Food?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Laurenj915
  • 1 Post By QL1516
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By Lemon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 03:58 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kinda foods are your little ones eating now?

This is my 3rd but I feel brand new at this whole feeding thing and it makes me nervous lol I feel like Christian is lacking in the food department really.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 22nd, 2014, 04:09 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't started yet. I am really dreading all the worrying about choking, and food allergies, spending more on organics, making sure we have food for Tessa when we go somewhere... I think it also makes me feel like she is growing up and I am holding on to my nursing little girl who only needs me. *sigh* ok, i am going to get her out of bed to snuggle now.
sweety_pie and QL1516 like this.

Expecting a baby girl Nov 4, 2015
Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mama!
April 22nd, 2014, 04:25 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Everything! Doctor suggested a little more than we were doing (just tastes) to help weight a little so now its carrots, a little rice, peas, brocoli, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, squash, and I just bought apples and green beans to try. I'm buying jar to see what she's allergic to and then making it if it works.
she eats two meals -lunch and dinner about like 1.5 oz each so not much but she is starting to get into it.
April 22nd, 2014, 05:00 AM
We've been doing jars too, I like to start out like that trying out things first before serving up our food. Wondering what else I should be giving, seen on another board they are giving eggs, meats, etc. was feeling behind lol He loves his baby cereals oatmeal and barley.

How many "meals" are you doing now at almost 7 months?

April 22nd, 2014, 08:06 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan is a week shy of 6 months, but has been eating solids since 4.5 months. Right now we are just doing the jars/tubs of store-bought, because he isn't eating a whole lot so it's still fairly cheap for me to go that route.

He eats bananas, peaches, pears, sweet potato, squash, green beans, peas, mixed veggies fruit and veggie combos, and also Baby Mum Mum crackers which he LOVES. He has been teething the last week and isn't as interested in solids as normal. Typically he eats a 2.5-3.5 ounce tub once per day. Lately he's eating about half that.

April 22nd, 2014, 08:43 AM
Phew I don't feel bad now lol I was feeling like I'd be the only one feeding my baby jar/tub foods Christian eats about 2tbsp of cereal in the morning, 2.5-3 tbsp of fruit/veggie at lunch and another 1-2 tbsp cereal before bed lol doesn't sound like much.

Do you give him a whole mum mum to hold onto? we just bought those to try lol I'm super nervous.

April 22nd, 2014, 08:55 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually break them in half, but only because he likes to throw them on the flor and I don't want to waste a whole one. They dissolve really easily, so he only bites off as much as he can handle. He has yet to have any gagging with them.

Oh, I also occasionally give him chunks of real banana. He loves that!!

April 22nd, 2014, 09:17 AM
Ok guess we will have to try it lol I was going to try the banana cut up for him to pick up peices off his tray too!

April 22nd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Boob juice. Lily refuses to eat yet. She has perfected clamping her mouth closed and moving her head. I've tried banana, avocado, honeydew, sweet peas, and 1 more thing. Just can't think of it.

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
April 22nd, 2014, 05:20 PM
Leah
We did fresh avocado but the rest has been jars - squash, peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, corn/sweet potatoes... Figured it was easier to try that first. No cereal, no fruits yet. Well start fruits soon. He only eats at dinner, maybe 1.5-2 ounces. He's doing pretty good. I hated starting for all the reasons Lauren listed, but eventually I couldn't deny the kid was trying snatch our food with his hands - and feet. Little monkey toes....
sweety_pie likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 23rd, 2014, 08:34 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I swear by this age my first was eating a ton more than this one but he just seems to be so little to try some of the things I am reading online! He eats apples, peaches (his favorite), bananas, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans (jars). I haven't done meats yet but have tried some mixes (blueberry & apple, banana & apple). I gave him some of my spaghetti & meatballs tonight & thought I might have a heart attack every gag he made. He hates mashed potatoes, as did my first. I'm pretty sure it's a texture thing. I could tell he was feeling the taste of the meatballs but the texture was throwing him off. Since I was freaking out, I got him his peaches which he happily downed, complete with his little "mmmm"s. I don't think I'm feeding him as much as I should be. Up until recently I was just feeding him for dinner. The last couple weeks I've added lunch. Now I'm reading I should be doing breakfast too. *sigh* it's so boring lately. He hasn't been able to even finish a whole jar because 1/4 of the way through he starts spitting on me so we stop!
Since they are ever so healthy, tomorrow I'm going to give him some cheese puffs & see how he likes them.

April 24th, 2014, 03:14 AM
I feel exactly the same way, behind with this one lol But I tried him with some tiny cut up banana and he gagged on the first piece, I had a stroke and decided we will wait and stick to the jars of puree haha oh myyy This part is always stressful for me!
Cccbb61013 likes this.

April 29th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Super Mommy
He hates the cereals... I don't blame him. LOL He eats squash, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, pears, and I've made apples and peaches but he hasn't tried them yet. I have bought the Yo Baby yogurt and he likes that too.
April 29th, 2014, 07:17 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
More like what isn't Natania eating. Prunes seem to be the only thing that upset her tummy. She eats 2 tubs of stage two foods, three times a day. She is handling it so well, and eats so much, that her pedi had us introduce meats at 7 months (normally he says wait 9-10 months for meats). She loves eating and really seems to dig the social part of being at the table in the high chair and chatting it up. We did the math, she eating close to $150 in baby food a month so we going to start making her vegi's (not comfortable with making the homemade meats yet). She is eating a lot for her age but her body handles it great and she seems to love it.
April 30th, 2014, 02:47 AM
Wow! She sounds like a big eater!! lol My little man gets no where near that!!!

They are ok to have yogurt now? I wanted to buy the baby yogurt but wasn't sure! lol

Christian LOVESSSSS his oatmeal and barley cereals, can't get enough!!

May 1st, 2014, 05:02 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
William has been pretty uninterested in the solids I have offered him, but a switch seems to have flipped this week. He went to town during both of his "meals" today.
I'm offering him solids twice a day most days. Usually a fruit in the morning and a veggie in the afternoon.
I planned to make most if it, but I'm using organic jars/pouches more than anything right now. Too busy.
sweety_pie likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search