What does your baby eat in one day?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Laurenj915
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By mizza411
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2014, 03:48 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lets all post what your baby typically eats in one day so we can all get ideas! lol

Ours goes like this...

6:00am 6oz bottle

8:00am whole wheat Toast with butter, banana, and blueberries (cup of milk or water)

9:30am 5oz bottle (nap)

12:00pm Avocado cut up in chunks, blueberries and some blueberry muffin (cup of water)

1:30pm 5oz bottle

3:00pm nap

5:00pm Scrambled egg yolk with broccoli and cheese, carrots cut up, and some whole wheat toast with butter, apple sauce for dessert. (cup of water)

6:30pm 5oz bottle

10:00pm 5oz bottle before bed.

This was yesterdays menu

**Oh and he does have snacks in between mum mums, puffs or yogurt dots

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 29th, 2014, 05:01 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I think my daughter wants to survive on berries alone lol!

6 AM: Nurse

6-7 AM: a handful of raspberries, a handful of blueberries, and 3-5 strawberries.

noon: Usually whatever I eat or applesauce or yogurt.

2 PM: Nurse

3-4 PM: More berries, mum mums

5 PM: Nurse

6-7PM: Steamed veggies, veggie puree, and a little meat if she can eat it.

8PM: Possibly more fruits or a mum mum if she's bugging me for my food (she's like a shark!)

8:30: Nurse

We realized she eats WAY more fruits than veggies so that's why dinner is always only veggies and meat. Some days she is hell bent on nursing more too.
July 29th, 2014, 05:38 AM
I haven't done strawberries yet, was unsure if they should before 12 months, but I think I should try them lol He hasn't had much meat yet either

July 29th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is kind of boring. I know it seems like alot of nursing but I am home and don't mind, she does a ton of "snacking" on breast milk.

5:30 nurse
7:00 nurse
8:30 nurse
11:00 nurse and one rice rusk cracker
12:30 nurse
1:30 nurse
3:30 nurse and one rice rusk cracker
5:00 nurse
5:30 homemade baby food (this week- avocado, spinach, kale, coconut milk, squash, banana and peach blend. GAG!)
6:30 nurse
7:30 nurse
Cccbb61013 likes this.

Expecting a baby girl Nov 4, 2015
Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mama!

Last edited by Laurenj915; July 29th, 2014 at 05:50 AM.
July 29th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
I haven't done strawberries yet, was unsure if they should before 12 months, but I think I should try them lol He hasn't had much meat yet either
We just started last week. I thought she would have a reaction to so many things and so far she's had none (I, however, am allergic to cherries, strawberries, peaches, you name it ) She loves them! We've done all meats, but not pork. I asked the ped when to start fish and he was like "It might hurt her stomach" That's it? No allergies?! Haven't tried it yet just to be safe!
July 29th, 2014, 07:07 AM
He's had a bit of chicken so far, about it for meat. Guess I will have to go for it and try strawberries hes been good with everything else so far.

July 29th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Leah
We'd read in a few places strawberries at 12 months, but then started seeing them in just about every brand of food on the shelves for 6/8 months+, so we went ahead and tried and no problems.

Logan's day varies a little based on if I'm home or not because he is refusing the bottle at the moment. It also depends on whether or not he and SO decide to sleep in on the weekends (or the days SO is not scheduled for work). The boys like to sleep in...well, I do too, but sure seems harder for me somehow...

7:00am-ish: Nurse
9:00am-ish: Nurse again before I go to work. On the weekends this may be a little later if Logan sleep longer.
9:30-10:00am-ish: Breakfast, usually yogurt and/or oatmeal and eggs as of late. Some fresh fruit, bananas and blueberries are ones he likes.
12:00-1:00pm-ish: Lunch, yogurt if he did not have at breakfast, some fruit and/or veggies, maybe applesauce. Today he ate a full pouch of spinach/yogurt/beans/pumpkin and another cup of yogurt.
3:00-4:00pm-ish: Nurse. During the week, I often work a half day so I'm home by this time and nurse Logan before he takes a nap. If I work a full day this is bumped to about 5:30-6:00.
7:00pm-ish: Dinner. This could be almost anything. If we're making dinner for ourselves, he may have some of that. So far he's had most meat and some fish. If we're not eating at this time, he would likely have jarred/pouched baby food or we might make something quick like rice, or both/all. Ideally I like him to get meat & veggies at dinner.
8:30pm-ish: Nurses
11:30pm-12:00am-ish: Nurses

He also snacks in between - fruit flavored puffs, or recently he has loved the cheese puffs. He may also nurse in between and eat off any plates he can. Since he is refusing to take the bottle, I'm trying to have everyone give him a sippy cup with water in it. I don't think SO is the best about the habit, but everyone else does. I also try to when I'm home, figure might as well get him used to it.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
July 29th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Do you just give regular oatmeal? or baby cereal?

Christian will no longer let me spoon feed him so he feeds himself his yogurt and apple sauce lol MESS! He will only eat finger foods now and turns away any pouch or jarred foods so my job is a bit tougher lol

July 29th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I don't think I feed Brady enough. Not that I'm withholding food, but he just has a personality that he gets bored with everything, including eating. So he'll start & then start swatting the food away, not paying attention, fussing, so we'll stop. Then he'll be fussy for an hour or two & I'll try feeding him again & he'll eat. It hadn't even crossed my mind until recently that he may have been fussing because he was still hungry. Feel horrible. I overfed my first so tried to avoid that with Brady, but now I worry that I underfed him! He is tongue tied so before he was on solids he ate little amounts every hour or two. He's definitely not starving, he's a chubby little thing, but I think he wants more, just something different. He has a very sensitive gag reflex & is always choking & throwing up when he eats anything other than baby food. It's sad because he loves "regular" food. I was getting brave finally & giving him bigger chunks until he choked on a French fry at a carnival. Now I'm back to square one! Our schedule varies everyday, but this is a very loose average:

6:30am 6oz

8:30am 4oz

10:30 am 1/2 jar of baby food or 1/2 container of yogurt. Today he had cereal & baby food mixed

11am 2 oz

12pm 1/2 jar of baby food & 4-6 oz

3pm 4-6oz

5pm yogurt bites or vanilla wafers

5:30-6:30pm full jar of baby food

6:30-8:30 (depending on bed time) 6-8oz

Midnight 6oz

July 29th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Leah
We started with baby cereal, but went to regular oatmeal once we ruled out allergies and saw his stomach was OK with foods. SO is a big oatmeal fan and makes his with dried oats on the stove. I'm such a oatmeal novice it never occurred to me there was other kinds other than the microwave. ...

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
July 30th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh dear, this is where I have to admit, again, that H is still refusing solids.

Here's our schedule:

6:30 am wake- Nurse (both sides)

7:30 am - I eat my breakfast and offer him what I'm eating (Shreddies and banana often), he refuses

8 am - offer cheerios, mum mum, or other finger food snacks, he refuses

8:30 am - nurse (one side) and first nap

10 am - wake and nurse (other side)

11:30/12 - Offer him lunch or whatever I'm eating (baby cereal, purees, veggies from my salads, toast, scrambled eggs, whatever), he refuses

12:30 - Nurse (one side) and second nap

2 pm - wake and nurse (other side)

3/4 pm - Offer snacks again, he refuses

6 pm - Offer dinner (peanut or almond butter, veggie pieces, apple sauce, pasta, cherries, banana, corn, peas, etc), he refuses

7 pm - Bedtime, nurse (both sides)

(+nurse at 10 pm and 3 am)

The only thing I haven't offered is honey, but everything else is game, and no reactions. I do purees, solids, steamed, raw, roasted, etc. He hates it all.

Arwen, any progress on your end?
July 30th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Oh, gosh, this is embarrassing. My child hates real food!

7:00 AM: nurse, both sides

10:00: nurse, both sides; 1-2 hour nap

noon: nurse, both sides

3:00: try to give food, clean up vomit; nurse both sides

6:00: nurse both sides, nap

9:00: nurse both sides, bedtime

all night long: she cosleeps with my boobs
mizza411 likes this.

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
July 30th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I nurse on demand (about every 2-3 hours during the day). He usually nurses 2-4 times at night too.

He has 3 meals a day which can be:
-jar of baby food
-yogurt
-breakfast food we are having --- pancakes or waffles, cut up fruit
-dinner we are having --- whatever he can eat--- soft veggie, rice, bread, etc.

I'll gives him puffs, rice rusks, cheerios, yogurt melt things in between if he seems hungry or we are out shopping or something.
July 31st, 2014, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, Arwen, they're not going to be exclusively breast fed at 20 years old, so they will give in to solids at some point. Sigh, it's just a matter of when.
Spyctre likes this.
July 31st, 2014, 10:57 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I was wondering about this! I think I need to add a meal. We nurse every couple-few hours, and have meals like this:

breakfast: Banana, whole wheat slice, maybe with PB or regular butter on it, some other random stuff like berries or peaches aka what mom is eating.

snack: some cheese, naan, picky foods

lunch: leftovers like chili, pasta, beans and rice, whatever we are eating etc, applesauce and maybe a packet or some veggies

snack later..

He nurses a lot. Seems like he is on the skinny end of the spectrum (18 lb, 30") so I might make him a meal at 5, since he goes to bed at 7.

For what it's worth - Ben is eating strawberries, cheese, and now is allowed to eat food with shellfish in it. The pediatrician ok'ed it and we have no history of allergies. He appreciates the variety, I think. Plus he gets pissed if you are eating something delicious (say, lobster ravioli) and he can't have it too. Also, he is feeding himself unless it's something positively soupy like a packet or applesauce. He doesn't feel like doing the spooning 95% of the time, which I am fine with because the rest of the food makes a mess!
July 31st, 2014, 04:18 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan loves real food! He's a little beggar, and will stand underneath me with his mouth hanging open until I give him a bite (okay 10 bites) of my food.

He usually has a 5 ounce bottle in the morning, followed by his own bowl of Greek yogurt or bites of whatever I'm eating (bagel, pancake, cereal).

Bottle again around 2.5-3 hours later, then for lunch he eats what we are eating unless it is too spicy or greasy for him, so no Mexican food lol. He loves pasta, fresh fruit, veggies, and will eat meat if it is moist.

Typically has another bottle or two before supper around 6pm, where he again will eat what we are having. I do also offer him the yogurt bites or baby cheese puffs with his meals. After that, he usually has one more bottle and then it's bedtime around 8pm.
ILoveStorm2011 likes this.

August 1st, 2014, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
Logan loves real food! He's a little beggar, and will stand underneath me with his mouth hanging open until I give him a bite (okay 10 bites) of my food.
Ha! My friend watched Phe yesterday and told me she didn't get to eat her own dinner because my baby was begging for hers!
jennyrae03 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search