Has this baby changed how you feel

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By cooper1414
  • 1 Post By anothermother
  • 2 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2014, 07:42 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
About having more babies?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 25th, 2014, 09:01 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope not at all! He is our first, and we want at least one more, possibly two. He's such a good baby though. If he weren't, my opinion might be different lol

January 25th, 2014, 09:21 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I soooo wish I could say we are done, but that has very little to do with Dawsyn. She has been pretty easy and laid back so far. I have other projects and ambitions that I want to focus on though other than childbearing. I have been a SAHM for 3 years now (though for the past 1 year before Dawsyn worked 1 day per week and have been studying for my masters) and I am so ready to change my focus and begin working 3 days per week and get my professional practice licence. And get back to being Rachel and not just mommy.

That being said, when I think deep down about the family life we want, more children are definitely part of that equation. They are oh so much work, but the payoff is so worth it. And DH wants to try for a boy. I guess we will see if Dawsyn continues to be an easy baby before we make any final decisions.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 25th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought two or three but now I think definitely two. It has a bit to do with H. He is super high needs and I don't know what I would do with a baby that is this needy along with two others. Honestly though that wouldn't change my mind, I'd make it work, but our home is a good size for two kids and financially and work-wise I think 2 is good. When I was thinking 3 it was really not thinking it through.

Last edited by mizza411; January 25th, 2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: didn't make sense...
January 25th, 2014, 10:33 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, I knew before having baby C that he would be my LAST baby!! After it taking so long to get number 3 it has really showed me that I'm really done and feel good about it. I had 2 independent kids then had another tiny baby Took a bit to adjust, but now we wouldn't know life without him!! He completes our family.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 25th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Super Mommy
I would LOVE another, but there is no way that DH would go for it. I guess we are done with 4.
jamieshalon2 likes this.
January 25th, 2014, 12:02 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
Nope, I knew before having baby C that he would be my LAST baby!! After it taking so long to get number 3 it has really showed me that I'm really done and feel good about it. I had 2 independent kids then had another tiny baby Took a bit to adjust, but now we wouldn't know life without him!! He completes our family.

I swear we are sisters. I was gonna write the SAME thing!! I'm super happy that we went for baby #3, as is DH especially since he got his boy. But it has been an adjustment after having a 6 and 4 year old. Although I will say it is easier compared to having a 2yo and a newborn.

But anyway, back on topic, yes, we are very much done and Jude, being my 3rd high maintenance baby, has set it even more in stone. We are happy being a 5-family.
sweety_pie likes this.

January 25th, 2014, 01:41 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a lot in common! LOL

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 25th, 2014, 02:35 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
No! I still want another
January 25th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I have no desire to ever grow more children, but I would adopt down the line if I could afford it. Not a baby. I'd like a 4-5 yr old child.
FishermansWife4 and QL1516 like this.

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
January 25th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kind of.. I wanted 4 before I had Miah now I definitely want 3! SO wants 1 more girl and a boy, and so do I! Were going to start trying again after Miah turns 2 so then she will be 3 or older by the time I have my next, I want my children to be 3 years apart at least.

January 25th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Leah
I wasn't sold one way or another before, and now I lean more to the yes. The on,y reason I wouldn't would be if we couldn't get our ducks in a row. Logster was a surprise and had I planned, a couple things would've been different... Though it's worked out beautifully. I'm just a control freak. I would've been like we will have X in savings, X per week, child are planned for years.

I guess I'll wait a bit and let Logan kinda dictate it. I don't think I'd want to wait too long. SO will be 39, I'll be 34 and his older kids are already 10 and 7. I'm kind of loving the idea of two little boys though. Which means I'd probably have a girl.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
January 25th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Yes. A few times actually. I always thought I wanted 3 until I was so uncomfortable during pregnancy. By the end of my pregnancy I wasn't so sure. Then I had a traumatizing labor & delivery & I was 100% certain I would never have another. Now I love him so much, I definitely want a 3rd.

January 25th, 2014, 09:52 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
We still would like 3, but we still want a big gap. This was my before-career baby Now I want to focus on school then get a good job and then have a baby at least a year into it..so still 5 years probably.
Plus mizza and my babies are twins Both super high maintenance so I think dh and I are traumatized for a little while...
January 27th, 2014, 10:37 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
My DD was an amazing baby, so laid back and easy going. My DS is even better. There will defiantly be another little one in our future. I love my kids now but I don't feel like my family is complete yet. I would love to give my daughter a sister and my son a brother but I don't think 4 is what will work for us. We'll see how it goes down the road. Carter will be at least 3 before we start TTC so I've got some time to think about it.

January 27th, 2014, 10:56 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1414 View Post
I would LOVE another, but there is no way that DH would go for it. I guess we are done with 4.
this sounds exactly like me. I would love to have one more, but I don't think I could get dh to do it. plus I really don't think we could financially afford it. Daycare for 3 is pretty rough, and we have cheap daycare since it is family. My oldest son is 13 so he no longer needs care, but we pay out $700 a month for the other kiddos. I can't imagine adding another $400 a month to that. It would be higher than a house payment, and we just can't afford for me to be a SAHM right now. By the time we could afford it I will be well into my 40's.
cooper1414 likes this.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
January 27th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure William is our last. I wasn't sure before.
He is a great baby. I just feel like 3 is keeping me plenty busy.
We are both thrilled we had a surprise 3rd kiddo.
January 28th, 2014, 03:31 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've said it before, I'll say it again, done and very comfortable with that decision.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
January 28th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
this sounds exactly like me. I would love to have one more, but I don't think I could get dh to do it. plus I really don't think we could financially afford it. Daycare for 3 is pretty rough, and we have cheap daycare since it is family. My oldest son is 13 so he no longer needs care, but we pay out $700 a month for the other kiddos. I can't imagine adding another $400 a month to that. It would be higher than a house payment, and we just can't afford for me to be a SAHM right now. By the time we could afford it I will be well into my 40's.
Yep, we are already paying $1500 a month in daycare so another infant would put us at almost $2200! Like whoa. I don't know that if we did have another that the "ache" would go away either. Probably not. I never really had a special number in mind for how many kids I'd want, but I would be thrilled to have more, but it doesn't seem realistic for us. And for the nosy rosies in real life that inquire, I think I'd want another even if we already had a girl....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search