Father's day?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Cccbb61013
  • 2 Post By QL1516
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011
  • 1 Post By mizza411
  • 2 Post By soul_donut
  • 2 Post By MrsPea

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2014, 07:55 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Anyone know what they're getting their so's for father's day?

I'm thinking a recliner/man chair since we both want one He really wants nothing though. Maybe a grill...
June 5th, 2014, 09:56 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Not really sure. He has been hinting towards a new drill set. Maybe that.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 5th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I got mine $150 gift card to sunglass hut. Every year we go to the beach & every year he wants to buy $200 oakleys. The past 3 years I told him no since we didn't have the extra money. So this year he'll have $150 head start. I'm excited because he'll be surprised & it's something that he'll really like.
soul_donut likes this.

June 6th, 2014, 02:58 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I had planned to buy my husband something cool, and actually did buy him an old fashioned shaved ice machine (the guy really loves sno cones lol), but since he didn't buy me anything for Mother's Day I feels bit awkward spending a bunch of money on him. I'll still give him the shaved ice machine, but not buying anything else.

I'm also going to take 3 pictures of Logan holding the letters "DAD" and framing them. Hope he likes it!

June 6th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Leah
Sex. I'm giving him sex.

Really though, I'm not sure. My family has always done gifts for moms day and all, but I guess they just do flowers in his family. I'm not sure what I got that was mom's day versus birthday, so I don't want to one up or whatever. Eh, I guess if I do, I do. I like giving pictures, but I tend to do that a lot. I think I'll cook, which never ever happens. I imagine we'll go to breakfast with his family. That's a thing with them. (I was not pleased having to wake up early on my birthday/first Mother's day, so maybe we'll take the reigns on that and plan brunch.)
jennyrae03 and MrsPea like this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
June 6th, 2014, 12:48 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^HA! thanks for the laugh

June 6th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Cooking and kiddo handprint art. He wants some Magic the Gathering stuff, and since he's the breadwinner, I told him to buy something nice for himself. lol He may get that if we have it in the budget. We'll have to start saving, though.

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
June 6th, 2014, 08:49 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QL1516 View Post
Sex. I'm giving him sex.
Dang...totally forgot about that...
MrsPea likes this.
June 7th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, I didn't even think of sex. That's pretty funny though.

I went to a ceramic painting place last week and Henry and I painted a mug, and I have his foot prints on there, so we'll be giving him that. I got a card and home made cake for Mother's Day, so I feel like the mug will be sufficient.
soul_donut likes this.
June 10th, 2014, 12:37 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I got him something we have been talking about doing for 4 years and hasn't exactly happened. Our garage is a big mess… there isn't sufficient storage in any home in Florida and it's really hard to store things in attics and garages because of heat, humidity, and water. Our stuff is just getting icky all over so I am having a company come out Friday that specializes in installing heavy duty utility shelving. They supposedly will organize my clutter in a way to function daily and lift all the crap off the floor. I have to have my inlaws babysit Ben basically all day Thurs and Friday because I have to go through and sort out stuff I want to throw out / donate / keep. It's a big headache and relatively expensive (though I don't think the cost is a lot for what they do, just higher than I thought to spend at this time) but honestly, I clean the garage out really well every year and organize it as best I can without investing in extra stuff, and guaranteed he doesn't know where to find anything or put anything away and it's messy again in a month, tops. This will be a really good thing for the family because we keep trying to do most activities outside, but it's a chore to get out the grill, toys, etc in our mess heap.

And a book. I got him a book.
QL1516 and jennyrae03 like this.
June 10th, 2014, 07:58 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got a new dishwasher and called it our mother's/ father's day gift. But then he went and bought me a case of wine and a box of chocolates. So I got him a t-shirt that he saw on the Colbert Report and said, "Argh I really want that shirt, but I don't know why." LOL

I also need to do some sort of craft with Doug tomorrow or thursday. Not sure what yet.
QL1516 and jennyrae03 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search