explained that Wyatt won't over eat, and as long as I am feeding him good foods he will be fine no matter how much he wants to eat. Sooooooo, I'm gunna relax and just feed my kid, lol. I picked up beans and Mac 'N Cheese and fresh fruits (bananas, peaches) and will do scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, baked potatoes. I know he CAN eat all those foods due to the bites of my dinners he's had. He's actually even had tiny bites of my chicken! Never thought feeding would be my toughest issue with him! I'm happy to hear Chase is about the same size. It makes me feel like Wyatt is not so out there.
January 23rd, 2014, 04:32 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So handsome! I love how they write his name on the paper!
kurly, rheaimedved and Mrsbowbin like this.

January 23rd, 2014, 09:52 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
He is adorable!! I'm glad his appt went so well!

I agree, a baby will not overeat at this stage. My middle guy was close in size. I think he was 24lbs, 30" at 9 months (not exact, but close). He loved to eat. And he still does. He is not overweight at all. He is a sizable kid, for sure, but he also eats so healthy and LOVES to try new things. He just had half a bag of snow peas today...first time he has had them. He loves asparagus, black olives, all cheeses (even the yucky ones!), and tons of fruits that I don't really even like. Wyatt just sounds like a "foodie." We call Kieran our foodie. It's actually MUCH preferable to my older son, who is crazy picky and eats like a bird (and is similar in percentiles to his younger brother who eats everything...so I don't think it's much about over eating at this stage, they take what they need). So let that guy enjoy his new found love of food. It will probably help him develop a very healthy sense of eating and food.
kurly likes this.
January 23rd, 2014, 10:12 PM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
We took Carter in this week and he is 18 pounds 5 ounces and 30.5 inches long!!
kurly and Mrsbowbin like this.
January 24th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
all cheeses (even the yucky ones!)
There are "yucky" cheeses?!

He's just a little heavier than Misha at 6 months! Although I don't think he's grown a ton since then, so they're almost the same size. Our neighbors have a granddaughter who is so so tiny, and she is adorable! But Misha looks like a monster next to her (he's also 6 months older, but this baby is legitimately teeny tiny. Official term.)

I also love how they wrote his name on the paper! Cute. I'm glad your doctor isn't trying to give you a complex about your baby being overweight! He's not, obviously. I think it's smart of you to be concerned if weight has been an issue for you in the past, but since it's a thing of the past I think Wyatt has good odds of healthy lifestyle choices in his childhood, so good for you!
ashj_1218 and kurly like this.
January 24th, 2014, 10:27 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Haha. YES!! I am not a cheese person and the stinky ones just about do me in! Lol. Hubby loves all cheese, so he holds your belief that there are no yucky cheeses. Me...gag
kurly and rheaimedved like this.
January 24th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks girls! It will be nice to relax and focus on feeding him lots of good foods rather then worry about every bite. I like the "foodie" name- that's cute!

And yeah- that was our new nurse who wrote that message on the paper before we got to the room. I loved it so I took a picture.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search