How do your babies wake up?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By kurly
  • 2 Post By mrsjl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Misha almost always wakes up crying. I'd say 80% of the time this is the case... from naps, in the morning, whenever. The only exception is his last nap (if he takes in) in the stroller when we go for our evening walk... then he sleeps 10-15 minutes and is fine. Usually in the morning he wakes up once around 5:30-6 then for the day 6:30-7, and sometimes for that second waking I can hear him making non-crying noises, but then he'll start crying anyway. MOST of the time he settles down after we get him up (I guess he's just sleepy and disoriented?) and walk around with him, play a little, etc., and he'll be in a good mood... but I still wish it wasn't such a difficult transition for him!

Both my parents mentioned that, when I was a baby, I was usually really happy in the mornings and just played in my crib and made joyful screeches until they came in. So I'm curious how everyone's babies wake up and how their mood is!
April 18th, 2014, 11:34 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Totally a personality thing.

My oldest son was always so happy when he got up, playing and chattering in his crib (even though he was the worst sleeper and very hard to get down). Even now, he wakes up bubbly and jumps out of bed to greet the day (or afternoon).

Both Kieran and Jo are grumpy wakers. Kieran whines and fusses and needs a good ten minute of laying in his bed or with me to be happy. Jo always cries to get up, but as soon as she sees me or I pick her up, she stops and relaxes. It still takes 5 or so minutes for her to wake-up fully to play or chat.

They both take after me...I hate waking up and always have. I feel disoriented and sluggish when I first wake up, even if I have gotten plenty of sleep. My husband is the happy-waker in this house, so Liam got it from him.

So I think it's probably just an in-born thing for him.
rheaimedved likes this.
April 18th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah wakes up happy, though sometimes she wakes up whining after naps. In the mornings she'll just kind of moan and talk etc, but if we leave her too long (which DH always does because he's lazy and doesn't want to get out of bed, and it drives me CRAZY) she'll start to cry. I am almost always the one to get up with her in the mornings and she's all smiles.
rheaimedved likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 18th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Brock's minion
Brock wakes up slowly while in his crib, he likes a few minutes to get himself together. When he's ready for me he simply yells Mamama about 10 times as loud as he can. He's always very happy in the morning, after naps is touch and go.
rheaimedved likes this.

Michelle
April 18th, 2014, 01:43 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The way Kody wakes up in the morning depends on if he had enough sleep or not. If it was a rough night, and he's waking up but needs more sleep, he will cry/whine/complain to let me know he wants help getting back to sleep. If he is rested, he will just lay there making little noises and then roll over and crawl on top of me if I don't open my eyes. He's all smiles those times. He likes to crawl over and play with the cat who is usually on the bed too at that time.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 18th, 2014, 06:07 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Joy, how are nights going? Any improvement?
April 18th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Super Mommy
Wyatt is happy because he likes to look at and play with the animals stickers on his wall next to the crib. He talks and talks to them. I can usually wait 20-30 minutes before I need to go get him up.
rheaimedved likes this.
April 19th, 2014, 04:10 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery wakes up grumpy and crying almost every day as well. I usually have to get up and walk around with her or take her to play to get her to stop. Even when I pick her up she still fusses a few minutes.

April 19th, 2014, 06:49 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he usually wakes up pretty happy. he doesn't sleep in his crib yet so when he wakes up in the morning and sees me he is usually in a good mood. he will just sit quietly, lay on me, kiss me, etc.

yesterday I left him sleeping in the bed for a minute at nap time (I put blankets/pillows/clean laundry on the floor all around the bed just in case he wakes up without me there and falls, plus our bed is just the mattress and box spring right on the floor so it isn't very high) and I had checked on him and he was sleeping and not even a minute later I hear him say something so I jump up and he's crawling toward me down the hallway!!! I put him back on the bed to see how he got down and he crawls to the edge of the bed, rotates, and goes down feet first. I am so glad he knows how to get down safely and doesn't just crawl off the edge haha.

I will be happier when he finally sleeps in his crib, though!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
April 19th, 2014, 08:21 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kary, it's hard to say...we've had some really crappy nights with teething, but it seems to be getting a little better. Not much though.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 19th, 2014, 10:55 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
G usually wakes up pretty happy. Sometimes he fusses until I come get him. Most mornings I can usually get about 20 minutes of him laying there with his binkie and ottie before he demands me to come get him

April 21st, 2014, 01:44 PM
May 2013 Cohost
It depends...sometimes she's happy and will play for 20 min, other times she will cry right away.
April 22nd, 2014, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurly View Post
Wyatt is happy because he likes to look at and play with the animals stickers on his wall next to the crib. He talks and talks to them. I can usually wait 20-30 minutes before I need to go get him up.
that settles it, i'm getting stickers to put on the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjl View Post
I am so glad he knows how to get down safely and doesn't just crawl off the edge haha.
I was SO relieved when Misha figured out how to get off the furniture without diving head first.
April 23rd, 2014, 03:01 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Super Mommy
Kaeldra also wakes up crying the majority of the time. If she has had an especially good night's worth of sleep, then she can be pretty smiley and happy. She wakes crying after almost every nap, though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search